main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Teaser Trailer ideas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Even though I'm looking forward to parody disney trailer ideas, I'm interested in what people would ACTUALLY like to see or think would make a cool trailer for Episode VII. Obviously, we know pretty much NOTHING about the movie, but it would still be interesting to see if there are ideas out there. Ah, who am I kidding, I just wanted a place to write MY idea ;)

fade in: DISNEY CASTLE AND LOGO
    fade out
    fade in : LUCASFILM LOGO
    fade to black
    Ewan McGregor's voice is heard "Attention all Jedi, this is Obi-Wan Kenobi..."
    fade in: Hologram of prequel Obi-Wan standing on a hologram plate, and continuing to speak. "...the Sith have taken over the Senate. Do not return to the Jedi Temple..."
    crossfade to various scenes of order 66 from ROTS as Ewan continues in VO "...I repeat. Do NOT return to the Jedi Temple. Find a far corner of the galaxy and hide. Await further instructions"
    fade to black
    A new voice, older and unfamiliar to the saga, is heard. "There were never further instructions."
    fade in: Vader rising on table from ROTS. OT Obi-Wan voice over "A young Jedi named Darth Vader..."
    cross fade to ANH Obi-Wan in hutt continuing "helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights."
    fade to black
    new voice continuing "Do you have any idea what it's like to grow up keeping this power a secret?"
    fade in on new scene of young hands moving objects around a room. New voice continues in VO "To have these abilities and not be able to tell a soul?"
    crossfade to Star Destroyers shooting down asteroids from ESB. "Waking up each day....a small boy, wondering if today is my last day..."
    crossfade to Vader bowing before the Emperor in ROTJ. "...will Vader find me out, feel my presence, destroy me?"
    crossfade to new scene of ships flying through vast caverns. "For twenty years, I lived in fear."
    crossfade to second Death Star explosion from ROTJ "And then the Empire collapsed."
    crossfade to celebration scenes from around the galaxy in ROTJ:SE "We were free. Me and all the others like me, we were free at least. And there was really, in truth, only one remaining threat."
    fade to black. "Master Skywalker."
    fade in to view an older man in a new Jedi suit whose back is to the camera and he is looking to the ground. The camera slowly pans around to the front of the man during the following VO from the new voice "So we waited. We waited for decades. We trained. And now. The time has come."
    the older man looks up and is revealed to be a 60ish year old Luke Skywalker.
    cut to wide view of Luke standing facing someone in the foreground. A red lightsaber lights up from the foreground figure.
    cut to inside a vast cavern where an army of figures with red lightsabers are attacking a group of young Jedis.
    fade to black.
    title: Star Wars: Episode VII - Children of the Dark Side
    cut to text: The Saga continues Summer 2015

2. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    chills - I got chills.

Hope the trailer is something like this, but the teaser should be a lot less and a lot more maddening so we can speculate for a long long time. Hope the teaser for Ep. VII is similar to the teaser for TPM, because that was exciting and engaging and revealed just not enough to get your blood pumping and your mind racing.

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I'd give it a different name, but the premise isn't bad. Heads in the direction I like of having a Sith army...

gregvader123 likes this.
  4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    fade from black: DISNEY CASTLE AND LOGO
    fade to black: *Sound of Vader's Respirator*
    fade from black: Yoda lying on his deathbed. "Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi, will you be."
    crossfade to an older Luke standing with Leia... "Luke..."
    crossfade to an image of a twenty odd year old girl with Leia and Han standing behind her. "The Force runs strong in your family."
    crossfade to a young boy with curly red hair with Luke and a redheaded woman standing behind him."Pass on what you have learned."
    fade to black. *Sound of Vader's Respirator*
    A lightsaber ignites and an older Luke stands flanked by all the others shown earlier with their own lightsabers in the dim light of the blades.
    fade to black. *Sound of Vader's Respirator*
    title: Star Wars: Episode VII - A New Dawn
    cut to text: Summer 2015

5. aeods

aeods Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    The Phantom Menace trailer basically gave away the entire movie! Just as long as it's more than the ROTS teaser..

6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It could literally be: "Star Wars Episode VII 2015" handwritten on a napkin taped to a board and people will be freaking out.

7. aeods

aeods Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Yeah that's more likely what we're gonna get lol, and if that's it it's going to be maddening.

8. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm so TIRED of hearing Darth Vader breathing in every freakin' star wars promotion. Let him die already. lol. [/rant]

9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    GL doesn't do cheasy teasers. He always shows a lot. Expect some choice images.

10. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Guys, GL is a creative consultant now... he's not going to be the one assembling the movie let alone the teaser or trailer. Here's another one for your entertainment.

fade from black: DISNEY CASTLE AND LOGO
    fade out
    fade in LUCASFILM LOGO
    fade to black: A dark gruff voice begins to speak, "Eight centuries ago the Republic and Jedi destroyed our world."
    swift cut to a skull symbol emblazoned on a plate of armor
    swift cut to a world of bleached bones and white sand, a landspeeder speeding across the flat plane.
    swift cut to a massive battleship firing on a mon calamari cruiser.
    fade to black: "All we wanted, was to be left alone."
    fade in: a image of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant at dawn. Luke's voice begins. "I've watched you grow up... and after all these years, it's time."
    crossfade to a twenty year old being robed by a redheaded woman and Leia Organa.
    crosscut to an aged Luke standing amongst a small crowd of Jedi. "Lets welcome our newest Jedi Knight, Jaina Solo."
    crosscut to a redheaded boy grinning up at the group from beside Luke. The other Jedi are applauding in the background.
    fade to black: The dark voice begins to speak again, "The New Republic is our enemy as much as the Old."
    swift cut to a team of Mandalorians sneaking through the temple.
    swift cut to a Firespray gunship flying toward the temple.
    fade to black: "Take them."
    swift cut to a group of Mandalorians binding younglings.
    swift cut to the redheaded boy crying on the floor.
    swift cut to a Mandalorian holding a thermal detonator in the air.
    fade to black: "Master Skywalker... if you want to see your son alive, you will do exactly as I ask."
    fade in to a Mandalorian pacing in a holoprojector. "Or your little boy... shall die."
    fade to black.
    title: Star Wars: Episode VII: Mandalore Rising
    cut to text: Summer 2015

awesomejedi likes this.
  11. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    MUSIC: Quiet Celtic ballad with flutes, harps and indecipherable Enya lyrics

Ext. Forest Hill – Evening

It is nearing sundown in a primeval fantasy forest, the path rises to an isolated and treeless hill surrounded by a sea of green. At the top of the hill is a tumble of over grown stone blocks s of many colors perhaps the remains of a long fallen tower. The background is filled with the sounds of the forest and then the sound of hoof steps on the gravel path.

V.O. Narrator: When they feel the calling in their blood… they come

Out of the shadows on the forest edge riders slowly come into view and ride up onto the barren rise. The first rider nears the top of the hill and comes into view.

V.O. Narrator: They come to follow the traditions of their foremothers

Sylvia Greenleaf: She is mounted on a pale horse and as she comes closer we can see it is a unicorn with a silver main and horn. The rider is tall and lithe dressed in layered blue robes with silver trim that matches her silver hair and eyes. In one hand she holds the reins to her mount and in the other hand she holds an upright spear with a gleaming engraved silver blade and a silver pennant with a rainbow of seven colored stripes. She slowly looks around as she rides and her visage is proud and cold, the wind blows back her hair and we see she has pointed ears.

She moves on down the hill and we see the next rider that was hidden behind her

V.O. Narrator: They come to learn the way of the beast bond

Emma Steel: She is mounted on a (Undecided) and as she comes closer we can see (Undecided). On her belt are a short sword and a dagger. Her brown hair is tired back in a pony tail and behind one ear she has a quill pen. In one hand she holds the reins to her mount and in the other is a leather bound journal she is reading.

V.O. Narrator: They come to stand by their saddle sisters in time of need

Helma: She is mounted on a large gray ram and as she comes closer we can see that its horns are caped in steel knobs. The rider is short and stocky dressed in a heavy leather jacket with fur trim and a steel pot helmet from which hangs her hair in two thick blonde braids. In one hand she has the reins to her mount an in the other she hold a giant wooden croquette mallet over her shoulder.

V.O. Narrator: They come to champion their people

Urtha MapoUgli: A large white bear nears the hill and as it comes closer we see the fur on its back rise up to become a rider in a white fur cloak who had been leaning forward to grab a plant from the ground. Under the cloak she has buckskin pants and shirt and knee high moccasins. A twist of leafed vine holds her long straw colored hair back and she has green chevrons painted on her face. In her belt are hatchets and on her back is tied a large double bladed woodsman’s axe. In one hand she has the rains to her mount and in the other is the upturned plant as she chews on the roots.

V.O. Narrator: They come to redeem their past

The Artfull Swoop: A giant bat comes into view and as it gets closer to the hill we can see there is a girl ridding under the giant bat like a hang glider. She is a small framed but human with black hair and a shifty look. She is dressed in a trench coat, short pants, fingerless leather gloves and goggles, from her belt hangs a battered top hat. Across her chest is a bandoleer of old style milk bottles with wooden corks but the contents inside are of different colors not just white. The bat glides over the top of the hill

She flies on down the hill and we see the next rider that was hidden behind her

V.O. Narrator: They come to make the future

Gimger: She is mounted on a large ginger haired cat. Even with a cat the size of a mountain lion the red haired rider is only about 3 feet tall. The cat does not stick to the trail, it playfully bounds from place to place and near the top of the hill it leaps from rock to rock keeping off the trail. She has only a small dagger in her belt, with one hand she holds onto the collar of her cat in her other hand she has a flower.

