main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Thoughts about a new villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sashlon1138, Nov 18, 2012.

1. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    I know there are people opposed to the idea of a resurgence of the Sith, but I'm not sure it would be star wars without them. The Sith lords are also usually very marketable. Don't underestimate the value Disney/LFL will place on that.

I've been thinking about villains. Agents of evil.

What if VII introduced us to an entirely different kind of Sith? What about a Sith lord who's agenda was not conquest or power, but simply chaos? Kind of a Joker character. The kind who just wants to see the world, or in this case the universe, burn. Imagine assassinations, bombings, terrorism, and with each step toward chaos, the villain grows stronger, feeding off the fear and terror in the force.

I also have had a picture in my mind of an army of Boba Fetts :D

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No Sith. Would desstroy the structure of the first 6.

We've already seen an army of Boba Fetts -- they were called clones and later stormtroopers.

I keep harping on Mandalorians. Jango & Boba wore their armor. I imagine a race of vicious warriors hell-bent on conquest with the aid of technology and the freedom of unrestraint. To me that could pose a real threat to the galaxy torn by civil war in the void of the Empire.

3. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Lol, that's what I meant, a Mandalorian threat, maybe working with the Sith?

4. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Sith are inevitable, all of the Star Wars movies have them. Disney needs bad guys with the power of a Jedi if they want to make money.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  5. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    What if it was Ventress?

A Dark Lady of the Sith? Maybe haunted by a very nasty Palpy ghost.

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Traditionally the Mandalorians are almost always egged on by a Sith or as would be more likely in this case... a Dark Jedi.

7. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Whoever it is, Christopher Walken has to play the villain. "I nu id was u, SkYYYwalka!"

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I vote for sexy female sith Ventress over Maul, Sideous, Plagueis, Tenebrous, etc, any day. Why not have a sexy female antagonist(s) and a sexy female protagonist(s) in the next films?

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm sorry, but if there isn't at least one Sith in the ST then it won't be Star Wars.

Nah, man. They ruined her character, anyway.

10. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, Ventress could be cool, depending on what they do with her in TCW.

Also, she would have been more awesome that Lumyia.

11. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I read a post a couple of weeks ago where someone opined that they didn't want the main villain to be a force user. This simply does not make sense to me. If Darth Vader is to retain any power and threat in the OT (when he says that the power of the Death Star is nothing compared to the power of the force) or if we want to remain impressed with Luke, Obi-Wan, et al, then you can't have a non-force user stand toe-to-toe convincingly with a force user. In my opinion, the best option is to have a student of Luke's turn on him in a dramatic way (perhaps by killing Han?). Just my two cents...

LunarMoth and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol if they want to make money....its Star Wars....it prints money. Sith vs Jedi were for the Lucas 6 these new next generation films should focus on something else.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Dude....ventress is not a Sith.

Dark jedi man....dark jedi. That is how she has been portrayed in the microseries, TCW, and the comics.

14. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Sith & Jedi are not the faces of the Star War universe, many stories could be told in these new next generation movies, Remember they only have 3 movies to tell this lil tale. They have to create a new hero & villian & then the brand new hero has to beat the villian in the last movie. These movies may have to be 3 hrs long.

15. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Jedi vs Dark Jedi?

I'm sure Episode 7 will have lightsaber duels, its a part of what makes star wars star wars. And im sure fans do not wants future duels to consist of jedi having practice duels with each other. You need some form of dark siders then. Though said darksiders don't have to be sith.

16. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    "You are not a sith." - Count Dooku to Ventriss

Wouldn't she be too old for the Prequels though. We'll be getting a new enemy I'm sure... hopefully a fallen Jedi, not a sith.

awesomejedi likes this.
  17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    you could always go for the cliche non-Force user bad guy who has a Force user ally, who eventually kills said non-force user, takes control and is then killed by Jedi

18. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    With gangsters like the Hutts, Bounty Hunters, Crime bosses on Coruscant, Smugglers, Slaves, henchmen & currupt politicians, Jedi & Sith are not a require ment.

Unchosen One likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Your right....jedi & sith are not a requirement.......but jedi & dark siders are.

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Troopers are another group the movies could take a close look at. StarWars would do just fine without sith or jedi

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have nothing against a Dark Jedi (perhaps one of the original group Luke first tried to train) being the main villain, but perhaps not really seen in any significant way until Episode IV (kind of like The Emperor). The other two movies could have underworld scum and Imperial Remnant forces be the villains,

Heck maybe the Black Sun could be the major threat.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    no they are not.

23. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    What is a Black Sun? Is that EU stuff?

24. sashlon1138

sashlon1138 Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    I think they are too.

25. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Balance was brought to the Force in Episode Vi.

To the FORCE.

So that doesn't necessarily mean the Sith couldn't return. But it would certainly have to be different than before, and interesting.

IMO, it would be awesome to get a new Darth.

Episode Swag likes this.