main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What Actor Should Play A Young Male Skywalker Jedi ? (Images)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Well based on the input of this thread http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-young-female-skywalker-jedi-images.50005962/ I decided it would only be fair to do the same for the male talent out there. I know it won't get as many posts or views, but I am sure the female posters at TFN will have something they would like to see in Ep7

Cam Gigandet, looks like he could pull off Anakin Skywalkers grandson.

[​IMG]
    Chace Crawford
    [​IMG]
    Taylor Kitsch
    [​IMG]

I am just throwing some faces out there...please pick your favorite.

2. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    If someone wants chaz bono which thread does that pic go male or female?:p

3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Someone who can act, and fits the role. Whether the ladies (or guys who swing that way) swoon for him is inconsequential to the story.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I was just going to say the same thing. Godly looks may be a bonus, for sure, but my priority is to see that the young male Skywalker lead is gifted with excellent acting skills, rather than gifted with good genes.

All that said, there is one absolute about the look of the "Ben Skywalker" type character which takes precedence even over his acting chops and that is this:

Skywalkers are not gingers!

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    What's wrong with the idea of his hair being midway between Luke's blond/brown and Mara's red?

Rupert Grint might fit.

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Genetics... Red hair tends to be a highly recessive gene. Ben might have a red tint or auburn but he's not going to be a full blown Ginger.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Star Wars Universe might have slightly different system for recessives & dominants.

8. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Must be the midichlorians.

thesevegetables likes this.
  9. CoraxRD

CoraxRD Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    Leo Howard as Ben Skywalker. He definitely has the martial arts training to handle the fight scenes.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah someone who can act and has some martial arts training is what I want. Taylor Kitsch cannot act, he has never been good in anything outside of Friday Night Lights. Not to mention I don't think Disney is going to forget how big of a flop John Carter was.

11. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

Ewwww...don't get Harry Potter in my Star Wars. :p

12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

Sebastian Stan (Bucky in Captain America) always struck me as very Hamill-esque in appearance. In some pics, he's a downright doppleganger of ROTJ era Mark.

13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    This isn't going to be as much fun as the female thread.:p

ThatWanFromStewjon and Echo-07 like this.
  14. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I beg to differ! This thread is SO MUCH better than the female one!

The good Doctor. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't be one of the kids (David Tennant is 41 and a 6'1", skinny Scot), but I would absolutely love to see him (preferably not as a lightsaber droid, but I would even take that) as a either someone who joins with the heroes or is even a villain (David played Barty Crouch, Jr. in Harry Potter, after all--crazy-eyed lunatic is definitely in his acting repertoire just as much as romantic, dramatic lead is). And the fact that he's already taken baby steps into SW (he's a big sci-fi nerd) and George Lucas was impressed with him, I'd love to see him tapped for the franchise (it would also make a lot of fangirls happy, while also bringing in a very experienced actor who can support a franchise, but isn't outrageously famous on this side of the Atlantic).

The interesting bit about character potential for someone who is about his age is that his character would have been around during the Empire/Rebellion era--that has story potential. I also feel like the new cast probably shouldn't be entirely populated by 20-something actors. You don't want to leave the future of the franchise completely in the hands of what might end up feeling like young, second-rate interlopers (see how Shia fared in Indy IV--they've got to be SO careful about casting those kids). Someone who already has a bit of credibility or feels like an old pro already would help (see Harrison, Liam and Ewan).

Doctor Who's British thespians have a long history of being mined for bit parts (Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowse, Julian Glover, Michael Sheard, Leslie Schofield, Garrick Hagon, Peter Cushing, etc...--the list is actually getting quite long).

15. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Liam Hemsworth

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Speak for yourself.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Josh Holloway=Corran Horn
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Matthew Fox=Jag Fel
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Jorge Garcia=Cool Alien Character
    [​IMG]
    Dominic Monahan=Bounty Hunter/Anti Hero
    [​IMG]
    Kevin Durand=Threshold Villain or Wookiee
    [​IMG]
    Jim Parson=Nerdy Jedi
    [​IMG]
    Henry Ian Cusick=Rogue Squadron Pilot
    [​IMG]
    Peter Dinkage= Lannick Jedi

Other than that, I think we need to look at the ABC Family shows, Pretty Little Liars and ect... Young actors already in contracts with Disney, with huge female followers, would attract a new demographic

Jedi_Lover and Echo-07 like this.
  19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Disney isn't going anywhere near Taylor Kitsch ever again

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Rupert Grint?

RUPERT GRINT!?!

This fella is exactly the guy what I've I been dreading seeing every time I picture a Ben Skywalker appearance in the ST.

Oh, and that's not half-way. That's full-blooded ginger and Skywalkers are not gingers!

Aaahhhhhh!

I'm going to run off to a cave in Tibet and weep silently, repenting of my sins until the whole "Ben Skywalker should have red hair because o' his mama" contingent see the error of their ways.

;) Smiley face for the benefit of those who don't get it.

But seriously.

No gingers.

kataja likes this.
  21. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Poor dude. He really thought that 2012 was going to be his year. Then Channing Tatum showed up and stole it back!

22. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    What's a ginger?

LawJedi likes this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I like the idea of someone already familiar with physical acting / martial arts training, it's not necessarily a must. I don't think that Ewan McGregor or Liam Neeson had prior martial arts training, but they came off well. On the other hand, look at Ray Park; he certainly put it to good use.

The problem with the choice of Leo Howard, to me, is that Howard is fifteen years old (16-17 during shooting, then) and a son of a 60 year old Luke Skywalker might be better served being in his 20s or 30s, I would think. Not that it couldn't work, mind you, but someone that young wouldn't be my first choice.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, who's got a link to the South Park Learning Annex, 'cause it would take me forever to figure it out.

What I can tell you is they are the thing nightmares are made of and you don't want your Skywalkers getting involved in any way.

Boxster likes this.
  25. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I think James McAvoy would make a good lead male jedi.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.