main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Alderaanian Ascendancy through the ages (Free of buglove since...)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cronal, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    First son for the Navy, Second for the Army, Third for the Clergy - the way it was said to work in Napoleonic era England!

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  2. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Ordinary infant having a tantrum = bedlam. Force-wielding infant having a tantrum = tear-apart-the-house time! I expect that parents/families were often quite relieved that they and their other children would not risk walking into a toy tornado powered by the Force!

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  3. Tinwe

Tinwe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I'm not opposed to the idea of Jedi taking care of the Force-sensitive children, just the way it was worded in Nomar's codex entry. "Given as a gift" made it sound like he was a thing to be given away on a whim and not an actual person. (Which he in reality isn't, of course, but let's not go there. ;)) And how was that his uncle's decision anyway? Dunno, maybe something happened to Nomar's parents and his uncle acted as the boy's guardian... But enough of speculation about Nomar and more discussion about the Organa family tree, if you please. :D (Or anything Alderaan related really, we wouldn't want the thread to wither away, would we?)

4. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Moss Paintings?

5. Tinwe

Tinwe Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    So little is known about them that there isn't much to discuss... But heck, since when has that stopped us? :p

6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    We do know a bit about Killik Twilight, though.... ;)

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    you know, there are real life moss paintings on earth... but I can't twist my mind around how big it must be to show detail like Killiks and background stuff without overgrowing it all with time :p especially with lots of different moss sorts used... in different colors.

maybe if kept in a stasis frame it does not grow any further..

I wonder if Winter can mosspaint like her dad did...

also why is there no wookieepedia page on Alderaanian moss, it needs its own page separate from moss paintings!
    oh... there is. wookieepedia does never cease to amaze me. now lets see if they got an article about...

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Jedi Academy trilogy it seems like Jacen and Jaina's ability to use the force at that age is unusual.

Owen & Beru managed to raise Luke, Bail & Breha managed to raise Leia- and there's no hint in the EU that either of them did Force-powered tantrums.

9. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    There is a passage somewhere (possibly Essential Guide to the Force) that implies that raising Force-gifted children was a difficult task. Of course, that could have been a ploy by the Jedi (if they would stoop to using such measures) to get the parents' agreement to the children going to the Temple.

Looking at Plagueis' and Sidious' childhood actions, the Jedi could have a point!