main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favourite Arcs

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    What are ur guys favourite Arcs from TCW ( too many for a poll )

Mine would be the Umbara Arc

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  2. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Is an arc defined as any storyline with more than one episode or does it have to be three or more? I ask because there have been a few doubles that I like too such as Padawan Lost and Wookiee Rescue.

Shame there's no poll. I would have been interested where the Blue Shadow Virus episodes rank.

Slaves of the Republic is top of my list for three or more episodes. I really like the Landing at Point Rain series and Holocron Heist episodes. Next would be Umbara and Nighsisters. Then Clone Cadets if we can include Rookies in that last.

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    No particular order,

Umbara
    Malevolence
    Gunray
    Geonosis
    Mon Calamari (To a degree, I just don't like the Prince and the lack of Tikkes.)

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would go with:

Malevolence arc
    Nute Gunray arc
    Ryloth arc
    Geonosis arc
    Citadel arc
    Ventress/Maul finale arc

PS:
    The lack of Tikkes in the Mon Calamari arc is a huge issue for me and keeps the arc from being one of my top favorite arcs.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Oh man I forgot Ryloth. and the Citadel too.

We need more Wat Tambor and Mar Tuuk!:D

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    We do. Hopefully Mar Tuuk is going to be on Cato Neimoidia in S5. And Wat Tambor is going to be shown getting freed.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    1. The Umbara Arc.
    2. The Hardeen Arc.
    3. The Ryloth arc
    4. The Zygerria Arc.
    5. The Geonosis Arc.
    6. The Malevolence arc.

Hopes are that the upcoming Shadow Conspiracy Arc will total them all as my favorite arc.

8. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I would like to see a prequel episode with him getting freed, or for him to make an appearance again out of jail so it would make it clear that he was freed. It would be too far in the TCW timeline for my liking for him to get freed unless it happens in a prequel episode.

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The Nightsister's Arc was the best, in my mind

Nightsisters: Big space battle, Jedi vs. Sith, Force choke, Dooku vs, Nightsisters.
    Monster: Weak point of the arc, but built Savage into an actual character.
    Witches of the Mist: Displays Savage as a mighty Sith apprentice, the end of a pre-established character in Katuunko, and the unprecedented action of a three-for-all in Dooku vs. Savage vs. Ventress.

This arc gave a lot of screentime to Dooku and Ventress and introduced one of my favorite characters.

Savage Opress.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    1. Umbara - An arc of darkness about what it means to be a clone and learning to think for self. This arc picks up with Rex where "The Deserter" left the guy and puts those lessons about what it means to be an individual and even a good soldier into practice by breaking him from his stricked personal code of honor. It takes four episodes and a river of mud and blood to get there but on the otherside the betrayal of Krell has made him a changed man who doesn't know exactly what be believes anymore and can no longer see his future.

2. Rako Hardeen - This arc is brilliant and is objectively probably better than the Umbara arc is. This arc is one big Xanatos gambit by Palpatine to put Anakin and Dooku into a duel he can see up close. We follow Obi-wan disguised as the bounty hunter wo fake killed him on a fantastic adventure with Morallo Eval who has some screws loose in a good way and the always cool Cad Bane but that's just part of what going on. As the story progresses and Anakin wises up to whats going on he gains distrust for te council and is even hurt by Obi-wan in the process. This arc took the biggest step so far toward ROTS and broke the mold the farthest from the standard circular monster of the day type stuff TCW usually does.

3. Slaves of the Republic - The third arc I really loved from season 4. This one started slow but evolved into a deep and complex story that took on the role of the Jedi within the Galaxy comparing them to the poor slaves the Zygerrians were capturing. Miraj was easily the most complex villain TCW has used with plenthy shades of gray. I like how despite who messed up her beliefs are the arc still made her sympathetic as it stuck by them. This arc also has one of the best finales of any of the arcs.

4. Nightsisters - Dooku orders Ventress kill and fails. Ventress flied home to mom and things get interesting. There is this cool mist fight. This is one of the few arcs in TCW with actual flashback which helped give needed sympathy to Ventress. The creation trials to pick the guy and then the creation of Savage Oppress is one of the series more tragic moments. Dooku then continued to unknowingly create the monster.

I gotta be honest the problem with arcs in TCW for me is with many of them one part of it tends to stand out and I'll often skip to the part I like the best. TCW does not usually require one to watch an entire arc to know whats going on. The arcs I listed from seasons 3 and mostly season 4 are the exceptions where I like to watch all the parts together.

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I see you love Season Four a lot.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yep. I like Ryloth, Geonosis, the season 2 Mando arc, the season 2 opening, etc. At I said, thing is I tend to only watch one episode from them most of the time. I think the best benchmark for my favorite arcs is the ones I want to watch the entire way through rather than cherry pick episodes from.

13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011

I echo this, though I'd put S2 Mandalore at #3 or #4 and S1 Ryloth at #4 or #5.

Oh, and the Rookies/Clone Cadets/ARC Troopers arc has to be one of the show's very best. Dunno where I'd put it, but "high" is a good rank.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    QuangoFett,

Those are just more arcs I cherry pick from sadly. I only usually watch the last two of the season 2 Mandalore Arc, with Ryloth its usually just Innocence. I might watch the Domino Squad arc (?) together in one sitting but don't think I've ever done with on purpose except to view what I call the "Rex Subplot" in one big arc. I just can't list arcs where I do that sort of thing. Really with my favorite episode "The Deserter" I often forget it forms a two parter with "Grievous Intrigue".

Lol. I know certain someone who is going to be pissed at me for not listing Mortis after all the work he has done to try and open my eyes to that arc.

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    1. Umbaran arc
    2. Geonosis arc
    3. Nightsisters arc
    4. Rako Hardeen arc
    5. Mon Calamari arc

Notables that didn't make it to my list include the Onderon arc, the Mortis arc, the S2 Mandalorian arc, and the Holocron arc.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Season 3 has been the best at ARCS so far (TO ME)

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO It is Season One - Malevolence, Ryloth and Gunray arc. Real genius compared to the lack of vision from Season 4.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    All three episodes of the Young Jedi arc that have been shown so far were pretty good. Even if the last episode of the arc turns out to be a whopper, it could still make it to my top five Clone Wars arcs list.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Young Jedi arc started slow IMO but its off and running now. If the final one doesn't get killed by being rushed (I'm afraid of this) it'll turn out great although it won't be topping any of my top four.

20. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    The best arcs by far were in Season 1
    Nute Gunray arc
    Ryloth arc
    Geonosis arc
    Citadel arc

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Totally agreed! Great arcs, great season...

GeneralCIS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.