main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fox Fanfare replacement idea/suggestion

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CaptainHamYoyo, Nov 15, 2012.

1. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Since we lose the Fox Fanfare opening, how about the Disney opening, but instead of the Castle, they put the Jedi Temple in its place, with the first part of the Force/Binary Sunset theme.

Then as the Binary Sunset reaches the high point, the Lucasfilm logo comes onto the screen.

2. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I like your suggestion, CaptainHamYoyo!
    Combines the PT's iconic Jedi Temple with one of the OT's most iconic shots.

As for the music, I would probably prefer something that sounds more like Yoda's Theme or the Force Theme.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  3. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes. Love the idea. Jedi temple replacing the Disney castle. But then have temple set on fire.

4. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks BillyDee!

BTW, the music for Binary Sunset is the Force/Ben's Theme. I just figured the version played during Binary Sunset has a more magical(Disney) feel to it.

5. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    That waould actually be pretty damn awesome.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I was thinking more of the ROTS interpretation of the Force Theme, heard during Obi Wan's departure from the Republic Cruiser on Coruscant. It is faster and more adventurous.

Padme501st likes this.
  7. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Just watched that part, and that sounds really good too(with the picture I have rolling in my head), hmmmm

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  8. DarthGaga

DarthGaga Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    I think losing the Fox Fanfare is one of the most under-rated negatives about Star Wars going to Disney. (By the way, I am 100% supportive of the acquisition, and think that Disney is a perfect fit.) I just think that fanfare is almost as part of Star Wars as the Williams score.

It's even a part of the ForceCast opening!

9. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Agreed, it's the perfect opener to the blast you're about to receive from the Main Title theme. It's going to be a hard thing to let go of, for the new movies.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Mickey Mouse with a lightsaber with Donald Duck talking like Jar Jar.

11. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    The THX 'theme' is pretty awesome. Crank it out really loud and I'd be excited.

12. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Have Lucasfilm comes up with their own logo fanfare. Make it with the intent of transitioning into star wars theme.

thesevegetables likes this.
  13. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Not a bad idea at all! TAKE NOTE LURKING PRODUCERS:cool::p

14. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Exactly. Been thinking this since the news dropped.

15. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Good idea OP. I have nothing to contribute, other than that I thought the fox fanfare WAS part of the Star Wars theme for years as a kid. Every time I hear it on a TV, I check to see if it's Star Wars, and I'm always disappointed when it isn't.
    It'll be a loss, but not one I'll mourn when I'm at the theater, ready for episode VII.

16. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
  17. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    I thought I was the only crazy person who snaps to attention at the fanfare theme! Whew=D=

18. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Maybe have John Williams whip a "LucasFilm" fanfare with a somewhat similar sound with drums and such.

19. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    A bit too cheesy for my taste...

That's like saying that the old 20th Century Logo should have been on top of the Jedi Temple...

Look, we don't need to shove every reference to Star Wars we can during the logo scene to remind the audience that they are going to watch a Star Wars movie, when literally after 10 seconds or so we get to the opening crawl.

There are a lot more ways to make the Disney logo look good, but in no way should it be a pointless fanservice. We got enough of that in the PT...

I sincerely hate moments like this in all movies, where the producers are like "Get it? See what we did here?"

The Disney logo should instead look professional, clean, with good, atmospheric music to get the audience's expectations up for the adventure ahead. Not fan-****.

Alderaan Luke likes this.
  20. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Someone made this the day of the announcement.

I'm not a fan. It's okay, but I'd like to see some more people make some attempts.

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Disney would try harder by having a ship fly by the castle or lightsabers somewhere just like they have mermaids in the river when mermaids are in the movie etc. If they used that Disney Castle opening, it will most likely have some Star Wars reference in it judging from their past work

22. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Look, it's really simple: the reason the Fox fanfare works is because it ends in the same key that the Main Title begins, so it makes for a perfect transition. All the composer (and I'll assume it's John WIlliams for the sake of discussion) would have to do is rescore the Disney theme specifically to end in that key. It would hardly be the first time that Disney has allowed changes to their opening for the right picture: Tron: Legacy was a perfect example. Yes, they could also redesign the logo itself, as was done with that film as well, but right now I'm talking about what the bare minimum that needs to be done would be in order to achieve a working result. Or, if all else fails, make it silent: I do think Disney goes well with Lucasfilm, but I don't think "When You Wish Upon a Star" meshes well with Star Wars music.

Darthsuggs and Alderaan Luke like this.
  23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Disney isn't going to have the same, traditional, opening logo for this movie. It won't the cheesy, fairy princess opening, it will be fancied up. That much is certain. Heck, you don't even see a Disney logo before the Marvel movies, there might not be one.

Jedi Merkurian , kevmp and Padme501st like this.
  24. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    You don't need the fanfare. Just start it with the Lucasfilm logo, then the "a long time ago" graphic, and blast right into the main them, yellow logo and opening crawl. People will be peeing themselves with excitement and the fanfare missing will be forgotten

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I know for me, what gets me excited is seeing "A long time ago" and hearing the opening note of the main theme blast into your ears :-D

Darthsuggs and Dranem like this.