main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Clues in Episode 3 for Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by droconnel22, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Don't know why that is in bold type - don't have that option on my phone.

2. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I think Lucas covered this in the previous movies though.

Yoda's concern about the prophecy was that while it might be true, it didn't tell them everything.

It was a portent of things to come - Anakin does restore balance by destroying the Sith, but he destroyed an awful lot of other things in the process.

3. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Just some random thoughts:

Obi Wan and Yoda vanished(they trained with Qui Gon's "exercises". Anakin didn't, yet he became a Force Ghost.

Plagueis return may be explained by having a 100 year "cooldown" before he can take on form again;)

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

Well it could be argued that he did vanish but we didn't see it happen and we do only see Vader's armour on the pyre.

5. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Remember too that Obi-Wan told Luke that is faced Vader in ESB, Luke would be on his own and Obi-Wan couldn't interferre.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have my doubts about the ST keeping that part of the EU.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Maul: Resurrection, from Star Wars Tales, has Vader facing Maul. Was written long before TCW brought him back. It's left unclear whether it's the real Maul or a "doppleganger" or a brainwashed clone, or something else. When Vader asks Palpatine about it, Palpatine says simply:

"There are ways in which those who are no more can live again."

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  8. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    you guys will find out that you are all wrong. no one will be coming back - that story was told.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  9. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    yoda is plageuis .. didn't actually die .. just used mind tricks to fool luke .. sideous was actually good and trying save the universe from the evil and powerful jedi .. who all thought they were on the side of good .. but were actually controlled by yoda .. i would love to see an evil yoda as long as its not animated garbage ..

ep 7 could start with the skywalkers and other ep 6 heroes getting wiped out by a mysterious creature (psst its yoda) .. sideous is afraid of yoda which is why he does such crazy evil stuff that makes him look bad .. but really he was yoda apprentice turned good .. yoda is master of the art of deception .. looking like a good guy while manipulating sideous and the jedi to wipe each other out

skywalker solo kids have to team up with bounty hunters to hunt down yoda

10. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    seriously -- i'd say the successful guess rate prior to the PT bordered around .001%

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  11. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    yoda created anakin to kill sideous after sideous turned good

12. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Star Wars Episode VII - Resurrection

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, they can't be expected to talk about something they don't know about.

14. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Swell. Immortality. Because Lucas didn't make the Jedi waaaaaaay too powerful in the PT as it was. Why use light sabers? I can see it now: Luke walking down a hallway singing "da da da Abracadabra!" & the resurrected Palpatine dies. Then Palpatine's Force Ghost says, "Hocus Pocus!" And poof! he's back. And so on.

The suspense is palpable.....

15. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    That high?? ;)

16. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    ...of the Jedi

17. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Ghost-starring....

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think it's safe to say, that Anakin did not receive the training prescribed from Yoda to Obi-Wan to learn the technique, and the fact that it was innovated in the first place by Qui-Gon, who also hadn't refined it to the point where his body disappeared... that Anakin's body did not disappear.

19. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes. I love clues. It helps connect the films. Agreed. Conversations are better understood later on.

I have read the Plagueis book, & I would rather that he not come back because I believe that Sideous was superior to him. Vader was able to appear as ghost at the end of the Return of the Jedi, but am not sure who taught him that. Personally, I would love to see the plot reveal that Yoda was evil, but many fans would scream.

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    You want Yoda to be evil.
    \
    you just have bad taste.

thesevegetables likes this.
  21. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    You're a madman. Yoda is the Jedi-ist of Jedi, and you want him evil? And also, alive? By the way, Obi-Wan taught Anakin how to return as a Force-Ghost in the nether-realm of the Force, just before Anakin passed on fully.

22. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    I love Yoda, but I also love the art of plot twists. I want the crowd to go , "HUHHHHHH???"

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The more I think about Palpatine's story concerning Darth Plagueis and him cheating death, the more I think he was telling the truth. I'm starting to like the Dark Empire's idea about him transferring his spirit from clone to clone more than ever, now.

If the Jedi have the ability to Force Ghost, then I guess it's only fair to say the Sith have at least a limited way of doing somewhat the same, which is dependent upon cloned copies of the original host.

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Yet, a ghost he became, nonetheless.

25. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Kenobi taught Anakin about the force ghost after Anakin died? So, Anakin was able to learn it in a few seconds before Death could take him down the dark tunnel? But it took Quin Gon, Yoda, & Kenobi years to learn it, & Anakin gets to learn the force ghost technique in only a few seconds & after he died?

Because why didn't Quin Gon teach all the dying jedi in the Revenge of the Sith the force-ghost, if Kenobi was able to teach Anakin after Anakin died? Because Anakin was the chosen one & was able to learn it faster than the dying jedi in Ep.III, & because Quin Gon couldn't do too much because Sideous had some kind of evil force bubble that prevented him from teaching the dying jedi about force ghost abilities?