main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion New Lightsabers ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 3, 2012.

1. General Veers

General Veers Jedi Master

May 11, 1999
    I hope that they focus less on making cool new sabers and more on making cool new characters. It's all about who is wielding it, period.

2. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    It has been done before. In the novel JEDI CHICKS Oona started life as a Twilek Dance slave and light weight division pit fighter with knives, When she escaped she made a set of light daggers and near the end defeated Dart Vada by doing the limbo between Vada's legs and cutting them off as the knees

3. VonDan

Oct 4, 2012
    That has already been done, In the Novel JEDI CHICKS Grunhold the Volk Librarian (from a planet ware every one is the size of a wookie and plays with axes) is tossed in a fighting pit with the Gamorian Chief, she takes his Vibro axe chops his head off and escapes. Later she is able to add a generator to the axe that encases it in light force energy

4. VonDan

Oct 4, 2012
    One of the JEIDI CHICKS was built from bionic parts taken from dead bounty hunters. One hand had had a gravity projector, One hand had a short range stun discharge, when combined she could project something similar to force lighting

5. VonDan

Oct 4, 2012
    Just to cover every thing else, we can see that as far back as 1997 the Jedi Chicks all ready had: Light daggers, Light Spear/Naginata, light axes, light whips, guns shooting light saber crystal, prosthetic in hand weapons and throwing lumps of discarded flawed saber crystal carried in a school bag

[​IMG]

http://s831.beta.photobucket.com/user/DanCoGames/library/starwars

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  6. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    all this jedi chicks stuff is complete nonsense

Jarren_Lee-Saber and fishtailsam like this.
  7. VonDan

Oct 4, 2012

Yes complete nonsense is always tracked by the ILM ISP and printed out and bought to Lucas Film securty meetings

8. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I believe Lucas made the choice to limit the colors due to aesthetics; too many colors might look tacky. He didn't even want purple but Sam Jackson convinced him because well, he's Sam Jackson! I think if we get another color, it should be for just one jedi with that unique color kind of like Windu. To me the Sith blades have got to stay just red, no matter what.

9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    This goes along with what I posted yesterday in the eviron's thread and what you want to see... I said I wanted some characters to have to go EV while in space, and possibly have to fight whilst out there!

10. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    id love to see somedraw two lightsabres from behind their back saracen style

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't the Trandoshans' use something similar in "Padawan Lost?"

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Excuse me? How would a net made out of lightsabers do anything but murder the target while horrifically mutilating their corpse in the process? That's sort of like saying you want a stun gun that fires bullets. Sort of removes the point.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There are training lightsabers- it could be like that.

"Unbreakable- yet does not cut" so to speak.

14. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    i would love to see almost zero lightsabers .. prequels RUINED the lightsabers .. they should be a few notches less than fashionable .. maybe they dig em out due to the grand sith master catching word of sideous failure .. or perhaps luke decides to hunt down the sith planet and terminate all of them .. but none of this crap with one guy with a lightsaber standing there picking his nose while wiping out 50 droids and dodging 2,000 laser shots bull**** .. luke is the ONLY one that knows how to make one at this point .. perhaps the story could revolve around lukes grandkid finding an old lightsaber of lukes and wondering what it is .. less is more

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You miswrote "enhanced".

16. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    The colors from KOTOR! Cyan, yellow, orange, etc

17. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Brown.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  18. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Agreed. Lightsabers only came out once and a while in the OT. Now I actually liked the big battle with multiple saber-wielding Jedi in AOTC but keep it to when it's necessary. In the PT people were pulling out lightsabers when they were startled. Tone it down...too much of a cool thing.

That being said I wanna see a Lightsaber Gatling gun.

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well of course we saw less lightsabers in the OT. Only five characters would have had one.

Alexrd and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, I'd like to see Corran's dual length Lightsaber.

21. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Lightsaber that works as a remote control for a lightsaber fire ball that can hit people or a light saber blade that can fly off and cut people up

22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    3 metre reach... goodbye Stormtroopers - also run 'sith' through while they're still out of range! Nice thing to have!

23. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    + 1

This pretty much sums up why some of the lightsaber duels in the prequels didn't resonate quite as well because they became more about the stylistic quality of the fight rather than the conflict that was being resolved between them. There were some interesting attempts at the latter such as EP 1 (Obi Wan, Qui Gon & Maul) and EP 3 (Anakin and Obi Wan) where the duel was a response to a set of circumstances. But most of them (Grievous, Duku, Yoda duels) played out more like a video game than a bout of wits and skill. Essentially, it was the difference between the fight scenes in The Matrix Trilogy and Enter The Dragon. The latter just gives you a clearer sense of the character's intentions and motivations whereas The Matrix...I seriously don't know how or why some of those fight scenes were happening.

24. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I thought Yoda fought an amazing duel with Dooku.

25. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    It was at the time when I first saw it, but that was in my mid to late teens. It just doesn't hold up when compared to two live actors. Grievous was comedic. He was so well armed, i'm seriously surprised it didn't draw a lightsaber from between his legs.