main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Although if you felt like the fight in "Lair of Grievous" took away from Grievous's scariness in ROTS I can only imagine what "Shadow Warrior" will do for you... <<;

2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ It didn't take away from Grievous' scariness for me; it just sort of lessened the impact of his confrontation with Obi-Wan since it's no longer, chronologically, the first confrontation between him and a Jedi. That's okay, though. It was refreshing to see Grievous actually stand and fight for a change instead of just running away, which is what he'd done in every one of his appearances in the series prior to LoG.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lair of Grievous is a genius episode! In Lair of Grievous he was still really threatining. He did not even go down that easy.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree. Disney's animation as a whole is pretty poor IMO. Then again, I think most of CN's stuff is pretty crappy compared to TCW as well.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Too true!

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Your posts are quite refreshing; thank you for your polite and constructive commentary, as well.

Also, you are a lucky fan, considering you are joining the show later: for a few years, many of us had to watch the show without chronological order! Perhaps the show's current presentation will give you a different perspective. For instance...
    Could you tell that Supply Lines was a S03 episode? I wondered if you noticed a change in production quality, or if it flowed with the rest of the episodes. And one more question: as a fan of Jar Jar, what did you think of BJ Hughes?

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It has me considering a rewatch in chronological order. I tend to get the best insights from watching the subplots in TCW as one big arc. Thats how I was trying to recommend watching to Zeta. Maybe I should watch long subplot arcs in order.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm not sure that watching in chronological order really gives any kind of advantage.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I won't know without trying it. =b

10. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I didn't notice any differences in terms of quality between Supply Lines and the stuff that was produced earlier. I also didn't notice any differences in voice and performance when it comes to Jar Jar in either Supply Lines or Bombad Jedi, and had to look up who BJ Hughes was when you mentioned his name, so kudos to him for nearly flawlessly approximating Ahmed Best's performances as the character.

Regarding chronological order vs. airdate order, I'm of the mind that if you can experience something in the exact sequential/chronological order in which it occurs, you really ought to. To each their own, though. :)

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I did that over the summer, everything makes more sense when it's not split over multiple weeks, let alone seasons. Arcs like Onderon would probably benefit the most from this.

12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I miss the old days, when we had double-features. Onderon's first two episodes on the same night morning would have eased my patience.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    An hour long block of TCW would be nice. Really they should just do one of these arcs as a for TV movie.

14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I wish they did a TV movie with Young Jedi.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Leaving it as a movie and just airing it I guess would have been two hard. I guess CN is to busy airing... whatever they air on Sunday nights before A.S.

16. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahh screw CN. They're the reason I have to get up early on my day off. :p

Even just hour long episodes would be an improvement over what we get now for four part arcs. By the time we get to the last episode, I don't remember what the first one was about.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I keep all the parts and watch them all together at the end. =b

Granted it didn't do much for the Onderon arc. The Onderon arc is kinda worse watching it all together not to mention the more I watch it the more I dislike it.

18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't watched the Onderon arc all at once yet. Maybe I should wait for the Blu Ray so the CGI will distract me from the crappy story..

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Sure hope the writers are lurking, cuz that one stings.;)

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I have ADD, I don't have a 4 week memory span. :p

Going back and watching Seasons 1-4 in chronological order in between new episodes probably doesn't help much though...

21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I have the same problem! Its not an arc that I wish to watch again soon. But I'll replay Tipping Points for Hondo. Honestly, did you hope Lux and Ahsoka would have a bigger pay-off, romantically, at the end? I sure did.

Seerow likes this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

MOST AMAZING CLIP EVER! THE CIS LOOKS AWESOME! GRIEVOUS LOOKS AWESOME!

NEEERRDDDGASSSMMMM!!!!

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Saturday cannot come here fast enough.

Seerow likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know why but I think this arc may become my four least favorite episodes after all. I'm normally good at just shifting down in 8 year old mode with my lame filter on if nothing else but nothing works for the Onderon arc. I hate to admit it but its quite possible someone among us destroyed this arc for me when I watch it with him. I honestly was not looking for romantic payoff though. I like Lux and tend to think he deserves better than Ahsoka, lol. I kinda think Lux is going to be put on a bus now.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Doesn't look like Obi-wan's rescue attempted is going well. Geez, they get more and more brutal with the clones. That sound effect. x.x; I kind would like to see the blood and guts though.

I'd day this if TCW wasn't the only thing I was looking forward to on Saturday. I can't wait to have weekends off.

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    [face_hypnotized]

Grievous's shuttle is awfully smokey inside, what was he smoking in there?