main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What if Episode VII bombs?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Chaos123x, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004

He cares about HIS creation. Everything out side of his vision dosen't matter. It just someone else's interpation of the makers world. Lucas created it, it's HIS world period. You don't have yo like it, just except it.

venepe likes this.
  2. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    There is no way Episode VII will bomb at the theatres - impossible. I know it will make a huge amount of $, and that everyone & their kids will see it.

Look at TPM - it got terrible reviews by critics & got slammed hard by fans on the Internet, and it still did incredibly well (I thought the film was great, but that's beside the point). In fact, I remember that it was playing all summer (1999), left for a couple of months in the Fall, and then movie theatres brought it back towards the end of the year for another Theatrical run.

EviL_eLF and Echo-07 like this.
  3. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    What if...? Well, if it does bomb they will go ahead with the other two anyways even if they just release them on home video. It could bomb and still be a good movie, so the fans will support it and become a cult hit. IF it is also a bad movie the fans will continue to support it just like the Star Trek movies.

4. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    You don't buy a car for four billion dollars, if you can't sell it for more than that. From a money-making perspective, you always buy things at the cheapest price possible & sell it for more than you bought it for. If I bought a video game for five dollars, then I may try to sell it to you for ten dollars. But I would not have bought it in the first place if I didn't not think you would buy my video game for twice as much as I spent on it.

Disney only bought Lucas Films for four billion dollars. But you don't spend that much money, unless if you are confident that you can double the profits from that purchase. Disney is not interested in going bankrupt. This next film may gross beyond four billion dollars.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I like your spunk kid but I don't think any movie will ever gross over 4 billion. Unless iof course hyper-inflation kicks in and tickets are 1000 a piece. LOL

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Your car analogy is horrible by the way. You NEVER buy a car and expect to MAKE money on it.

As for buying a company like Lucas Film... of course they expect to make money. This is already a VERY successful company. They have subsidiaries that are industry leaders that also make money in ILM and Skywalker Sound.

I don't think making money is a concern at this point... it's pretty much a given. Let them do their thing, they WILL make money.

7. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Financially, it won't bomb. Name recognition alone will stop that.

But if it just sucks, then it'll give us something to argue over and complain about for another 10 years the way the PT did. ;)

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  8. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    the inevitable bitching of fans....ergo, we will most likely find something wrong with it.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Started Nov 10th and six pages . . .

10. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think that Ep 7 will bomb and here's why - the hype built for this movie alone will drag people to the theaters, one way or another. The movie will make money, and lots of it.
    BUT, Ep 8's initial success will greatly depend on the quality of Ep 7.
    So I believe that such a discussion will be more fit for when Ep 8 is close to release.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.