main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Darth Vader coming back For Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by black_saber, Nov 14, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes, let's just let this thread die... there is no discussion to be had here.

thesevegetables and lord_eidolon like this.
  2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Can I ask what your favorite movies are?

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Vader himself can't come back. He reverted back to Anakin, and lightside users don't believe in hanging onto life past your appointed time. Somebody could use his armour, or a replica of it, I suppose, but I can only imagine that that would be a really, really bad marketing move...

4. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Matrix, Narnia, Batman, Power Rangers, Turtles, Peter Pan, Super Man, Star Trek, Austin Powers........

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Well that explained nothing to me.

[​IMG]

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Depends how much of the armour is left.

Don't remember where i read it, but i did hear somewhere that Luke just burned his armour as his body had already disappeared by the time of his funeral pyre. Don't really like that that much, TBH.

7. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Yup. Just the armour went up in smoke, as Anakin's impromptu teachings in the netherworld led to his body disappearing, much like Yoda's and Obi-Wan's.

8. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Was Luke the only one that was able to see the ghosts: Kenobi, Yoda, Anakin?

9. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    At that moment, yes. We do not see anyone else looking at them. Even in the EU Anakin did not appear to Leia until a few years after ROTJ.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Lucas contradicted that on the ROTJ commentary. We saw Anakin die and not disappear; now Lucas refers to Luke burning his father's body.

The Truce at Bakura takes place more or less right after ROTJ.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Really, he appeared in that to Leia?

*looks on shelf*

Don't think i have that book.

12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Someone call Disney and tell them Darth Vader is not the name of a costume, it is the name assigned to a person that was seduced by the dark side of the force and then redeemed by the force as shown in the final few seconds of ROTJ in the Ewok village.

Are they serious? If Darth Vader is to return, then they are referring to the idea of his costume returning which is utterly pointless since the only purpose of the costume was to allow Anakin to live from the traumatic duel in Revenge Of The Sith

13. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
  14. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Darth Vader body disappeared into a force ghost and Luke burned the suit.

15. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I get that everyone is saying that Vader couldnt come back that he is dead but think of it this way. You dont actually have to have Anakin be the one who is the 'new' Vader. Darth Vader was a tall masked guy clad in black armor and a cape. You could have some villan who is wanting to portray themselves as this fearful figure take up that appearance. Lets face it the Galaxy isnt going to forget about Vader any time soon. Now with how important he was in the Empire.

I would be disappointed if disney did something like that though. I dont need my image of Vader ruined

16. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    This might be my worst nightmare. Please don't let SW become a daytime soap opera.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Hello original plot of Dark Empire, long time no see.

18. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Don't laugh.

I bet Disney has looked at the original plot for Dark Empire for inspiration.

I mean, just how rediculous was it to have Anakin/Vader to have been the one that built C-3PO??

He could've built ANY other protocol droid - but no, future Vader built C-3PO. :rolleyes:

19. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    The point is that storylines/plotlines can change.

Look at your Blu-Ray set: It says "The Complete Saga".

Now that is no longer the case.

20. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    It is one thing to add to the plot, but some people here are suggestion an overhaul and elimination of key plot points that already exist. That has yet to be done, and I would be genuinely surprised if they started now.

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    This is about as credible as a rumor as the idea that Sidious was a clone, etc.

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    or luke being cloned!!

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Attack of the Clones II? All OT characters recycled on Kamino?

24. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Ep.3-6: the rebels survive the sting from the empire for the next thirty or so years. The Rebel Alliance survives.

Ep.6-7: the empire may survive the sting from the Rebel Alliance, because the rebels survived, so why can't the remnants of the evil empire survive for the next thirty years, too?

If the Rebel Alliance can survive for thirty or so years while the empire were hunted them down, then how much more could the empire avoid the sting from the Rebel Alliance that occurs after the Return of the Jedi?

Shouldn't the empire be bigger & stronger & more capable of surviving a sting from the smaller & more struggling Rebel Alliance? Plus, people are still scared of the Vader helmet, so people may dress up as Vader to scare people as a struggling empire would.

How long might it take to kill off the remnants of the evil empire after the Return of the Jedi?

25. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    [​IMG]