main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I am now depressed and my excitement for the trilogy has dropped a bit....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bleeding0range, Nov 16, 2012.

1. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Sorry they aren't hot like twilight actors, subby.

Get over yourself. they are your elders and brought you much joy. Yet you are so shallow you are picking on them for their weight and looks at their age. Grow up.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    No one is trolling here. I'm am just saying, that certain characters aren't as physically attractive/good-looking as they used to be!!!!

3. Bleeding0range

Bleeding0range Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2012
    Hollywood is shallow. Get over it. It's not about them, it's about the movie. I have much respect for all of them. Mark's Joker is a god-send and Harrison Ford was my favorite actor growing up.

4. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Depressed about some actors weight. You need to get out more

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OMG they got old and fat!?!

Seriously guys, people age. Real people and even pretend people in movies set decades after the last time they were in them get older. Get your heads out of the clouds and just think about the fact this is going to be a new SW movie. Something we really didn't expect to see.

I've no problem with the OT characters getting older and even fatter because you know what, same thing happened to me since the OT was out.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Twilight actors aren't hot. Yes, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Nabberie Amidala Skywalker, Han Solo, and Lando Calirissian were all good looking people, waaaayyyy more physically attractive than the Twilight actors/actresses!!!! [face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling]

They are not my elders. What the hell does that even mean??? I'm am not trying to rude, I'm am just confused as to what you're are trying to say!!!

7. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    As soon as that logo blasts into the screen with the triumphant roar of the SW theme, you won't care how old they look.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  8. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Not necessarily in this thread, but lots of stuff about her weight, etc. and how she's not a hottie anymore, so why bother with her as an actress.

BTW, I'm female, so perhaps I'm a little sensitive to the issues associated with aging and being a woman. There's a double standard out there - men get distinguished and women get old.

I've been a Carrie Fisher fan since I was 8 and Princess Leia grabbed Luke's blaster and took over her own rescue. I think Carrie is funny, engaging, and tremendously honest - particularly when it comes to her struggles with her weight and bi-polar disorder. I hate to see her put down. It's as simple as that.

And, in case you can't tell, I'm also an unabashed Ford fangirl.

tsunami1138 likes this.
  9. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are probably going to get into shape for their roles (at least to some extent), and as others have pointed out, makeup, wardrobing, and lighting can do wonders. Harrison Ford's probably not going to do much, other than fly the Millennium Falcon and maybe use a blaster. I don't see Carrie Fisher doing much physical action either. The only one who will likely be involved in major action scenes is Mark Hamill, and they'll almost certainly use the same technique used in the prequels for Dooku's action scenes: a stuntman/swordsman wearing Luke's garb and resembling Mark Hamill will perform all the strenuous stuff, and they'll digitally composite Mark Hamill's likeness onto the double's face. The effect was pretty much seamless in Episode II and III.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    ??????????

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think (some) people are really showing how shallow they are. The film is not going to be based five years or so after ROTJ. That's clear enough. The characters would have aged, just like the actors portraying them. Also, Hollywood personal trainers who earn $800 a day can work miracles. It really isn’t a big deal.

TreborSabreon and Artoo-Dion like this.
  12. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    @ Bleeding0range dude they need to make the transition to the next generation, Obi-wan died in A New Hope and he passed the force torch to Luke, I see the same type of thing happening here, it's possible all the old main characters could be dead by the end of the next trilogy they could kill one off per movie.

13. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    How come people complaining aren't bringing up the fact that Leia looked anorexic in ROTJ. I think any princess who was leading a rebellion against an evil empire would be in a little better shape than Carrie was in that film as well. People accepted her in that movie though and they will accept her in this movie.

tsunami1138 likes this.
  14. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    Concerned because I am a fan of Star Wars and it's a legitimate conversation I felt like bringing up on a forum talking about it. Don't take me so literal, I'm not crying in a corner over here. In real life, nobody cares to talk about Star Wars Episode VII. That's what the internet is for.

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    One day I will be an old dude, I'll will accept that fact. I won't be as handsome as I am now......

Is there anything wrong with admitting that they aren't as good-looking as they used to be? I'm am not judging any one of them as persons/people, just the way that they look.......

16. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Carrie is "Ugly/Hideous" there? I think she looks good there. Mark doesn't look quite that good anymore. Just a few weeks back when he was bashing the GOP he looked like this:

[​IMG]

Carrie about a four years ago looked like this:
    [​IMG]

But she's looking better in recent interviews:
    [​IMG]

I think Carrie can get prepared in time for a role. Mark can too, the beard suits him well.

17. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

This thread is bull! M in James Bond is an elderly woman did any one, does any one have a problem with her? She had a major role in the new film does any one have a problem with that? No, she was fantastic. Old characters can play important roles in a movie, Gandalf anyone? This argument is invalid and silly .

I'm sure that there will be young cast members too. People get old, get over it! Plenty of movies have old actors, actresses and they are great films. End of story, end of thread if I dare do say. It's a tedious and silly argument that Hollywood doesn't even condone itself. There are older actors, actresses in plenty of films, the world won't end if it continues in Star Wars...

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Nobody/No One cares in real life? Isn't the Internet made up of real-life people?????

I was talking to my friends about SW Star Wars Episode 7, one of them is a SW Star Wars Fans and He likes/loves it a lot!!!! But the others, they said, basically the equivalent to, "Meh".........

19. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    You have done more than that though. You have said they don;t belong in the films because they are old, and do not look as good. You are either beyond shallow, a troll, or both.

K'Kruhk and yodasbum like this.
  20. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Worst thread of the young e7 board. You must be so proud.

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    She wasn't an anorexic in ROTJ........

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    As an aside, the action shouldn't be a concern, considering they had Christopher Lee, over 80 years old, in some pretty exciting swordfights in AOTC and ROTS.

23. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    I'm sure that they will be given a personal trainer if they are hired for the movies. Anyways, Disney now owns ILM so they can do what they did in Tron.

24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I never said that I don't want them in the films/movies because of their ugliness...................

25. Bleeding0range

Nov 11, 2012
    You know what I meant. I'd like to address there's a difference between an older actor playing a character that is older that is not going to be compared to the same character younger. Gandalf is SUPPOSED to be old in the story. Fan expectations are already high with wanting Luke to actually, DO something as a Jedi. If he was just on his death-bed then yeah he looks the part. There is a difference and my concern stems from whether or not these decisions are going to make for a movie that sucks.