main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Which Browser Is Best?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dark_Lady_Swan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So how many hours until there's a zero day exploit discovered in the code? 48? :p

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Do people bother with those for release candidates? I usually thought people prefer playing with final versions.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I use IE9, I hope to get IE10 soon.
    Quite a turnaround in what was the least favoured of the Big 5 browsers not long ago, it's up there with Chrome these days.

Also, with regards to speed, isn't that down to how good your internet connection is? Browsers give you access to the internet but however good they are they'll be slow as **** if you have crappy connection.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I feel like with connections these days, rendering speed (lots of complex code out there now) is probably more important than connection speed.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Really depends on the pipes, but for the most part, yeah.

Good point. 96. :p

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Firefox all the way

7. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Is there a 64 bit version of Firefox that supports flash yet?

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    All the computers in my building are going exclusively to Firefox as Internet Explorer will no longer be supported by our system (I learned this after asking permission for either myself or the tech facilitator to upgrade all the browsers, as they are still running IE from two versions ago). And of course as things go, I got a notice on one of the computers today that Firefox needs an upgrade. We use flash so I'm taking a guess that the new version supports it, although I don't know to what level.

I run Chrome on my home PC.

9. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    That'll probably be the 32 bit version on 64 bit windows. If you open up task manager there'll either be a 32 or a 64 next to the firefox.exe.

10. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  12. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Firefox.

Tried Chrome, but it increased the problems I get every so often with my Intel wireless card throwing hissy fits. Firefox just seems to take it in its stride and muscle through it.