main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Rose just keeps coming back, doesn't she? :p

2. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Let's not start that again.:p

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yes, no more R-word, kthxbye.

4. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    R-word should throw herself into the crack.

DO IT MOFFAT

BRING BACK THE CRACK

THROW ROSE IN

PROFIT IMMENSELY

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  5. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    First still from the Christmas Special!
    [​IMG]

6. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    That coat. That costume. [face_love]

MrZAP, Ulicus and Mar17swgirl like this.
  7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh yeah, baby. [face_love] Time Lord. TIME. LORD. :cool:

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Prequel to and preview of the Christmas special on Friday, too. Desperately exciting. :D

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Is it Christmas yet?=P~

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I hope they finally reveal the new companion's name. :p

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Okay one thing I don't get about this Eight costume... why a bag? Can't he keep everything in his pockets? Ten once pulled a sword out of there :p

*heads to convention*

12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    But what about The Hobbit?! Priorities!:p

Then again I suppose we could say our avatars show where our loyalties truly lie.

Random Comments likes this.
  13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm choosing to believe that Ten's pockets can only really hold so much, whereas Eight's satchel has a great deal more room for all his bits and bobs.

Which is why Ten keeps Eight's satchel in his pockets. :D

14. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Everyone knows that the satchel isn't to bring things with him, but for what he finds along the way.

No one is going to get that so I'm just going to explain that this is a reference to the pilot episode of MacGyver.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Exactly. :) :p

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    My loyalty is to Void Stuff glasses, yes.

MrZAP, Juliet316 and Random Comments like this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Man, I don't know why I didn't try to check on Gallifrey One tickets earlier. I wasn't sure when they'd go up. Evidently that started in September and they're sold out now... whoops. I do know one of the Torchwood writers who will be on a panel there, but I probably shouldn't abuse my power and ask for tickets... probably :p

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Looking at the TARDIS in the background of that Christmas Special picture, it looks like her exterior has seen better days. Makes me wonder what happened between the Christmas Special and the second half of S7 to get her back in tip top shape.

Mini Choclate Dalek cake recipe

Tennant Video on Matt and the 50th.(haven't had a chance to look at it myself yet, so I don't know if it's spoilery or not. Click at your own risk)

SJA and Moff big winners at Writer's Guild of Great Britian awards.

Sonic Screwdriver recipe

Alex Kingston reads The Angels Kiss

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    No spoilers. It's a bit sad to see Tennant doing a forgettable a Christmas film like this, to be honest. Those other Brit actors we would put him on a par with - Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman - they're going from strength to strength, from awesome production to awesome production. Tennant's selling himself to the undemanding Christmas movie audience. :( I can't see Matt Smith taking this route when he steps away from The Doctor. I dunno, maybe Tennant will come back to the stage in the near future. That would suit me. [face_praying]

20. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    And mine is with Christopher Lee.:p

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Perhaps if we all wish upon a star Sir Lee will put in a guest appearance on Doctor Who_O:)

22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    You know what would've been great? Sir Christopher Lee as the voice of 'House' in "The Doctor's Wife". Michael Sheen did a great job, but Lee... even better I think.

23. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Plus, we'd have Christopher Lee in Doctor Who.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    On the one hand, I know what you mean because I would love for David to be a huge superstar who could do whatever films and shows he wanted. I mean, I loved Fright Night and really wish it had done better for his sake in Hollywood. At the same time, it's not as though he's done nothing. He's done quite a lot of television, and you know, as a TV person myself I sort of hate when that's counted as not as real or important as film. Especially when so much of TV is great and so much of film is crap. Personally I'm looking forward to Spies of Warsaw. And it's only been a year since he did theatre, that's not really that long.

Also, the exposure those other actors got in America was much greater. Sherlock and current Who are well promoted in the US. But you never saw David on the cover of EW. Sadly, he bore the burden of making the show great, but not quite reaping the widespread attention for it. By the time people started really paying attention in the US (where the film power is), Matt was the face of the show.

Still, David's been in a lot of stuff since Who that I've liked. Of course I wish every casting director in the business knew him and wanted to put him in their films. But who's to say that would be better. And I also really like what Noah Wyle had to say about life after starring in a popular TV show when he left ER after 11 years... people kept saying did he think he was ever going to get to do another big role after this, and he said that most actors never even get to do a fraction of the things he was able to do as an actor on that show, so even if he never did anything again he'd consider himself more fortunate than most. Casting is fickle. All actors can do is do what they love and enjoy themselves. And all fans can do is cross their fingers and pray someone puts David in something where he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Idrelle_Miocovani and Everton like this.
  25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Good response. :cool: Can't argue with any of it. Things have lined up better for the Baker Street boys (and will for Smith), and Tennant has done a lot of good TV. Although still nothing as significant as Sherlock.

And all fans can do is cross their fingers and pray someone puts David in something where he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Yeah. I just wish this fantastic actor would get a post-Doctor gig that would let him soar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.