main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ep.7 = Reboot?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 17, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    There seems to be a large group of bullying fans who don't understand this concept, many people seem to think they work for Disney or Lucas film & have this way of trying to shut down ideas they do not agree with. Its really sad.

2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Pretty sure that GL said that he made these movies for kids - or his kids, IIRC on the Empire of Dreams doco.

3. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    This Forum is starting to feel like Lord of the Flies, if your post don't agree with the majority that you are subjected to rudeness & lack of manners. It was better before all these new people showed...but I digress.

4. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    by that i guess you mean everyone who joined in the last five years or so then?

5. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Its all in formating. Allowing the story to be retold gives it the feel of a classic, like the Bros Grimm tales or Greek Myth type of stories. Like Snow White, Beauty & The Beast, The Hare & the Tortoise. The Palpatine - Fox films story can be retold & should be retold, BUT I don't want to see live action version, because we have that now. Have you ever played Lego Star Wars Complete Sagaa? That's a perfect example of retelling the story. Id love to see the story told in one book, kinda how the bible is put together or like The Lord of the Rings. As long as the story begins with Palpatine using Padme to gain power & ends with Palpatines death at the hands of Anakin. Its a classic tale Ep1-6 that should be retold again & again, like other classics before it.

6. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    No just the people who joined after Disney made the purchase. Don't mind me man, I'm not that important. Its not as enjoyable as it once was prior to the news of These new movies.

7. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Ah!
    i can kinda agree. I joined a couple of years ago and only made a few posts in those couple of years. Since the announcement/deal i have gone up about 500 posts, mostly refuting and pointing out problems in peoples posts. Especially the OP.

8. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Wrong. We're not bullying fans at all, we just understand forum etiquette.

9. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    and in our defense the OP is spamming Episode 7 forum with these threads.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Many. Hell Xmen will eventually be rebooted, robocop is being rebooted, LOTR & The Hobbit is a reboot. RobinHood has been rebooted a few times. Christopher Reeves & Michael Keaton were not the first Superman & Batman. Its how brands stand the test of time. Star Wars is just a brand. There is no frontman for Star Wars, its a universe. I don't hold any starwars character in the regards of the face of the brand. Its not Vader, Its not Luke, Its not Obiwan or the droids. The Jedi are not the stars of this universe, they were just featured characters of GLs movies. A story could easily be told about the troopers, life on Curocant or Tatooine. Its a lot that could be done in tthe universe.

11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Who said I was even speaking to you?

12. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    The only decent Robin Hood is Errol Flynn.,

I mean, if you consider Russel Crowe's film to be Robin Hood, well.....yeah!

13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    The russel crowe one was pretty good & then there were the ones with guy from Glory & Princess Bride & the one that had the guy from Bodyguard. All kinda reboots of the brand

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A reboot would allow the Sith or other darksiders to be in the ST without contradicting the Chosen One prophecy.

15. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I agree, I love your avatar also thanks for not being rude.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks and you're welcome.

17. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, that is definitely a point in favor.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012