main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT what is the inside of the death star like?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Size DOES MATTER!!!!!!!

THERE IS NO PRECEPTION OF THE VIEWER, BY THAT LOGIC, PRINCESS LEIA HAVING CINNNAOMN BUNS IS THE PERCEPTION OF THE VIEWER.........................................

2. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    When Tarkin and Conan died, it didn't hurt at all. It was like blinking your finger....................

3. Attariel

Attariel Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Are there any legitimate sources for the size difference between Death Star 1 and 2 and the size of the Moon to the Death Star's? This image has a rather acurate looking earth to moon ratio ( at least as my astronomy classes teach)

4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Do you really enjoy taking astronomy??? I dislike it a lot..............

5. Attariel

Nov 15, 2012
    I am nerdy enough that I actually do. I find astronomy amazing, it was a passion that deffinetly started because of Star Wars

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I hope it's is not mandatory for you............

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    There is the Star Wars Complete Location book, which lists it as 900km. and the Original as 160. TBH, i do not think i have come across an actual source which says why the DS2 was that large, except that it was meant to make the laser more productive and continuous with use, as they had back up power generators for the damn thing.

I think Saxton had a go at com,paring them, but people are usually wary of his technicalities.

8. Attariel

Nov 15, 2012
    astronomy is not mandatory but science credits are.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Size issues can be put down partly to inconsistencies in filming, and partly to Curtis Saxton, as co-writer of Complete Locations and subsequent books, being overeager to put his stamp on canon.

Older canon said 120 km and 160 km. And some sites, like ST-vs-SW.net, have done their own movie scaling estimates and come up with the same values for the DS1 and DS2 that those older canon books did.

10. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Think of modern aircraft carriers. They are basically portable floating military bases that can go anywhere in the world. Thats what the death star was, to keep systems in order, and they had facilities so the military personnel could have comforts just like soldiers in military bases do now.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That was the impression I got from the Death Star novel and its inclusion of cantina staff as characters.

12. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Seriously. A school with less than 1000 people still takes at least 15 minutes to get out of the building furing fire drills. And when running out of a burning building, people are only using their feet. Not spaceships that have to be woken up, prepped, etc.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I forgot about that ships need to be prepped and all that stuff.

14. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Force Smuggler besides that, though, the Death Star is the size of a small moon, right? 15 minutes isn't enough time for even Usain Bolt to run from the inside of a small moon to an outside port where ships were.
    Also: general panic and confusion. Stuff falling and trapping you, like in earthquakes. etc.

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It does raise the question of how Luke got from the Emperor's Throne Tower on the north pole of the DS2 to the equator where the shuttle launch bay appears to be. Very fast train?

It would have made much more sense for the Emperor to have a shuttle docked at the tower in case of emergency and for Luke to use that. But this is not what we see.

16. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    And your answer is..........the Emperor's Private Turbolift!

TreborSabreon and Force Smuggler like this.