main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT what is the inside of the death star like?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    How big should the DS1 be, in your opinion? The DS2 looks a quarter of the size? Do you mean that it was the right size, or should've been a quarter smaller, too??

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    The DS2 is about a quarter the size of our moon. That is fine, that is roughly correct.

if i had to guess, just on the picture, the DS1 looks to be just smaller than the weapons dish of DS2. IMO, should be about the same size.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The DS2 and the DS1 should be the same size? Is that what you're are trying to say??

What weapon's dish?

So, my picture of the DS2 is correct? I hope it is not, because billions probably lived on the Death Star DS2!!! Lando Calirissian, you evil man!!!!

4. DaleC76

DaleC76 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2004
    I don't' know the EU numbers, but with its unfinished state, there may well have been fewer deaths in the DS2 than the original. Also, I personally don't like the idea of it being 1/4 the size if the moon. That seems ridiculouly large.

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. Yes. Yep. Well, are you saying that the DS2 is actually even smaller than the DS1?

Remember, there may have been millions or even billions on the Death Stars, but remember the evacuation drill in Episode 6, when Anakin Skywalker was dying and his son was dragging his body onto his spaceship? Luke escaped, they all certainly escaped........................

6. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    They did not all escape. Most died.

7. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Remember the guys that were running on the evacuation when Luke was dragging Anakin's body to his shuttle/spaceship??

They escaped. Luke was there for a few minutes talking to Anakin, and he managed to escape, albeit in a matter of seconds, coincidentally....................

If Luke could escape, then they could escape. Why wouldn't they escape? What do you think, the rebels had blockades to make sure that they stayed on the death star 2 (DS2) and died on it??? No, that's is not even mentioned in the films............

Besides, if some would escape, why wouldn't the others escape??

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How many people were on the 2nd Death Star? A million minimum? No way that they can get everyone out in time. If we can't get everyone out of the way (somewhere in the thousands maybe) of a impeding natural disaster when they have days warning how are a million people plus going to get off the Death Star in like 5 minutes? No way

thesevegetables likes this.
  9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The Death Star and a place with a natural disaster have different geographies.....

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If people have a couple days warning they can still get out of there. Some people refuse to leave. Take Hurricane Katrina for example. People had a couple days notice to get out but a lot of people couldn't or wouldn't. I'm not sure how many live in New Orleans but its somewhere in the 10's or 100's of thousands. A lesser amount of people had days to leave but weren't able to. The million plus people on the 2nd DS had moments to leave so how could they get off? Remember Tarkin? He was told to leave but didn't.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The DS1 exploded just several seconds after we saw Tarkin just sitting there. There is no possible way, even if he changed his mind, that he could have escaped it.....

Did it hurt??

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what I said. Being blown would hurt a lot...

13. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Tarkin died instantly. He didn't suffer burns and pain from burns as he floated in space and died. It was so powerful that it vaporized him and he turned to ashes in a matter of a second or less. Am I not wrong?? I changed my mind, from before....

To quote Sirius Black/Gary Oldman from Harry Potter, it was quicker than falling asleep.....

14. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    The EU numbers place the DS2 at 900 km. DS1 at 160km. The moon is about 3462 km. The idea of it being that large is a bit ridiculous but i can't do anything about those numbers.

Yes and no. That depends on the viewer.

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    So, my pictures are false??

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Tarkin died in a explosion that was pretty hot. Not sure how hot but most likely hot than an atom bomb so yes it would hurt for like a second...

17. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    I'm not saying that!

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I have no idea what this contradicatory conversation is even about, Now...................

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ever hear of 3rd degree burn victims??? Was Tarkin in pain and agony like them???

Or, did his body turn to ashes within seconds???

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd say he was in much worse pain than 3rd degree burn victims for a matter of seconds...

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Yep. Yeah. Yes. Probably like 10th degree burns...........

But only for a split second, NOT a matter of seconds...............

Such a powerful explosion would turn anything/anybody to ashes in a second..............

Evil rebel criminals and traitors!!!!

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Think of total protonic reversal.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    ???????????

24. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    You are being just as contradictory.
    Fact of the matter is the god damn sizes of the Death Stars are ridiculous. Mostly it depends on the damn perception of the viewer. Some people do not like the 900km for the DS2, some people do. Canon says this, but fanon says that. and Canon can all so say something else. fact of the matter is it is also open to interpretation.

LEAVE THE SIZE ALONE.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Imagine your life stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Muhahahaha