main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Episode VII Release Date

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Gobi-1, Oct 31, 2012.

?

When do you think Episode VII will come out?

1. May of 2015.

65.2%
  2. Another month during summer 2015.

12.1%
  3. Thanksgiving 2015.

2.3%
  4. Christmas 2015

6.1%
  5. Will be delayed until 2016.

14.4%
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Better to have two of your own tent poles than let someone else in the game.

3+ weeks is plenty.

2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    As long as it's in late May, I'm happy.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    May 22 sounds like the most likely. They could always movie Avengers. Star Wars started the whole may summer thing. They will stay with may.

4. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    And the thirty five year anniversary of Empire Strikes Back

5. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    I really hope that Disney will release episode 7 sometime in may 2015.

6. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    I'm almost positive Episode VII will be out in May, but they have a lot to do to make it in time.

7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    They have a lot to do sure... but they are on the exact same track right now as they were for AotC and RotS. Those scripts weren't completed until the spring the following year after the previous film release. ie TPM came out in '99, the AotC script wasn't finalized until spring of '00 and filming started that summer.

The script for E:VII will likely be completed in a few months and filming will begin next summer. Same proven schedule, no worries.

8. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  9. GeneralCeel

GeneralCeel Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 4, 2005
  10. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Definately May, but I fear it'll be May 2016.

11. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    If the Avengers and Star Wars are now both Disney franchises, they do not compete with each other in terms of profit at the box office, it's like buying two different products from the same shop at the same price .. The owner earns or loses only by the amount of money with which he made in the product (which I bet will be pretty similiar for those 2 films) .. My bet is that it will be released May 21st, 2015.

Glad to be back here too! I didn't write here for like 7 years hahahaha.

12. CConn

CConn Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    I don't think they can do it in My due to the Avengers. MAYBE, possibly at the very end of May, with Avengers at the very beginning. But still, spacing both films out as much as possible is the best idea, I think. Plus Justicr League will probably be coming out sometime in July.

13. chicago103

chicago103 Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Hey I was just on the IMDB page for Episode VII and it now lists the release date as July 17, 2015. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/
    However a google search I just did (Star Wars Episode VII July 17, 2015) produced no other source to confirm this, all that came up was the IMDB page and A dvd page that had the same date but was probably just following the IMDB page.

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    They should try for May but they need to lock it down now .....however I would rather have it at Christmas 2015 than have to wait to May 2016 if there is a delay .

15. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    be with you

16. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm surprised so many people are useing "Avengers - May 1" as such strong evidence. In my opinion, Avengers moves and Star Wars takes priority.

I don't even think this is much of a debate...

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The Avengers 2 has had the 1st of May spot for ages. If you look at the box-office results of the past films, Marvel has had tremendous success releasing their films in the first week of May. I don't think that will change. Disney would never put two of their biggest money-earners up against each other. Star Wars will be released in July, more than likely. The May spot was when Fox decided to release them. It’s all going to change now.

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I want to take Avengers and push it somewhere else and let Star Wars shine in the month of May 2015.

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I vote for May but the tentaive date floating around is July 17th. Not sure how official that is though.

20. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I think we'll see Disney put the movie it expects to gross the most in May. If it thinks Star Wars is Academy Award eligible it will be late in the year (I don't anticipate this). Personally I'd be surprised if Star Wars isn't May followed by Avengers in June or July.

21. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    That makes zero sense.

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Anvengers may have had that date for a while but SW is a priority, a game changer. IF Disney thinks they can get Ep 7 finished for May of 2015 then I think they will put it out then. Avengers can easily move. Besides, no matter hwo you slice it SW is going to dominate Summer 2015.

GGrievous likes this.
  23. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Star Wars has had this spot since 1977. I think they have earned it.

DarthBreezy, segask and Echo-07 like this.
  24. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I think it'll be out in May 2015, just for consistency's sake. Avengers is more likely to move, in my opinion. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if VII is moved to 2016.

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I know the May date is consistent, but why would they match it against any other summer blockbuster?

I wouldn't be shocked if it was moved to 2016, but I voted (surprising myself) for December 2015 - The Hobbit films will be done by then, there's no more Harry Potter, so if it's the sole Xmas blockbuster, it could make a killing.