main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT How was Luke taken to the Death Star 2?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What do you mean by that?

2. Morgan Solo

Morgan Solo Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 20, 2000
    "Relax kid, it's only a movie" -Ham Salad

3. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    Did anyone else notice that when the AT AT rocks up and Luke gets out its nightime but when you see the shuttle take of from the landing platform its daytime again. Did Luke stay the night on the shuttle?

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah. Movies have unexplained, and wierd/strange, time passing.

I guess he did stay on the shuttle at night. But I might/may be wrong. Another user could correct me if I am.

I don't remember the scene that you are talking about? The AT-AT rocks up and Luke gets on it at nighttime? Do you have a video of this/that to show me? I don't understand what you're are talking about...

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Could totally be a different shuttle taking off in the morning on Endor. I never really connected that the one taking off in the next shot is Luke / Vader's shuttle. What I wanna know is did they keep chatting as the shuttle was going up to Death Star 2?

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    What, you expect them to shoot a shuttle down with their rifles now, do you? They are planning how to attack the shield generator. You don't just attack anything without planning, you know?

I believe the scene if formatted (in the special edition anyway) as Vader's shuttle lands, he gets off and takes the lift down to the bridge/ramp/tunnel. The ATAT rocks up, the side door opens and Luke gets off, has a chat to Vader, then goes into the base and up to the shuttle, which then takes off.

Considering they spent the night in the damn Wookie Village which is above ground, he had to get from there to the ground, surrender himself, and then make it up to the Death Star.....it is a simple assumption to actually be sure that the Shuttle we saw leaving in the morning was actually Vader's

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Nah, I meant did Luke & Vader keep chatting all the way up to DS2. Or if they just sat and stared across from each other in the shuttle. Or Luke kept calling Vader "father" while the shuttle was going and got weird looks from the other Imperials.

8. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Interesting point that. Does Luke keep trying to convince Vader and vis-versa.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe they kept Luke in a cage and kept poking him with pointy sticks all the way up.

10. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I have seen Return of the Jedi many times but I still ask questions. It is not always obvious.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    about what?

12. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    like why was it so easy for Anakin to kill Sidious, that is if Sidious really is dead?

13. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    GL says he's dead. Unless you head that McDiarmid is being signed up for EpVII, then he is dead.

Overconfidence on Sidious' part is what got him killed.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Luke took a ride on a pizza Hutt Delvery Shuttle to the Death Star! "Make it great with the force" [face_laugh]

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Locking. we have a q&a thread already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.