V.O. Narrator: They come from across the world to find a home…worthy of defending

The Prospect: She is mounted on a great black bull and as she comes closer we can see that sparks fly as the iron hooves strike the rocks. The rider is gray skinned and stocky, her lank black hair is pushed back out of her face and held with a leather thong. She wears a threadbare dark leather vest and pants and is barefoot. In one hand she holds the reins chain to her mount and in the other she holds a great club across her lap. As she pauses on the hill the girl sniffs the air for danger and growls as her bull lets out a small snort of blue flame.

V.O. Narrator: They come back… to forge heroes

Marion Frances Ironheart: She is mounted on a giant lizard with six legs and as she comes closer we can see there is a leather mask covering the creature’s eyes and forehead, yet it moves without pause with total confidence in it’s rider’s guidance. The rider is a seasoned and experienced veteran, she wears a chain mail coat over a battered buff coat. On her belt is a long sword and dagger and from the saddle hangs a great sword. Half her face is scarred and gray streaks are in her auburn hair ware the old wounds merge into her hairline. She pauses on top of the hill and pulls a strap and the leather mask falls off the beast head to reveal a large third eye in the middle of it’s forehead.

The basilisk looks straight into the camera hissing and from the third eye comes a blinding white flash and the screen fades to black

V.O. Marion: Every one rides…no one quits

MUSIC: The starting base rhythm of a heavy metal variation of ‘Ghost Riders In The Sky’

TITTLE: The Rainbow Valley Magical Beast Ridding Academy and Home for gifted Beastquestrians: The Movie

TITTLE: Coming next summer to a theater in my head

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  12. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    DISNEY CASTLE AND LOGO
    LUCASFILM LOGO
    One green lightsaber lights up. Followed by a Blue, Yellow, and Purple. The left two sabers make a V the other two are vertical, making a VII.
    Luke or Han voice over: Return to the galaxy far far away
    Episode VII Title Card
    Shocking tease into movie clip lasting only a second or two

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    Any voice over should be done by mark as Luke but speaking with Obi Won's pattern

14. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
  15. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I would like them to film the movie before coming up with the teaser.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  16. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Lucas Logo that gets trampled by the feet of Mickey.
    Flashbacks of famous lines from the six films.
    Tell your sister you were right.
    quotes from Yoda, Kenobi, Vader, the Emperor, Luke, Quin Gon, etc.

Fades to black.
    Then something scary like Maul scary.
    Flashes of fights or unidentified new characters & mysteries.

Star Wars VII: Rise of the Shadow

17. Corruptor

Corruptor Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2002
    Lucasfilm logo.

A ship enters Coruscant.

A black hooded man walks out of the ship. He places roses in front of a monument for Anakin and Padme. He is an unknown younger man.

Quick shots of a space and saber battle.

There is another man behind the younger man, we can't see him as the shot is from behind. He puts his hand on the younger man's shoulder... hinting at him
    being Luke.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Disney logo (cue force theme)
    LucasFilm logo
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..
    Luke looking out to the twin suns from Episode IV, with Luke saying in the background "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." (episode VI quote)
    Show an aged Luke in a black cloak raising his head and igniting his green lightsaber.

Fade to black,

Then BOOM, The Star Wars theme.
    30 second clip of various scenes from Episode VII.
    STAR WARS EPISODE VII: VENGEANCE OF THE EMPIRE.
    COMING 2015.

19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    You really want to play on the whole 'Vengeance/Revenge' thing

20. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Will the empire still have vengeance leftover 30 years later?

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Sounds like a cool name to me, simple, effective.

22. DarthGaga

DarthGaga Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Just my feelings, but I HATE the word "rise" "rising" or "rises" in anything. It's way too "Comic-booky". We already have "Rise of the Guardians", "RISE of the Cobra", The Dark Knight RISES", "RISE of the Silver Surfer", etc.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I like it except for the inference that Ben Skywalker has curly red hair. Let it be known from this day forth that I've made it my personal mission in life to get this single point across to everyone on Earth:

Skywalker's are not gingers! :D

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    *sigh*

Seriously, though, I like your ideas and it sure is fun to speculate, huh?

25. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    I got yelled at for making him blond last time. I just can't win!

TreborSabreon likes this.