main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Taking our kids to see the new Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by swguru2004, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It depends on what Disney does. If they make movies I don't like, my kids will never see them. I will show my children The Fox movies & explain to them how great the story in the 6 is. If Disney does something I don't like they won't be shared with my family, just the 6 GL produced.

2. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    I have 2 boys ages 5 years and 3 months. I took my eldest to see TPM in 3D in theater last February. Of course he'd been watching TCW and had seen the others on DVD before this, but watching it in theater was amazing. Fully plan on taking him to the next 2 prequels next year, and the originals the following year. He'll be 8 when Ep. VII comes out, WHAT AN AGE. I was 10 when The Special Editions came out and that was such a magical time then followed by TPM when I was 12, so I'm really excited about seeing the Sequels for myself as well as watching my 8 year old be beside himself with the thrum that will be other ravenous fans.

3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    No kids of my own, but have been versing my seven year old nephew in Star Wars since he was a little guy. He had all the characters from ANH memorized by the time he was 18 months old, saw ROTJ and TPM by the time he was 2 1/2, and now has seen every single Star Wars movie (plus some Clone Wars) all the way through, excepting the more intense scenes from ROTS. His favorite movies are TPM, ESB, and ROTJ. He'll be 10 when the new movie comes out so he'll DEFINITELY be seeiing it. He's already excited about it, having never seen Star Wars in the theater.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    what was hi reaction to Vader being Lukes father, or did you show it like 1,2,3,4,5,6, or 4,5,6,1,2,3

5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    He's seen them in order. The most shocking thing for him was Anakin turning into Darth Vader, and then Darth Vader turning back.

6. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    This is what excites me the most. Having the opportunity to finally taking my 2 sons to a Star Wars movie at the theatre.

7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I saw ANH in '77. I was 8. I was sure my parents were taking me to see the remake of "A Star is Born" with Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand. Needless to say, I was much happier with Star Wars.

My kids are big SW fans, and I will be definitely be taking them to see VII. They'll be 15, 13, and 6. My oldest, who is 12 right now, is just getting into the EU, and I'm trying to keep his disappointment to a minimum.

Random Comments likes this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I already asked my oldest neiece if she'ds like to come to the midnight showing and she said , "NO!" Emphatically. She'll be 17 when it opens though . . . .she likes girly stuff like Twilight and Hunger Games.

My 5 yo who will be almost 8 said she'd go. But she's never seen Star Wars and when me and my bro watched the entire PT the Sat before last she wouldn't watch it with us.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But I thought kids loved Jar Jar... I'm so confused :_|

10. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    I took my boys 6 and 3 at the time to see TPM in 3D at it was a great time. Both of them loved it and are both pretty huge SW fans now. My little one loves clones and is constantly playing with his hasbro clone figures. Being able to bring my two boys to see episode 7 is one of the best aspects of this announcement. When I first heard the news I said wow I can experience a whole new trilogy with my boys and nothing is better than that.

11. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    My Daughter is 1 1/2 years old and I was thrilled when they announced that the OT will be rereleased in 3D, I already planned to take her to RotJ as her first cinema visit, now there is even more to look forward to... Me, I saw RotJ in the cinema and AnH and TEsb on VHS a year before with my father, when I was 5.
    In fact by parents where in AnH when my mom was 7 months pregnant with me. They always explained my SW craze with that.

12. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I was a kid for the SEs. However I don't have any kids myself... I better get busy. Any takers?

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm excited for my Lila to see the films with Daddy. She'd just be turning four years old for VII, so she'll probably have to wait and watch at home later, but seven years old for VIII and she'd be the same age as I was watching ROTJ in the theatre. Too cool.

14. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    God, that brings back memories.

Not old enough to have seen the films in the cinema, but still having the original films on VHS, yeah, still got them.

15. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Very jealous. Lost mine in a house fire.

16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    No kids of my own, but my cousin had a kid last year so he will be 3 or 4 (depending when they release it) by the time episode VII comes out and maybe i'll take him to go see it. My Dad was 15/16 in 1977 when A New Hope comes out and I was 15/16 when Revenge of the Sith came out. The One thing i am looking forward to is seeing the Original Trilogy in 3D. i only saw them on VHS and DVD and now i am going to watch the way they should be watched. On the BIG Screen.

17. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    I would like to make my bro take his daughter. sahe will be 5 or 6

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have three girls and a boy (ages 7, 5, and 3) and I think I was more excited for them to be able to see new movies in the theaters than I was for myself. I can't wait to take them! They're already counting down to 2015!

19. Specs

Specs Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2012
    I'm putting off having kids until I'm done with school, but given that Ep. VII isn't coming out till 2015, there's a decent chance I might have a tiny bundle (or bundles, given my family's tendency toward twins) of joy on the way when the new trilogy starts up. My aunt said I should take my cousins, though, who will be 8 and 4 when Ep. VII comes out.

20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I have mine too! Both versions -- original theatrical release and SE's. In fact I have Eps I & II on VHS as well. ROTS never came out on VHS.

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    No kids for me just yet, but I'll definitely be taking my nephew no matter what happens. :)