main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The costumes and ship kinda make me whanna play Spore.

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I watched HobS last night. No where did I see the implication [that was made in the Onderon arc] that Mina wanted to [re]join the Republic. She wanted the two factions to coexist peacefully, but otherwise seemed perfectly content to be a Separatist. They could have improved the Onderon arc greatly by having Dooku remove *Dendup and bring in *Rash after Mina's death, which would have respected Mina's decisions and opinions in HobS while giving a legitimate reason for rebellion against the CIS, especially in Lux's case.

*And come up with better names for the kings.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    They've should've had a flashback scene to show who really killed Mina.

I'm still thinking it was the Republic. Dooku never said that he did or didn't have her killed, just that he couldn't remember. (The Count is an elderly gentleman, he forgets things.)

As for the Republic spies, they probably lied.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I would think either Palpatine ordered the Republic troops to kill Mina like you said, or he told Dooku to do it. Either way, I'm almost positive the order came from Palpatine.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Yep, so either way the Republic did it.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Troopers killed both Lux's parents? Damn...

Well the most obvious explanation is that Mina Bonteri was a Rash/ C.I.S. supporter and helped removed the indecisive Dendup and was then appointed to senator for Onderon. Dooku kills her for almost helping create a peace treaty between the C.I.S. and Republic. Then after her death the people of Onderon grew suspicious of Rash or something and he started to opress them. Lux learned the full truth and believed the C.I.S. responsible for his mothers death.

This apparently is not info that Dooku did a good job hiding although I'm not sure this would be absolute public knowledge. I think my thinking bulb is burning out, lol. I tiny mention or flashback would have been swell.

7. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It was pretty well implied that the order came from Palpatine. I think do think Dooku did it, though I wouldn't be surprised if it really was the Republic troops and the cover story was Dooku had her assassinated.
    [​IMG]
    "Bonteri... Tell me, how was the dialog established?"

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    ^ Thank you for that pic... More Palpatine please! I love Amedda, too, the evil schemer. I'm positive Amedda has met Darth Sidious.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Either way far as anyone would know and far as Lux probably knows. Dooku assasinated her. I mean he wanted revenge enough to seek out Death Watch. I wonder if any of these will get mentioned in the Mando/Maul arc.

10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If Lux becomes a Republic senator, maybe Palpatine will tell him... And then kill him. That would be an unexpected ending for Lux. :D

*Ducks*

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That would be a total waste of the character. -.-;

12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Nah, I'm pretty sure they wasted him when Ahsoka got over him. We'd have to watch more political episodes if he has tons of future appearances. [face_nail_biting]

Seerow likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    True. I still hold a tiny little spark to hope deep inside they'll do something else with Lux. Come on Dave. You do this for me and I'll let you off the hook for a clone trooper doing a back hand spring.

14. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    I doubt he is in more than one episode, It wouldnt be "The Droid arc" if he was.

17. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
  18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, ROTS pretty much confirms he was in ok the game. ;)

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gregor in only one episode. ;.;

Ya know I like Mercy Mission and I even liked evil plans but four eps of that may push it. Oh well lets all form a circle and hold hands. We'll get through this together.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor is only in one episode? what the heck

21. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

I believe I read an interview back during celebration were the arc was presented like the general, the small guy, was the only main character that wasn’t a droid. To me that makes it sound like Gregor has a very limited role

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

OH No! No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No ...

Do TCW have no connection to their fanbases sometimes?! There was a massive dislike for the droid episodes of last year, why do the same again but even double.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think they even care lol

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, as long as its atleast a full episode with Gregor and he gets atleast as much screentime as Cut did in his namesake episode.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Vader

I know they don't but they need to hide it better cause such episodes really hurt. They are so bad that they hurt you like a hit to the head... :D

That is true. Then that will be like with the Box in the Hardeen arc - one fun episode among 3 other weak ones.

R2 sucks as a lead character.