main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Celebration Europe II July 26th-28th 2013, Essen, Germany

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Sep 4, 2012.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Where are you from then? I'm from Germany as well. And have found our German FanForce already? It's a really slow board, but you should take a look, especially, if you like to meet other German fans. :)

And maybe... you just join us at the FF Party (that's not so much time consuming and not so expensive)? :)

2. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    I live in Aschaffenburg at the moment. Where are you from? Uh, no, I haven't found the German FanForce yet. I only managed to take a quick look around after work everyday, but I'll use the weekend to explore more. This board is huge compared to every other one I'm a member of.

Is the party at the end of CEII? The problem will still be getting a day off and buying a train ticket. ;) But I'd love to meet other fans, and one day I will. :) Good things come to those who wait, and all that. ;)

A funny thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I met a fellow fan at the bus station. I was reading one of the "LOTF" novels and she approached me. We talked for a while, but I forgot to ask for her name. :(

3. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm living nearby Cologne. So Aschaffenburg is a bit far away, but who knows? Maybe we'll meet at the CEII or the party. I don't know when there's a party, but it was suggested and if there's one then it's usually outside of the CE so one doesn't need a ticket for that day at all. :)

Johanna, how big is the interest in having a FF Party currently? I'm hoping and I am convinced that there'll be one. :)

Immertreu, if you have a bit time, then you're welcome to follow the link in my last post (German FanForce = GSFF = German Speaking FanForce). As I said, it's a calm board, but that shouldn't stop you from saying "hi" - best place would be the "Homebase", which is the one or second one at the top of the listed threads. :)

That's really a nice little story. Sad that you can't meet / talk again.

4. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Maybe we will meet. It's still months away, so who knows. :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll definitely check out the GSFF when I have the time. :D

5. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    This is too close to the Netherlands to be missed. Looks like after all these years, I'm going to see some real JCCers :D

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Sorry that I've missed to answer your post Skiara but simple question about a party, and a FF/JC table is that in order to have one you need volunteers to organise it. For the CVI party there was a crew of around 10 people involved, and we got exhausted working both the party and the table. So far I've heard from one person except for myself who's interested in organizing things, so at the moment I would say it would be impossible to organize a party. It's been a great fun organizing the FF/JC activites at CV and CVI and I hope that we will be able to have some things going at CEII as well but as of now a party isn't one of them.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's sad and I'm sorry that I can't help either. But instead of a real party, what about simply organising a meeting point like "that bar/cafe at that time we'll meet and make the best out of it". That could be fun as well and wasn't that the way the "party" at the Jedi-Con was done? :)

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I assume Disney buying Lucasfilm has not stopped this event going ahead.

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd love to come, but as with the CVI, summer fieldwork might be an issue... [face_worried]

I hope so. If anything, this will provide an attendance boost, I imagine. It's also likely that they will fix another 'official' Celebration closer to the release date of the first nw film...

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I agree with that. I don't think these new events will change anything for CEII, only giving us a chance to maybe get some early news about the new film.

11. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    As an Englander I'll try to get across, enjoyed it the first time round. Met some great people, fun times etc

12. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    As a fellow Englander i cant wait to get cracking with my arrangements are you going to fly or are you going to get the train ?:)

13. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Woohoo. Hello, you got another Englandish right here folks. Flying to CEII can't wait!!!

14. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Roll on July!! I wonder when tickets will go on sale and if there are any VIP packages i am going to be the first to grab one!!! Also i hope there are a good selection of hotels.

15. THE PortmanLuvva

Oct 26, 2012
    im staying at hotel palla which is around 3km away from the show. prob walk it but could get a bus!

16. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    I want to go, but don't want to go on my lonesome. If anyone from the south of uk is going ,I would love to tag along. This will be my first convention

17. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    i woould love to oblige!!!

18. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Wow! Thanks, I don't have a clue how to set this up. Youre help would be thankful

19. quigonobi3

Mar 5, 2012
    Neil its a shame that you are not female otherwise i would have had you as my roomate!! But keep in touch and we will arrange to meet up at CEII

THE PortmanLuvva likes this.
  20. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I'll definitely go. I had a great time at CE in '07 and am looking forward to this second one. I live in the east of Holland, near the German border. Essen is only 135km. away so it's easy to cover the distance by car. Thinking of attending all three days, in which case I'll probably look for a place to stay.

21. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    Anyone get an idea of which month the tickets will go on sale?

22. THE PortmanLuvva

Oct 26, 2012
    Possibly early next year, january, february time.

23. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Well, I know I'm going there! I only need too get those tickets! :)

Hopefully it won't be too long until we learn more early next year sounds quite possible indeed.

24. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    I will definitely go. I was at Celebration VI, and absolutely loved it. I live in Brussels at the moment, so it's very doable. The main question is whether I should get some kind of costume or not. At CVI I was in civilian clothing (= jeans and star wars t-shirts), but I really enjoyed watching all the amazing costumes that many fans wore, so maybe I should contribute this time around...

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Since I'm a costumer I can only say go for it, it's so much fun running around in costume.