main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Carrie Fisher "confirmed"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SaberJedi2, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

It's more than age, it's her body shape now. She's quite a bit heavier. It doesn't bother me in the least, but it might be an issue for some.

2. GeekFurious

GeekFurious Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2012
    So she will lose weight. They pay you to get in shape. They get you a trainer. They hover over you until you lose the weight.

Then they VFX your wrinkles and stuff.

She will look great in the movie.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    People can't get fatter or older in Star Wars?

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And "she's a princess" is not a reason against it. There's been plenty of overweight royals, historically.

5. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Hey, I'm just saying some people might take issue with it. I personally don't care if she's overweight. You know how superficial Hollywood-types are.

6. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    A few before and afters of real-life royal women who had IMMENSE power and had numerous children:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not all of them were as paranoid about keeping an 18" waist and banning all photography of themselves as they got older as Empress Sissi of Austria. And not all of them were bathing in the blood of virgins like Countess Elizabeth Báthory to retain their youth!

Seriously, Carrie Fisher has already done an amazing job of losing 50 pounds. And she was struggling with her weight back when she went to a fat farm prior to filming ANH (and you'll notice she was getting scarily thin by RotJ--drugs aren't good for you, kids).

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly, and I'm pretty surprised that people are jumping on your posts about this. Everyone knows that these things about her appearance these days (mostly due to age and weight) are being said... so don't act surprised when someone here just points out that it's apparently an issue, and in a polite and non-critical way, too.

8. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Hmm, even if we decide to remain superficial, it's worth noticing that most of the people who think Carrie Fisher is old and fat now, probably don't look half as good as she did when she was young. At least she can say: "I was HOT!" How many can say that, truthfully?[face_whistling]

Besides, gaining a few extra kilos as you get older, isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the choise often is between extra weight or worse wrinkles. ;) After 40 something it's not 'slim' anymore but 'skinny'. Trust me - I'm 43 :D