main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ep.7 = Ep.1 + Ep.4 ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 16, 2012.

1. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    And in EU, Luke does have a family...and guess what? It only brings trouble. And Leia has a family (before becoming Jedi, I think, so she can pass) but her kids, who are raised Jedi, start relationships, and those only bring trouble too. LIKE A LOT OF IT. The old order survived for thousands of years forbidding attachments. The NJO isn't stable for even a decade. People should learn. So you can't be with this lady you like and get her pregnant. HERE'S A THOUGHT: MAYBE IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE SAKE OF THE GALAXY.
    NJO annoys me.

2. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    It's good, but the Saga Forum has this beat.

Visual rhyming http://boards.theforce.net/threads/visual-links.50003768/page-6#post-50155718
    Audio rhyming. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/lines-from-the-saga-that-mirror-each-other.31568903/

And whoever said that George Lucas doesn't have any original ideas, it might be true! When he isn't stealing from his OWN movies, you can bet he's riffing on his old favorites. Such as Kurosawa, old Flash Gordon serials, and a healthy bit of Wizard of Oz.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I never really read much EU but it brings up a ton of conflict. Perhaps some elements will be used if for nothing more than the conflict they bring.

4. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I don't read much NJO either. It's not the conflict that annoys me - Clone Wars EU was full of conflict as well. It's the idiotic nature of the conflict that upsets me.

5. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I do not think that marriage is the root of the dark side of the force, or at least not always.

6. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Marriage is not the root of the dark side of the Force. However, marriage and family usually means that you like your family more than other people and will do things for them first. These personal attachments often lead to bad results.
    Non-SW example: movies about contagious epidemics. A virus escapes in a facility. The entire facility is shut down. Yes, everybody in the facilitiy will die. That is sad. But the virus is contained and mankind is saved.
    Then we learn that a policeman who is part of the squad making sure the place is closed off, nobody come out, etc. has a wife who is a scientist inside the facility. He loves her and can't stand to see her die. He secretly lets her out.
    But oh no! The wife is infected! And now the virus is out! The virus proceeds to infect the world and civilization collapses while billions die.
    All because of a single, selfish personal attachment.

7. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    I believe that families can find ways to be missionaries & to care for others in a selfless way.

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    The nature of the Force requires one-track minded dedication. Its kind of like eastern meditation, yeah? To get the best results one must devote entirely to it. Like thesevegetables said up there, wives nagging all the time[face_dunno]

thesevegetables likes this.
  9. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    That is why jedi should only marry other jedi who don't nag.

10. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Life isn't this easy.

11. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Thank you for the link, this is great stuff.

12. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Lucas has talked about and done repeating styles and themes, so i wouldn't be surprised if Episode VII follows a similiar formula. Or at least has a couple of those elements.

Though having the main charater be Luke or Leia's child would make some of those firsts and discovery elements hard to include.

Wonder if in the opening crawl we'll find out that Luke hasn't been seen in a long time and finding him will be part of the main characters story, or something liket hat.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And when they find him he should be totally Yoda-d out, complete with backward speech and mud hut.

thesevegetables likes this.
  14. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Wow....um....ok.......what?

15. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Marriage has nothing to do with the Death Star, at least not directly......

16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    And your point is??

17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    And how exactly have you not noticed this until now? The parallels between the films, and similarities are obvious.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    ??????????????????

19. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    *Cough.*
    The parallels between the films, and similarities are obvious.

20. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I didn't like how there were parallels and similarities. It's is like George Lucas ran out of ideas and needed to recycle old ones...............

21. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Where in the previous post do you see a mention of the Death Star? Learn to read posts properly before replying.

Someone needs to ban this guy again.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    which one. They are both rather trollish!

and beware, he will most likely come back and give you some insane logic about Anakin's marriage and how it conceived the death star

23. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Now that you've pointed out to me who he quoted... yeah... both of them :p

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  24. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    I had my doubts, but you won me over. Can't argue with logic like that.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not clear exactly when they "forbade attachments"- but it's definitely a small proportion of the Order's history- since the Order was founded 25000 years BBY and married Jedi were considered acceptable as late as 4000 BBY.