main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Colin Trevorrow to direct Ep7 - interesting quotes

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Very interesting indeed

2. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    It surely seems like he knows more than he says. But I doubt Disney will give the reigns of something this BIG, to a relatively unknown.
    But who knows, maybe we'll get another ESB. Thinking outside the box with the director choice was very good for episode V.

3. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hmmmmm...

4. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    I think a big director who already has a lot of experience with making big films does things in a certain way which becomes predictable, I really like the idea of Colin Trevorrow who has done a lot of writing for big studios, one great indie movie and not done a huge blockbuster.

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    “I can’t speak with any specificity as to what the next thing will be. There are amazing opportunities that have arisen as a result of this. One of them, I will say, will probably create a good deal of ire against me on the Internet when people find out what it is. So, I just want to say in advance that I promise you, for all those who love the mythology that I will be tackling, trust that I love it as much as you do. And I will respect it, and hopefully make it not suck.”

Hmmm.....this quote is interesting. I reckon this could be our guy. Still don't like what he said about the PT, but he would ultimately be a very interesting choice that I could get behind.

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Hmmmm indeed.

I'll need to check out Safety.

7. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    And with that quote above, I guess he could be alluding to what he said about the prequels. Maybe.

8. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I have a feeling a major character we all love is going to bite it.

9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    and who is this guy exactly?

10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    What makes you say that?

I happen to think IF Harrison Ford comes back Han will be killed-off, but what makes you think that?

11. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
  12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm pretty much convinced, given that video.

JainaSoloYJK and FinleySlade like this.
  14. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep. I think you could well be right.

15. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    The way he talks about it and looks at the camera are pretty telling, he also seems pretty sure that he's got the job (whatever it is).

I gotta go find the writing stuff he did for the big studios now.

EDIT - I can't find much writing work for big studios, although he said in the video that many of the scripts he sold got stuck in development hell etc - maybe he wrote one for Ep7 - 9?

16. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's our guy. I expect an official announcement either in the coming week or so.

17. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    What are his views on the films so far, just in case?

18. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    FinleySlade - check the article, he's a massive fan.

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you mean his opinions on the Star Wars films? I know he called the prequels "horses##t". Someone posted an interview with him where he says that.

20. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Cool. Thanks, Lando. I'd heard he'd been dismissive of the PT (not an issue in my book, I have to say). Yep, that's what I was talking about Krueger. I'm sure (if picked) that he won't do anything to dismiss the PT out of hand. I just imagine that the films will feel closer to the OT in tone.

21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It would complete insanity to hire this unknown, inexperienced filmmaker who thinks 1/2 the saga is "horse****" to direct this movie. I'll be really let down if it's true. I mean - I could write/direct a SW movie if this is the criteria! I'm still doubting it.

PleaseNoTimeTravel likes this.
  22. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I hear his latest movie is pretty good, and I see no reason that he couldn't do a good job, considering that Kershner was an unexpected choice. From his comments though, and the rumor of him meeting with Lucas, it definitely seems like he is or was involved in talks!

23. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    I haven't seen any proof he thinks the PT is 'horse****' I can only find comments where he talks about his passion for SW, have a look above.

24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
  25. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Still, I'll believe it when I see it. It just seems like a real fumble, at this point, to go from strength (the sale), to strength (the announcement), to strength (Arndt) to...who's this guy, again??? It would really deflate expectations in a huge way. The trailer for SNG did zero to inspire my interest, these post-irony, deadpan but sentimental indie movies are a dime a dozen right now, it looked like it was made for youtube or something. Hope this is a big misunderstanding, myself. We'll just have to wait and see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.