main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Oh my gosh I just realized something by reading Skywalker's sig. Is it a reference to the movie Air Force One?

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The "I'm getting off this plane!" line?

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its so generic I think its a stretch to stay TCW is referencing Air Force One with it.

4. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If that's the one then I don't see much in common between "I'm getting off this plane" and "Getting you off my ship." That said, I haven't seen the movie, maybe there's another line that JediMaster_1977 was referring to.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    In Air Force One when Harrison Ford's character is fighting the terrorist and right before he throws him out Ford says, "Get off my Plane!!"

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, I'm not seeing it. I've seen Air Force One. Its been a minute though and my memory isn't working so good today.

8. BoomBach

BoomBach Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    Jedi are promoted to Master for demonstrating great leadership as in Senate Negotiations or training MULTIPLE pupils to knighthood,
    In Obi-Wan's case he was promoted for killing Maul, being the first jedi to face and defeat a Sith for centuries

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Where do you get that?

I assumed he was made into a Jedi Master when he joined the Council.

11. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He became a Knight for defeating Maul, not a Master.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And Obi-wan still pretty much defeated Maul on Naboo. Even despite the obvious in TPM defeating does not have to mean killing an opponent. Obi-wan himself probably won't quite be seeing it that way however. I'm pretty sure this is one of the subjects the Mando/ Maul arc will explore with Obi-wan. Ita gonna be heartwrenching. x.x;

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that arc is one of the most anticipated of this season! Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    At this rate. This had better be the best arc ever. ^_^

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm more curious about the season finale. Probably because I've been spoiled too much on the Maul arc. :p

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm very curious about it to. I'm not much of an Ahsoka fan but I whanna know what the big deal is gonna be for her. I vaguely remember hearing she will get framed for something. Its really fuzzy.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah, I guess my being an Ahsoka fan helps. :p

18. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like Ahsoka and I'm curious too but I'm more a Kenobi fan then an Ahsoka fan so of course if we are more invested in a character then we'd have more interest in their particular arc. :)

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Definately agree that my bias will always lie with the characters I'm more invested in. However Ahsoka (Despite Dave's best attempts to detail this) still remains the biggest question mark in TCW so That alone insures I'm interested in her. So if Ashley and Dave go throwing around something big will happen to her in some episode. I'm in. Really I try to keep an open mind toward everything and will give all the episodes a try. It probably helps I don't dislike any of the characters, not even Padme enough to where their presence would automatically ruin and arc. Like many I never would have thought I'd be enjoying the Young Jedi arc. Particularly when I was an odd girl out on "The Gathering".

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If you live in the US, Revival is free to download on iTunes for a limited time.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucky lucky Americans...

Paparazzo likes this.
  22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It might be available for those outside the US. You might wanna check and see. ;)

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    And - so...? Why is that a problem - we don't even know who Gregor is, so why should I care? <not sarcastic, asking>

WSU>>>>>>>CWU! Go Cougs!

Re: Master

My understanding is there is both the "honorary" title and the ranked title. Juniors call the older "Master" and a master (note the small "m") of a padawan is a courtesy-title master. Non-Jedi also call most Jedi "Master Jedi."

There is the earned rank of "Master" as well, earned by training a padawan to knighthood OR by demonstration of some feat or knowledge worthy of the title.

Obi-Wan became a knight for defeating his anger to kill (well...) Maul and honorary "master" for taking a padawan. He became a ranked master between AoTC and ROTS.

For the military types, the captain of a ship is "Captain" regardless of formal rank.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's fine if you don't care who he is. Gregor is a Clone Commando. I care about clones. Clone fans pull together to get through the lean times. Put the guy on screen already.

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    You don't want to see Boil killed by Grievous while he's hugging Jedi younglings Hondo's base destroyed by Grievous first? :p