main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Why reorganise if its only you?! Get it the way you want it and leave it that way silly!!

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, but I have to move things to clean the room :p

(and it costs extra to get the second set of things out of here...single room ain't cheap)

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You move to clean? Aint you the good one then? I do that once every two months.....nothing more...sometimes longer!

4. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I would say the same, but I've only been here for two months or so anyway :p

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We need to get back on Target. Now.....are there any X Wings in your Dorm? If not....why not???

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Don't have any X-Wings. We do have a few Lego's back home...lets see...a V-Wing, a Y-Wing, an A-Wing...and I think Grevious' ship (though that one is broken I believe). Pics can come when I'm on break if wanted :p

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You need to bring ONE of them with you, otherwise you are denying your passion at College....and that's a rule breaker!!

8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Hey, I have a couple books here. LotF: Fury/Revelations, and X-Wing: The Bacta War :p

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    MORE!! You are hiding your fandom! SHAME!!! :p

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I could only pack so much :p

Besides, would you want a bunch of Lego's scattered over my parents car? They're safer at home :p

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then you need to ask for an X Wing for Christmas....a model you can either build or one built you can hang... ;)

12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I used to have a lot of SW posters and pictures I ripped out of magazines in my dorm room. That was ages ago though. I have an x- wing and a Lego x-wing here at the house. We also have the Wedge action figure and I call our Gamorrean guard Voort.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have posters, they are sealed in tubes.....got about 6 X Wings....big ones. I love them so much!!!

14. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I wish I could get the Lego X-wing, it looks so cool!

In other news, I loaned my copy of Mercy Kill to a friend's husband, as he's been out of the fandom since they had the gall to kill Chewie... and he couldn't read it because of his severe reaction and sensitivity to cigarette smoke! I don't even smoke, my parents do! So we're going to have to get him a different copy somehow... Maybe that'll be his Chrissy present.

15. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I want a card for amazon.com so that I can buy star wars books! That would be fun I think. :D Of course, I have no idea which ones I want... >.>

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Mostly I get SW books from the library. If I like them, I bump them to the top of my "to buy" list and get them when I have a gift card, or cash. Or you know if it's Allston or Zahn I just buy it. Would do the same if Stackpole ever got to write SW again.

17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea Runner. Now, what's worth reading first?

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    *points at fan-club name*

Can't go wrong with Allston and Stackpole, especially the X-Wing ones.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  19. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Abso-fragging-lutely agree! Anything by Zahn is a good read too.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    BultarSwan Depends on your interest. I started back in the mid 90's and read everything as it came out until the end of the NJO. I was really soured on SW as a whole after the fan reaction to the prequals, Celebration III and I never liked that Anakin Solo was killed off. So when I heard Mercy Kill was being released I decided to read up on what I'd missed since the end of the NJO. Should have skipped the DNT, but LTOF and FOTJ weren't so bad. They had good moments and I admit really bad moments, but they were readable. After that I re-read everything from Truce of Bakura to Survivors Quest (which I had never read). Now I'm skipping all over the place read two books from TOR, a couple from the Clone Wars Era. I basicly see a discussion on the lit board that piques my interest and put the book on my "to read" list. Hoepfully eventually I will read them all, except for maybe those zombie stories, not sure I could get into that. Really looking forward to re-reading both Han Solo trilogies soon as a lead up to Scounrels. Sorry to write a book answer, I can ramble.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Err....yeah...the Zombie ones really aren't worth it...

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Maybe you didn't know. I don't know what all the SIGWLNDSZXO's stand for. :p

But yes, I am planning to read ALL the x-wing books. I actually want to own them but the dumb stores around here don't sell them. Online! :D

23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Code Key;- NJO = New Jedi Order (19 book) series, DNT = Dark Nest Trilogy (follows NJO), LOTF (LotF) = Legacy of the Force (9 book) series - next in sequence, FOTJ (FotJ) = Fate of the Jedi (9 book) series - most recently published and takes the story to about 45 years after the Battle of Yavin (0 ABY) or, in english, after Episode IV, A New Hope (ANH). TOR stands for The Old Republic timeline novels.

Hope you can now decrypt the file!

Adalia-Durron and Runjedirun like this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks Tim I was too lazy to even attempt that.

25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    You're welcome, RJR!