main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Here's my prediction:

Ahsoka is murdered by Darth Vader.

Seriously, it would be a cool, but sad, irony.

So no. She won't be in episode 7.

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    the question is when? Because you need an explanation for her not appearing in Episode III

3. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    I think either the final ep of clone wars will take place during/after episode 3, or it will happen in an EU novel centered around the purge.

4. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    And she does appear in the film...

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anybody establish how old Ahsoka's species ages? Could be a handwave to say, hey!, once you hit maturity you look the same or something.

But if she does survive the Clone Wars she could be a badass really old Jedi who survived the purge.

yodasbum likes this.
  6. lord_eidolon

Feb 2, 2004
    Who stayed in hiding until the Sith Lords (one of which is her own master) were all dead? Kinda goes against her personality and the way Anakin trained her.

I suppose they coul use the old 'she disappeared into the unknown regions and has now returned', but, yawn.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    She was SuperSoka (fantastic name, btw! I shall use it forever more) from the start. The kid kills something like two or three IG-100 Magnaguards (previously established as the period's ultimate Jedi killing machines) in her very first appearance. And it only gets worse from there.

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke , Han , Leia , Jaina , Ben , Allana , C3PO , R2D2 , Lando .

9. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Please, no. Just no. I was pissed when they introduced her. I mean, the Jedi council spend much of the Prequels complaining about how Anakin is too rebellious, and dark, and doesn't listen to orders, and that they don't trust him as far as they can throw him. And then they give him an apprentice? Nope, nuh-uh, not buying it.

The Clone Wars gig has got to be up soon. They're on something like season 6 now, right? Bear in mind they've only got 3 years gap to work with; and then there's the fact that Ahsoka isn't even alluded to in RotS. Mesa tinkin she gonna dieee...

10. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/11/07/star-wars-will-be-forever/

From the blog - " For those of you who are fans of The Clone Wars, do not worry. We have many stories left to tell, and every one of them came directly from George himself. Right down to the last one, where that thing with Ahsoka happens…"

So, TCW is gonna go on or a while. And Ahsoka will be around till the last episode, where something happens to her .... Am pretty sure it will be tragic, but it will not be her death

11. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well as far as I know this will be the point when we finally see an end to the big 3 plot armor. I mean I like them, but seriously. How the kark is Han Solo(my favourite of the 3) supposed to be smuggling with her daughter in her fourties. Even SHE is old.

Soo, everyone we saw die will not be in. If Kyle Katarn is in, I am sold. If HK-47 is in. I am triple sold. If they give an original character for like....Morgan Freeman, the movie series will be back to it's finest. Oh if anyone needs a voice actor: Crispin Freeman.

12. Jedi-NL

Jedi-NL Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2012
  13. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Kitster as a grizzled old cyborg, bent on dominating the intergalatic Pod-Racing circuit that Han and Leia's daughter entered.

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    Since George is always working in verse ( repeating themes ) in the Star Wars movies. I am of the opinion that Boba will make some type of come back and may be a major key player in the upcoming movies. Or make a full come back after episode 9 as a stand alone film on him.

Lucas always loved him very much and he did hint that he could have redone the end of jedi and resurect Boba from the Sarlac pit but left it alone. I am sure that in his mind he has a placeholder for Boba in the upcoming movies. Boba brings in the cash and people to the movies and George knows that.

I am pretty sure Boba will be back....

15. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Personally I wouldn't. I'm not into reviving dead chrachters, it involves too much or hamfisted explinations.
    I want a sharp concise film, not a bunch of sloppy narratives to wedge in a dead, albeit beloved, charachter. Bring in a new bounty hunter to be the bad ass 'cool' bad guy.
    Cad Bane was pretty freakin awesome in the Clone Wars, so there's no reason Ep. 7 can't bring in someone new of equal ilk.

kevmp and Varguitas like this.
  16. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Given the prequel significance of Jango Fett and his clones, I think they may bring back Boba and maybe expand on him a little. Maybe in those supposed side-films DisneyArts could do.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not that I want it to happen, but it wouldn't need much explanation to bring him back. You could even make it kinda funny.
    Han Solo: Boba Fett? How did you survive the sarlacc?
    Boba Fett: Body Armor.
    Han Solo: How did you escape?
    Boba Fett: Jet pack.

18. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Since they talked about 10-12 films say they do episodes 7-12 that's 6 movies. There's another 6 movies to go I say they make a Boba Fett movie just as a side project. They could also do a movie that goes back to the golden age of the sith 5,000 B.B.Y. You can do a Yoda movie. Do a movie on the battle of Ruusan, A movie on the hutts and the Mandalorian wars that makes 12 movies.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I like how you think.

20. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    yes he is...he lived he crawled out of the pit....did CPR on Jabba who had DNA of both Maul and Dooku used his wealth to clone them. Dooku was waiting at the bottom of the shaft and saved palps. In the meantime Darth Maul had taken Vaders severd hand a cloned him. Mean while porkins had ejected and was living with greedo who knowing he was going to shoot first was wearing a vest when Han shot him.
    In fact even peter cushing is returning as tarkin who escaped the death star and death in real life....because heaven forgive us if we dont event new ****ing characters

21. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    In EU Boba did survive and in TCW Darth Maul survived getting cut in half and falling down into a big hole I think Boba can survive.

22. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Yep, he'll be back only to go out like a punk, again. [face_laugh]

DarthKreVass likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Episode VII needs more than anything to start with the end sequence of ROTJ... but as everyone on Endor watches the second Death Star explode, they witness in horror as Plapy uses his unrivaled ability in the Force to actually pull the entire battle station back together while in mid-fall, so that we can start the new trilogy with the exact same Death Star blowing up Endor while Plapy is still hovering in the shaft. I just can't let go...

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As a fan of Boba, I'm all for it. The character grew to immense poularity with a large segment of the fan base thanks in large part to a fantastic design and was later given a large place in the EU. I think it's clear that the character of Boba Fett would benefit from finally being fleshed-out on screen with some nuance and depth (to go along with his firepower) and given both Fett's blood ties to the saga and the goldmine which is the Mandalorian race, I could definitely see some interesting story potential.

Also, something to keep in mind is the very real fact that Boba Fett is one of the largest money-making characters for the franchise and one would imagine that this has got to appeal to any basic sense of the bottom line that LucasFilm / Disney enteretains. Throw in the added bonuses of pleasing a large contingent of the audience and (best of all) the chance to finally put to rest the tired back-and-forth argument as to his survival (which I'm afraid well-meaning topics such as this often devolve into) and we could have a winner.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Boba Fett grew to immense popularity the exact same way that One Direction has done... through massive amounts of hype and marketing masking a complete lack of substance.