main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Teenage Mormon Ninja Vampires: Twilight Movie Thread - Now onto Breaking Dawn pt. 2!

Discussion in 'Community' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 28, 2008.

1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    You know what's really sad? The fact that the Twilight films have so much in there to make fun of, and yet these imbeciles still can't do it right.

Oh well, at least we have Rifftrax.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Jasper [face_love]

To hell with the rest.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Alice is better.

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    [face_love]

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Pretty much, but Jackson looks better with dark hair.

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Breaking Dawn!!!

Not enough Jasper. :(

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    [image=http://rudeboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/twighlight-mom.jpg]

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
  9. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Look I can understand teenage girls going for this crap....but middle aged women?

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh Twilight. I never thought I'd see the day when the biggest plot twist in a movie that legitimately made me shriek a few times and almost cry would be TWILIGHT.

Well played, movie. Well played.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Also, Lee Pace. [face_love]

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I request you share said twist under spoiler tags so those of us who will never watch the movie can judge you :p

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It's hard to explain unless you know the book. :p

So the evil leader vampires (the Volturi) thought that our pack of good vampires had made an immortal child, meaning that they turned a baby into a vampire, which was forbidden. The truth was that since Bella had the baby while she was mortal, her daughter was half mortal.

So they built up this big epic battle in the books where the good vampires gathered their friends to show them that the baby wasn't immortal and they face off against the Volturi and their army of "witnesses" just to be like "see? She's not evil."

Alice, one of the good vampires, has the ability to see the future once someone decides on something. The evil vampires really wanted her to join their ranks because she's useful. So early on when they decide to march on the Cullen's, Alice and her husband Jasper high tail it out of there and abandon everyone else.

So in the book, they build up to this ultimate showdown with the Volturi vs the good vampires and the werewolves/shapeshifters. However, Aro (the head Volturi dude) has the ability to read your thoughts if he touches you. So they let him meet the baby and he sees that she's not an immortal child. However, still bent on destroying the Cullens, Aro decrees that since they don't know what a half immortal child will be like, she's still a danger.

Then Alice shows up to save the day, claiming that she found another half immortal in the world. Aro reads her thoughts to confirm it, and the dude actually came with Alice and Jasper and is like "yeah I'm not evil" and the Volturi are like "oh. All right then" and leave.

That's the book. The movie we were already told that "the ending is changed", especially since the trailers show the big epic battle.

So in the movie, all follows the book until Alice and Jasper reappear. Alice shows Aro what she found, but then pulls away with the realization that Aro's decision still hasn't changed. The Volturi grab Alice and Jasper. Carlisle, who is the amazing leader/father figure of the Cullens, runs to try to save Alice...

And gets killed. (Soo much screaming in the theater)

That starts the battle. We then watch Jasper (my favorite one) get torn apart, Seth get killed, Leah sacrifice herself to save Esme, a few kick ass moments of them killing off some of the Volturi, and just an overall carnage. Then they almost killed Edward, and made it look like something horrible was about to happen to the baby.

Bella and Edward are the last to fight Aro, and they finally kill him and the last thing Aro sees is Bella lighting his remains on fire to secure his death.

Which then cuts to Aro releasing Alice's hand with a gasp and Alice saying quietly that that's the future that she sees unless he changes his mind. Which then causes him to be all "yeah no, we're good here, lets go home" like in the book.

14. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Interesting ending. Actual that is still a possible thing from the book that could of happened since he read Alice's thoughts. So either way it could of been that way although maybe they put it up for the big screen...

the heck did I just write?

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It makes total sense in retrospect. It was still enough to give me a heart attack though.

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How can someone be "half immortal?" What does that even mean? One either can or cannot die.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    She's technically immortal; it just means that she's not completely a vampire because she still has a beating heart, but she'll be fully grown at age 7 and then live an immortal life from there on out.

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I really can't believe I went to see this is theaters after I swore I was done paying $10 to see Kristen Stewart try to act ...

Nonetheless, I did. As the the surprise ending ... I had it spoiled for me, unfortunately, so I was just rolling my eyes. (I obviously loved this movie :p )

My biggest problem (okay, one of) is that because these are first-person novels, a lot of what happens takes place inside Bella's head, which is hard to translate to the screen wthout Bella just narrating what's happening. Which gets really annoying.

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    So she's trapped forever as a seven year old girl? Like Mary Jane Watson in that vampire movie before she was on Spiderman?

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I got through the first half-sentence.

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    HATED IT! *gestures effeminate dismissal*

22. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    To quote Alfred Hitchcock, "It's called 'acting'."
    I love the site that has movie reviews based on the idea that the Incredible Hulk is writing movie reviews. The one he did for the whole Twilight trilogy was frickin' hillarious. I'm sure a quick google search of "hulk vs twilight" will turn it up for you. The one for Transformers2 is also pretty good.

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Last thing I expected was to be surprised and shocked by this last installment. Went with a group of co-workers as we have for each of the Twilight movies. One woman was so upset during the battle she walked out of the theater. Good thing she came back to see the ending. It really was alot of fun to watch.

s65horsey likes this.
  24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    No. She has an accelerated growth rate; meaning by 7 years old, she'll look like 25, and then stop aging.

25. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Wait. So if she's 7 years old but looks 25.....is that legal?