main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I am now depressed and my excitement for the trilogy has dropped a bit....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bleeding0range, Nov 16, 2012.

1. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    "Waaaaah. Leia's ass might be too big to take serious. WAAAAH. Luke won't wield force pushes to his full might with ALL OF THOSE ugly liver spots! "

Here you go, hunnybuns

[​IMG]

2. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Hey I get it we have the conversations here that we can't have with our friends because they are apathetic towards Star Wars, it's therapy to express our concerns :)
    When you look at the new technology used on faces and makeup and special effects, I think we are good. You think Disney will allow them to look terrible on screen, no way?

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  3. Bleeding0range

Bleeding0range Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2012
    I agree though, Mark looks pretty good with a beard... maybe if he also grows his hair out a bit like in that older comic-con pic and they hide all his mid-section behind some jedi robes. Or if he ya know, loses a few pounds and they don't have to do that so much.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Yep, Yeah, Yes, that's is my main point, exactly. Leia's physique is big now.... Not as beautiful, like a Cheetah or a Gazelle, or a Deer, like it used to be.............

Mark Hamill can wield force pushes will all of his might, because that's is just CGI.........

I have accepted the truth that these ugly actors were once beautiful people that I enjoyed watching; I still enjoy watching them in movies, just in a different way than before; and that way is this: accepting time and the fact that we get old!!!!!!

5. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    EP VII should also have a fat and bold Chewbacca to keep things equal.

the_sinister_hologram likes this.
  6. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Warwick Davis has too many hemmorhoids to play Wicket again for me to comfortably enjoy this new sequel trilogy.

Kathleen Kennedy destroyed my um... adulthood.

yodasbum and krtmd like this.
  7. Bleeding0range

Bleeding0range Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2012
    In a fictional universe you don't have to accept anything. It's up to you on what you want to do with it and you have to yes, accept real-life consequences of actor's aging... but that doesn't mean you have to write them in just cuz. It really depends on what they do with all this on whether or not it ends up being the right decisions. I'm still excited the most to see Mark return. I just hope they make him look the part they write for him.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Let's put it this way. A few months ago I thought that Young Luke Skywalker was very handsome, and I was kinda kind of obessed with how cute he was.... Now, I realized that Luke Skywalker is and always will be, just plain boring and ugly looking..... It's is Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, and the younger Carrie Fisher, that captivate my attention.........

It's is OK though. I think that it is important to have both ugly and beautiful characters in a/the film.......

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I really doubt if they are in EP7 that they will be playing the action/romantic leads. They most likely will play the parts of mentor/grandparents/or parents of adult children. There are probably going to be young, hot looking Jedi (either their kids or not) that will be the lead actors. So it really doesn't matter how Carrie Fisher looks. She is never going to be cast as the metal bikini girl. She is going to be wearing either bulky Jedi robes or bulky senatorial robes. I bet the big three will have rolls equal to Alec Guiness in ANH. He's there to help introduce the heroes. Then he is gone from the movie and all we see are the younger cast from then on.

I am not saying Leia, Han and Luke will be killed off in EP7, but I bet their appearances will be limited in any future movies.

10. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Is this a guy saying this?

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Well, Princess Leia Organa Nabberie Amidala Skywalker (I like to call her by her full name, sorry, I apologize, just my preference in writing), was never really "THAT" good looking in the metal bikini girl role......

But, yes, if you ever watched both the OT and the PT, you'll will notice how there is symbolism in generations of characters....... Anakin skywalker was a young handsome man in the prequels, in the originals he was all old and middle-aged. In the prequels, his twin Skywalker children were babies, in the OT, they were young adults...... The same pattern will continue in the sequel trilogy.....................

12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Does it really matter??? No, it doesn't, I repeat, does NOT, matter!!!!!!

Why did you write that post, the one that I quoted above????

:D

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    But you're disappointed because they aged?

It's life. Sad that media has left us thinking we must all be able to maintain a twenty-something ideal.

Varactyl likes this.
  14. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    They are? You've done polls? You've heard from the vast majority of fans that this is exactly what they want?

Let us be careful not to do what many on here have done and portray our personal views of what we want, and translate it as "this is what the masses desire". I get that this may be your personal expectation, and that is cool, but I think it unwise to say this is what everyone else seems to want since I have largely heard the exact opposite, or at the very least a simple "I don't really care as long as it's good and entertaining." Why does Mark's looks and age mean Luke won;t actually do anything? Today wasn't exactly smooth skinned and young, but he did plenty. My point is that we do not need action hero Luke in order to feel like he has purpose and meaning. Seeing Luke old will not shatter my image of young Luke. I will sit there and think, "This makes sense. people get old, and can't do what they used to and look like they used to. On towards a bright future with the next generation".

15. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Here is this deleted scene of Luke lighting up his green light sabre for the first time in ROTJ.....imagine him doing that in VII who cares how old he is or how he looks, at that moment we will know Star Wars is back.

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yep, Yes, Yeah.... We all age, bro!! Look at Anakin Skywalker in episode 6!!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ac0f8f04003174&bpcl=38625945&biw=1440&bih=813
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ac0f8f04003174&bpcl=38625945&biw=1440&bih=813

17. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I agree. I would say the masses are happy that the original cast is coming back regardless of what they look like now.

18. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    OMG are you a woman? No woman can be so shallow.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know what surprises me more, the fact that that scene was deleted or the fact that Luke somehow came into possession of Dr. Who's screwdriver.

leiamoody likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I never said she was. I'm just saying it doesn't matter that she looks like she is 60-years-old because she is probably going to play a 60-year-old grandmother/politician/or Jedi.

21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mark at Celebration VI. Looks fine to me as Luke Skywalker in his 60's.

and I can't believe they cast that chubby Alec guy for Ben Kenobi...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

krtmd likes this.
  22. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Darnit. Watching Vader go into an elevator and seeing Luke fiddle with a screwdriver would of added a lot to the flick.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    So what???

24. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Good grief people. Are we really this snobby? Enough is enough about it already. Episode VII will do just fine with how they will appear in it, as long as the story is worth anything.

Yes. Yes it does.

JainaSoloYJK, Bacon164 and Jedi_Lover like this.
  25. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm am not snobby!!!!