main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I am now depressed and my excitement for the trilogy has dropped a bit....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bleeding0range, Nov 16, 2012.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Is it not depressing to watch a hero you once knew as young and virile turn into an old, weak, shell of their former self?

Is it not depressing to watch Muhammad Ali shake and stammer?

Was it not depressing to see Christopher Reeve, a man who used to fly on television, stuck in a damn wheelchair, almost completely unable to move?

Is it not depressing to watch your grandparent go from the tough, wise person of your youth to an infirm, senile burden who eventually reverts to infancy shortly before they die due to nothing more than time?

Is it not depressing to know that if it happened to them, it's probably going to happen to us?

I know the Big Three aren't as far gone as I described, the signs are still visible. Have you seen Harrison in interviews? There are signs of dementia. Carrie's problems have been well documented.

A lot of you are on your high horses now, but if we end up seeing the Big Three shuffle, trip and slur through their roles I'm betting some of you will feel differently.

Even if it doesn't happen in the movies, the Big Three will probably get infirm eventually, and how would it feel to watch them then? I'm betting you won't feel joy joy feelings. You might feel like some people in this thread are concerned they will feel when watching the ST.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly. Good to see someone being realistic around here.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What the hell is wrong with you? With those/the chicks above? Stop spamming these forums. It's is very off-topic, and not even funny.............

But most of all, it's is just plain vulgar and crude, and those girls are sooooooooooooo ugly and not good looking at all, in the slightest......

[​IMG]

4. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    It's these statements that tell me people who hold to these concerns are not listening to what we say. We are actually being far more realistic. We don't expect the big three to be action heroes. We expect the to getter frail and weaker. We simply are not depressed about it since we realize other old actors were in the movies and the quality was still amazing. We are not depressed because we actually have realistic expectations and are more excited about the future rather than dreaming about the old days.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    You mean people don't stay young forever? Shocking....

Look, weight loss, makeup, lighting, and camera work can do a LOT.

NO ONE, not even the most attractive women in hollywood actually look like they do in movies and pictures.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Fleab88, exactly! Very well said. You summed up my feelings on this subject perfectly.

You want to know what's really depressing? Seeing more and more of these threads pop up and watching them deteriorate into petty insults and drive-by postings for the sole purpose of bashing these actors. I guess it just reflects the image Hollywood has become - if you're over the age of 50, you're washed-up. It's sad, really.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

If you don't have these concerns, then what's the problem? Is there a problem with other people having these concerns? Do other people who have these concerns need to listen to you and change? Are we not listening to you, or do we just have a different perspective? "You're not listening" sounds more like "You're wrong, so change and think like we do". You know, we "don't get it" because we have a different opinion.​
    I'm not depressed yet either, and I don't think anyone else really is. But I could be after watching the ST, it's happened before. ​
    I am excited about new Star Wars movies, just not about a potential return of the Big Three. If they show up and do a great job, fantastic. Then I'll be excited about being proven wrong.​

I'm looking at it in terms of risk/reward. I think bringing back the Big Three has a very small potential reward and a disproportionately large risk.

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Ok. I don't know your age but consider: Our heroes serve to awaken within us a sense of self. Our heroes are not Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammil; they are the characters on screen and in print that instill in us the qualities that we take from them. This carries on throughout your entire life and evolves along with you. The vessels of this spirit are vastly seperate from the spirit itself and to lose sight of that as you evolve only serves to dampen not only their memory but your appreciation for the ability that you have to carry this spirit forward into the future. So take that gift because its free. [face_thinking]

9. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    If they are setting the movie 5 years after Return of the Jedi, I could understand why people would have a problem with using the original actors. They would have to de-age them like they did in Tron, and even then it didn't work. Now, if they are setting the movie 30+ years after ROTJ, the original actors look great. Sure they look older, and that's appropriate. Luke can be the Jedi Master/ mentor (Like Obi-Wan and Yoda). Leia can also be a Jedi Master (but more of a diplomat or counselor.) Han can be a retired General that is pulled out of retirement to face the new threat. And if you are still worried about them not being "in shape," they still have plenty of time to go on a specialized diet and work out plan.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Meh. I liked Princess Leia as the younger, feminine, pretty, beautiful, gorgeous looking person, not this/the old lady version of Carrie Fisher........

11. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    They will look the best they have looked in over a decade on film, tricks of the trade will do that for them.
    Don't worry they are suppose to look 30 years older anyways. Rumors are floating around that Lando is going to be back too.
    Guess what he got old too.
    [​IMG]

12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ewww.................... Yuck..................

Whatever happened to the good-looking Lando from the 80's???

13. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Too many Colt 45s. Seriously, he looks pretty good for 75.

14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Nobody, No One, Noone, I repeat, No HUMAN BEING, is as good looking/handsome/beautiful, as this guy/dude below...........

[​IMG]

16. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Billy Dee lookin' pretty good

17. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Very distinguished.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Quite good looking, younger Billy Dee Williams, was.............

Older Billy is ugly now.....................

Taylor Lautner shall take his place....................

[​IMG]

19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    ???????????

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I think that he could appear just as he is in that photo and carry the Lando role off supurbly.

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I agree with you bro; Lando is who he always was-an evil rebel criminal and revolutionary...............

22. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sorry, if any twilight actor or actress gets anywhere near Star Wars VII... there will be blood.

Fleab88 likes this.
  23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The Twilight actors are all so good-looking, all 3 of them, em!!!!!!!! (Whistling!!!!!!)

25. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Your agism is getting to be too much guys and girls.