main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode VII, Star Wars In Concert, and Beyond

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Julius Vernon, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    What could Disney's purchase and particularly a new trilogy mean for Star Wars in Concert?

I absolutely loved Star Wars in Concert and would love to see an expansion on that after the new trilogy. Disney being behind it could add an interesting twist since they are so involved with expanding on the music from their films.

Thoughts?

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would love it if it was staged in concert halls and not basketball arenas...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Basketball arenas can hold more people, which means more money and cheaper tickets. ;) But in terms of sound quality, I agree with you completely, Tim.

Anyways, I'm not sure if they would be able to tack on Ep. 7- 9 music for at least another decade. Here's why: By the time SWIC came out, it had already been 3-4 years since Ep. 3 had come out. I'm betting that they wouldn't add Ep. 7 music on its own without the other two episodes. Also, maybe having different composers would make it difficult to pull all of this off.

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    While unlikely, it wouldn't surprised me if SWIC came around again...say around Spring 2015? Considering how well it did around the country, I could see it being another marketing ploy for Episode 7. It could even feature a new song or two from the new film.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Saw it in a concert hall myself.

6. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    Me too.

DarthBoba likes this.