main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    It'd take something totally cringeworthy. I don't even want to speculate what that might be, because I still have high hopes for this project!

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Hayden Christensen had nice abs in Star Wars Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith............

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    :confused:o_O:_|[face_phbbbbt][face_laugh][face_devil]:oops:=((

4. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    If Darth Vader is ressurected, I would not be happy! I would not mind Chewie coming back for the movies and I am sure some of the post EU after Return of the jedi is canon and besides Lucas helped write some of the stories.

Boba fett is coming back

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Saying that Boba Fett is coming back to life is like saying that Governor Grand Moff Willhuff Tarkin survived the DS1 Death Star One Explosion.....

BTW, I feel sorry for Tarkin. He got burned pretty badly. He was in a lot of pain when the DS1 exploded......

6. spoooooky

spoooooky Jedi Master

May 2, 2000
    I don't know what would make me actually walk out, but if they resurrect anyone (palpy, vader, fett, and on and on - and yes, I include Maul in that), I will be mightily ticked off.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Heres the list of the classic actors coming back.http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/16/star-wars-episode-vii-the-wookie-wants-in-as-well/ It says Boba is back

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Was he in pain when the DS1 exploded?

9. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I never said Tarkin was coming back, But Boba and chewie are coming back!
    My point is Tarkin is

10. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I dont think anything will make me leave this movie. If I'm fortunate I'll be taking a two year old kid to see it, too young to understand I know, but my kids will take Star Wars on their own terms. This is pop culture not niche fanboy stuff.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Someone should tell the buttclowns in the media that Wookiee is not spelled like "Cookie".

12. Suginami

Suginami Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    No matter how bad it is I would not walk out. I'd be disappointed that's all. The same goes for the PT.

13. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    A bunch of things (that could frighteningly happen since Disney is involved) would make we walk out of this movie:

• Chris Tucker style humor, especially his role in The Fifth Element.
    • Any sort of "green" message. I enjoyed Avatar despite the ham-fisted environmentally aware message, but that sort of thing has absolutely no place in Star Wars. At least Avatar was created with a green message in mind, so it felt more natural (no pun intended), but it would feel incredibly forced (again, no pun intended) and out of place in Star Wars.
    • Any sort of overt political messages, which goes hand in hand with the "green" thing. If the villains just happen to be evil capitalists, bankers, or rednecks, I'm flipping off the screen and getting a refund. Just stick to the tried and true formula of the villains being scary on a primal, almost childish level (i.e. Vader, and Maul).
    • Any sort of dumb, stupid alien pets, like the space monkey in Lost in Space or that dog-thing in John Carter, which are played for nothing more than cuteness or comic relief.
    • Ridiculously over the top comedic pilot banter. This is the one I'm most afraid of, because it seems to be a trap a lot of filmmakers fall into for whatever reason. Basically all the crap Randy Quaid and Will Smith spout in Independence Day in the middle of incredibly intense and serious dogfights. It's one thing for Han or Lando to shout the occasional "yeehaw!", but it's quite another for lines such as, "Alright you alien a**holes...up yours!" or "yo man, whatchy'all shootin' at?" Even the "This is podracing!" line in TPM got on my nerves.
    • If the hero (or heroes) are constantly having to babysit or guide sick, elderly, or mentally challenged characters throughout the whole movie. This was a big problem I had with another Disney film, Dinosaur, because it brings the action and story to an absolute standstill. Like the other Star Wars movies, all the central characters on "the quest" so top speak, should at least be capable of basic motor functions.
    Anyway, this is all I got for now, lol.

Vastor likes this.
  14. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If any of the characters step in "poo-doo", I'm walking.

15. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    If Twilight started playing.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    please don't bring that up, it still gets to me to this day. I still have an aversion to movie theaters.

17. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I have yet to walk out of a movie, even after having endured Batman and Robin, Blues Brothers 2000 and The Passion of the Christ. With that said, I'm wary of the prospect of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford being in Episode VII. Their inclusion may constitute the ultimate "Be careful what you wish for".

18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, IF they're in it it will be a very fine line between cool & awful. But thus far Disney seems to be doing everything possibly right to make these movies rock, so i will give them the benefit of the doubt. Han, Luke and Leia need to play to their dignified age and role anything outside that IMO could be disaster.

19. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    "Disaster" could be a distinct possibility.

Ford, more than any movie star I can recall, has completely lost his screen presence.

Fisher never was much of an actor (TESB aside).

Hamill, his fine voice acting notwithstanding, is a big (?)

"I have a bad feeling about this."

20. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Why was "Passion Of the Christ" so bad? I'm not religious so I may be missing something. Seemed like a gorefest but that was what the point was, right? I stayed for that Charlie Sheen movie where he is inside a car the entire flick. Worst time ever in a theatre but I still stuck around.

21. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I agree on Harrison Ford. He's nothing like he was. I actually don't think he's very good actor. He plays (pretty much) the same personality in every movie.He reminds me of Clint Eastwood in that way. Not very versatile but good at what they do.

22. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I will be mad if I will not see Jaina Solo in the movie.

23. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    If you are still a follower after Episode 1, you are not walking out

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Carrie Fisher in a metal bikini doing a love scene with a gungan. That would make me walk out.

JediWheelz likes this.
  25. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If any idiot decides to take screaming toddlers into the theatre instead of getting a baby sitter, I will walk out of the theatre, go directly to the manager and have idiot and toddlers ejected from the movie. Serious, do not ruin this movie. You have been warned.

kainee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.