main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Clues in Episode 3 for Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by droconnel22, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Womprataouille1974

Womprataouille1974 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    you know, the midichlorian angle was never really fully explored. I am curious to see if anything is done with it in the ST.

2. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005

Obi Wan appeared to Luke multiple times in the movie, however... Maybe its a "three wishes" kind of thing... so many chances to intervene in the living world. Or fade away when your business is finished and you’ve said goodbye.

3. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The more and more I think about the question posed by the OP, the more I think it is a story thread that is very much up Lucas' alley and would be an excellent way to tie the three trilogies together into a single cohesive whole, and is therefore definitely something I'd like to see.

4. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    Palpatine's speech in RotS is a plot device to give Anakin a reason to turn to the Dark Side, I don't think it's some kind of prophecy about the ST...

5. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005

I don't know. I don't think immortality is any more far fetched than immaculate conception. With Lucas every scene tends to do multiple things.

On one level, yeah, Palpatine is playing on Anakin’s fear of losing Padme.

On another level Palpatine doing something essential in a “rule of two” situation, which is preserving his own life by making his powerful-soon-to-be-official-apprentice the believe that Palpatine is worth keeping alive because he still has knowledge that Anakin does not. When a Sith Master has taught his Apprentice everything he knows… that’s when the Apprentice strikes.

The same scene also the true ending of Palpatine’s manufactured war… when Palpatine basically sells out Grevious, while simultaneously separating Anakin from Obi Wan by making Anakin tell the council that Palpatine said he should get the mission (Palpatine knows the council doesn’t trust Anakin)

..and Palpatine knows he needs Anakin alone, because Obi Wan has always come between Anakin and Palpatine’s goals.

6. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    That's not being disputed; however, that doesn't mean that pushing Anakin further towards the Dark Side necessarily has to be the only purpose for that scene and speech of Palpatine's. 'Resurrecting' Plagueis seems to me to very much be something that George Lucas would consider.

7. droconnel22

droconnel22 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    When I watched the scene in ep3 I thought more about the unexplored themes of resurrection and death in star wars. I also feel its more ominous because palpatine is talking about it. Its unlikely that Darth Plagues will show up in ST or the S-S-T?(ep10-12???)I feel its more about palpatine studying this and knowing about it many years before his actual death in ROTJ. We really have no idea what palpatine was doing during the civil war when his power was uncontested and he was free to do whatever.

Whats interesting is that both Gen. Grievous and Darth Vader essentially cheat death through technology, both being kept alive in a bionic suit.

8. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Palpatine told Anakin that specifically because he was manipulating Anakin into believe it is possible to saved a loved one from death. He said this because he knew Anakin was afraid of losing his wife. So he used that fear to convert Anakin to the Dark side. So I'm skeptical that it will have any significance on Ep. VII.

9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    If only Heath Ledger was still alive....he could have done it.

10. GeneralCeel

Nov 4, 2005
    "Heath Ledger would have never joined you."

GGrievous and DarthKreVass like this.
  11. droconnel22

droconnel22 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2012
    [To Empire Remnants]............its very simple..........we have to kill the Jedi.......and when you guys want to um get serious..............here is my holocard......

couldnt help it.

TreborSabreon and GeneralCeel like this.
  12. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012

13. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Read the Plagueis novel, very cool, an Palps is very good in this.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt there's any limits on force ghosts appearing.

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'd prefer a threat to the galaxy that has nothing to do with the Sith ideology, but I wouldn't mind a villain that makes Palpatine look like some kid in man pants.

Edit: Or, err, robes.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Misreading of prophecy, Darth Plageus being introduced and Anakin's full parentage never quite being revealed, Obi-Wan with the signal (but I always thought that was a throwaway line to the EU, since random other Jedi were popping up all over the place who hid from Darth Vader during the purge). Hell, Yoda's "There Is Another" in "Empire" could be construed differently. Sure, there's Leia, but she doesn't exactly seem like the "Saviour of the Force" thing that Luke had going on for him, she was just his sister.

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually, there is. Obi-wan explicitly says so to Luke in the EU.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Which runs counter to what he says about Yoda in ROTJ.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I hope they don't go crazy with the Force ghosts...

20. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    They can walk around and sit down on rocks.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They can also move vines.

22. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    Maybe a prequel character will come back. Now that The Clone Wars reintroduced Darth Maul I always assumed that conversation with Palpatine and Anakin was referencing Darth Maul's return from near death. Anyway General Grievous' death did seem kinda weak...

23. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Palpatine was lying to Anakin to manipulate him to the Dark Side. He knew Anakin was afraid of letting Padme die because of his attachment to her. So he used that fear against him. If it were a different person in Anakin's place, he would've told him a different story imo.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  24. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    But there is no evidence in the movie that Palpatine is telling Anakin the truth - very handy that the Jedi won't talk about it and later Palpatine says that together they can unlock the secret of Plagieus - and Maul survived for different reasons.

DarthMateous likes this.
  25. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

I don't think that Anakin would do that. He has redeemed himself and thrown away his selfish desires.

And Qui-Gonn were not in search of immortality, he sought enlightenment - to be one with the Force - and Yoda and Kenobi followed for the same - but also with the need to be able to guide Luke or Leia.

Palpatine and the Sith just wanted it for personal power.

However, you may onto to something with the idea that the new movies would deal with the idea of immortality - Anakin sought it in the Prequels, Luke and friends were immortal in a way in the Originals (young and unstoppable) and in the Sequels he will be older and maybe we'll him have become the opposite of his father - still with plenty of life in him but not afraid and not craving the power Anakin did.