main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What's the Worst Clone Wars Episode?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Padme had to live, and Ahsoka wasn't gonna be killed off so early in the show

2. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I know. I just hate any episode with padme. Asohka is growing on me slowly.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka has grown on me after a few episodes of seeing her, i had mixed reactions when i saw her in the movie

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I echo Garth's displeasure with Massacre, however, it will never top pyromaniac Satine burning down the evidence of a bunch of hippies lacing kid's tea with LSD.

Garth Maul likes this.
  5. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Corruption and Evil Plans, its difficult to belive they spent resources on theese episodes.

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Too true! It is shocking to think about it.

7. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think everyone pretty much covered the episodes I disliked.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

Yea, and when one considers that the entire production process on each episode takes 2-3 years, it feels crazy that adult employees felt it was worth the effort.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I know right. What puzzles me about Corruption how stupid and complicated the show made it. For arcs like The Citadel or Mon Calamari, TCW say the would prefer not to model new characters or add them to a plot (This is the reason behind the inclusion of Tikkes in Mon Calamari).
    But in Corruption TCW created a dozen new character models and each of these stupid characters had a part of the story - from the pointless Principal to the Doctor to the Merchant. All were different with different models and voice actors - so much effort put into something that had no reason to exist. And yet valid characters we all want to appear usually are said that do not fit TCW but all the characters and pointless of this episode fit into TCW's plan?! :rolleyes::confused:o_O[face_sick]

Now Evil Plans is another total level of pointlessness. It is an episode that has R2 and C3PO go on a grocery run when they are stopped by Cad Bane. At that point the episode becomes one transition between scenes of torture and scenes of R2 enjoying a spa.
    The reason I really hate this episode cause we have an entertaining war going on and while we could have Kit Fisto or Mace Windu action, we have this pointlessness.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can actually tolerate and even enjoy Evil Plans. The whole grocery run thing is stupid but I like when something mundane turns into an adventure. Its so stupid its funny and there is even a little social commentary in there. Its like Rocko's Modern Life with SW characrers.

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Damn straight, DGTF. I'm all for effort being put into the world-building and political episodes, but for the love of Hades, LFA, please put some effort into the stories. There were plenty of avenues that could have been taken with a return to Mandalore, but they chose some of the most mundane, irrelevant and inconsequential ones imaginable. The themes of terrorism, pacifism and nationalism were handled very well in the S2 episodes, but S3's Mandalorian episodes didn't hold a candle to them.

It seems like we could use a few more "Let's fix" threads. :p

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. S2 handled itself very well and then S3 really came in and I do not want to say what they did in our face. :D

You have Lurmen and Mando pacifism, Freeing of Ryloth, Slavery, Terrorism, Zombies - awesome stuff - and THEN tea and bribes and corruption. WHEN will Lucas learn that this is NOT what SW fans love about SW.

13. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Bribes and corruption are great... just not when handled so ham-fistedly, with Padme being a bloodthirsty authoritarian action heroine, Satine being a pyromaniac and almost no relevance to the overall Mandalorian story beyond an implication that the Mandalorian state is close to collapse.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm pretty sure me, Zandalor, GG and maybe fanboy were the only ones who didn't like Massacre.

Script was ridic, and Mother Talzin basically = robot gypsy fortune teller from Futurama. :p

It's not as bad as the others I listed but it did make me really angry.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It made me really happy. More than the ***p called Umbara for sure. NOW THAT made me angry.

Financial intrugue with cool characters handled well can be an awesome thing but not like this.

QuangoFett likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

I thought the Zombie thing was a little much but otherwise had fun with Massacre. Its not an episode I watch alot however.

17. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Heroes On Both Sides - with the muunificent IGBC banker fleecing the Loyalists and playing both sides, Grievous ordering a successful sabotage mission, the shades of grey in both the Republic and CIS legislatures, Padme as a sharp-witted and patriotic peacemaker (distinct from a pacifist) - was a great example of how politics and action-light "world-building" should be handled.

Massacre was very good, IMO, but whatever floats one's boat. Nightsister blood floats mine. [face_mischief]

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    True words! That was a well executed episode that needed SOME SAN HILL!

And Massacre is not for everybody - if you do not like the elements of the story or the CIS winning then you will hate Massacre.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It would derail the thread is I started posting about the season 3 Nightsisters arc...

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Sorry, son: I have no problem with CIS winning, I've been asking for that since S1. But Diva Talzin and the Walking Dead just went too far.

Also, on the Padme/Ahsoka issue: as I've said before, the fact that I now prefer episodes with Ahsoka over Padme speaks volumes. :p

eht13 and Seerow like this.
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    There were awesome walking dead in Season Two and back then nobody had issues with them.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll say this for Massacre. That is one hell of an episode to watch when your hopped up with cough syrup with codeine in it. I was sick as a dog that week.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is a fun and wacky, awesome and epic, CIS winning episode in every way.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I'm watching Massacre right now, it gets better with every viewing.:D

25. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    Mercy Mission

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.