main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion I am now depressed and my excitement for the trilogy has dropped a bit....

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bleeding0range, Nov 16, 2012.

1. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Mark Hamill is 61 years old. Carrie Fisher is 56 years old. And Harrison Ford is 70. And aside from Ford, the other two have not been that active on the movie screens for quite a while. What did you expect?

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This, exactly this. Especially on the "think." The most recent picture I saw of Carrie was taken at a public appearance two days ago and she already looks a worls apart from the picture the OP posted.

I don't understand how people keep littering topic after top with candid photos taken of people who are not on set, not in makeup, not in costume and not under stage lighting.
    Add in a year of workouts before princpial shooting begins and put the actors under the actual circumstances one will see on set and there will be a world of difference.

It just baffles me how one would not stop to consider this before creating the 50th topic this week about the age and/or appearance of the potential cast of these films, let alone how a person would allow a couple of snapshots taken under conditions nowhere appraoching onset realities to ruin their excitement for the ST and cause them to feel depressed. I understand I'm only speaking for myself here, but damn, enough is enough with the new topics about the age thing. There are probably dozens of topics already open and available to discuss it.

JainaSoloYJK and krtmd like this.
  3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    BIlly Dee will be on an episode of Modern Family soon, would be a good chance to see if he can still act.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree. Put a little makeup on and they will look fine. See, two minutes with photoshop will take ten years off your image. Can you imagine what the makeup people and CGI wizards could do.

[​IMG] Throw on a dark robe and you have a Jedi Master.[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK and TreborSabreon like this.
  5. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Real fans would have known how they looked in the first place (and then wouldn't care.)
    This didn't seem to bother fans of the Star Trek movies. While I refrain from trying to imagine just what scenarios will happen in the new films, just the surreal thought of seeing these three together in the Falcon's cockpit gives me goosebumps. It will almost make it worth seeing a trailer even if intending to be spoiler free.

krtmd, NileQT87, Krueger and 2 others like this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Correct. You win this thread...

7. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I know I'm just reiterating what has been said over and over, but I'm not worried at all. I would love to have them, in some form or another, to connect the films. A little exercise, makeup, and maybe CGI will no doubt make them look fine...And you know, they are probably going to play their age, so they're probably gonna look...their age.

8. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    That was him? I didn't know! :eek:

9. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah! I want General Veers back! I adore Julian Glover. Scaroth of the Jagaroth should rise again! And I think Walter Donovan has some life in him still, regardless of him drinking from the wrong grail.

[​IMG]

Give Paul Freeman (René Belloq) a Star Wars role, please.

What would Star Wars be without its British Imperials?

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  10. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    [face_laugh]:_| Good GOD HELP US ALL LORD TYRANNUS IS TOO SMART FOR US!

11. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

Why not just use their voices and CGI them in?

12. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

He looks like Charles Manson in that pic.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    that doesn't even look like him.

14. adraco4

adraco4 Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2012
    Holy Crap! Pycele was Veers? How did I not notice this?!!!? Seriously, I'm cleaning brain matter off my computer because that just blew my mind.

krtmd and Darth_Kiryan like this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You would need to add a little swastika between his eyes.

16. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    We need some badass admirals in the enemy fleet as in the OT. Ther were no equivalent characters in the PT to General Veers and Admiral Piett. It left most of the bad guys faceless come time for battle. Thus you didn't care what the enemy was doing at all.

17. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    They were all CGI insects.

18. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    DO you think that, maybe, Yularen comes close?

Also, GO PIETT!

19. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Besides Greivous... there was not a single Admiral or General for the Separatists that I can recall at all.

OT just a quick thought of Imperial Navy leaders...

Tarkin
    Veers
    Piett
    Ozzel
    Needa

If given time I'm sure I could come up with more.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wouldn't put it past them.

21. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    No, that is basically it, unless you count the minor characters, such as Commander Gherant, Jerjerrod, Motti, Tagge, or Captain Lennox

22. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Still that's 5 in the OT vs only Greivous in the PT.

23. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    That bad from the persepctve that those five are worth one grievous, whereas Maul, Dooku and Grievous are worth one Vader.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You know, if those three were in all three films they would have been even better characters, regardless if you knew anymore about their backgrounds.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  25. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Leslie Schofield as Chief Bast (he was even in the Holiday Special!) is one I always notice because he shows up a couple of times in Classic Who (The War Games and The Face of Evil) and stands around with Tarkin a lot. Imperial officers and other SW bit parts populate the Whoniverse. It gets amusing.

I think the big difference is that the OT tended to use more actors just playing humans (I prefer the human to alien ratio more in the OT), whereas the PT was trying to show off its CGI and make every actor into a silly sci-fi creature just for the sake of technology doing more and more (if more of these were just real actors in prosthetics, it wouldn't be as grating that you're losing real performances to CGI fakery). Oddly enough, the old bit part jobbing actors ended up being more memorable.

And characters like Grievous were so beyond overhyped and underwhelming. He was there to sell a new toy. Watching ESB and thinking, 'hey, that General Veers is Walter Donovan' ends up leaving more of an impression. It actually leads you to looking up the names of all of these people and noticing when they show up elsewhere. Old bit part actors also feel less like obvious toy commercials.