main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Balance to the Force - plotline continuation in Episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Darkmoon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I'd like to see this as the main thrust. Anakin was meant to bring balance to the Force but Sidious threw him off course - then by the end of ROTJ he was able to repair the damage he had done, but ultimately did not achieve his destiny of balancing the force. Until that happens servants of the dark side will continue to naturally occur. So in the ST his children must take up that mantle and finally bring balance to the Force and end the threat of the dark side.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    As long as Force-sensitives continue to naturally occur, you'll have potential followers of the dark side. The dark side is still there when the Force is balanced. But the existence of darksiders doesn't always unbalance the Force.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I like JediBendu's idea. Also a bit more info to the nature of the Force is welcome in the sequels (in my opinion) as long as its plausible, not far-fetched and not contradictory to established facts.

4. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    "Balance of the force" was a typical Luca$ idea: underdeveloped, confusing and ultimately pointless. How does no more Sith equal "balance."??? It's just a dumb idea on it's face and it got nothing more than a one or 2 line mention in 3 films.

TOSCHESTATION and Plebeian like this.
  5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    What about "Always two there are? No more, no less?" Lucas introduces the Rule of Two, kills off Maul brinds in Dooku, kills off Dooku, brings in Vader. But then you have his minons of Dark Jedi to include Assaj Ventress and Savage Opress. But then Maul comes back... so the rule of two is out of balance cause there is three. I mean they could have a Triumvirate like in KOTOR 2, but that never works because inevitably, the two will turn against one, then the stronger becomes the master, the weaker the apprentice. So my question isn't will there be Sith, but how many Sith? Two or the Theory of One Sith, which is an Army of Dark Force users.

6. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    What about Dooku, Sidious and Grievance? Do you consider the general a Sith? if so, the rule was broken in the films.

Also, why would Yoda even know that considering he was never around a sith in his lifetime before Maul showed up? Especially when luca$ wrote in the ridiculous "rule" that Jedi cannot detect the presence of a Sith. How could wise old Yoda possibly be certain as to their numbers? Both of those rules should be scrapped. They served no purpose.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Grevious was not a Force User. He could just use lightsabers due to his cybernetic fast reflexes

8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I think Yoda got a bunch of things wrong, there can be more than two but if there is one then generally they take an apprentice but not more than one apprentice just so they can't gang up on the master.

Anyway, my suggestion is that any Jedi can become a sith if they fall to the dark side. I reckon Luke has trained a bunch of Jedi after the events of ROTJ and in that 30 years there is plenty of time for one of those to fall.

Hey presto! You have at least one Sith.

9. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Has anyone toyed with the idea Darth Bane started the Rule of Two after training multiple apprentices with it (faking his own death perhaps so that they thought they were now the master)... It'd make for a way for the Sith to survive for a long time with a bunch of separate 2 person cells.

10. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    Then why does he bow before Sidious and call him "My Master"?

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  11. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    LOL. So true.

12. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Because he is the boss. At this point he is in a role of dictator rather than anything else. If I was serving a being would could kill me with just a thought I would be more inclined to give the same level of respect.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am not going to bother you with all the details but I'll direct you here.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

He apparently was in the conspiracy with Dooku or he understood that he and Dooku answered to a higher power in the Confederacy

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If they do go 40 years after Jedi then is must keep the EU intact otherwise what's the point going 40yrs after Jedi....the EU timeline stops at 40 yrs after Jedi ! .

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That would create a new continuity.

16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm getting tired of the Sith, we need a new villain type.

17. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

Agreed. Dear Disney & Lucas Films & George Lucas, please look at this.

Maybe Bane, Tenebrous, Plagueis, or some Sith Lord did fake their death in order to do this magic act. I would love to have a Sith in a Box as oppose to a Jack in a Box, as a way of surprising everybody in the next film because that would make the next film & franchise & saga even darker and more dangerous than any silly bad guy.

My vote is on Tenebrous.

18. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Was Grievous an apprentice to Dooku?

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What's the difference? They're both evil Force users who may or may not use a lightsaber.

20. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    No, just the commander of his droid army.

21. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Why can't Kenobi kill Grievous in the cartoon Clone Wars?

22. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    According to who? If that's EU, just remember that EU doesn't count when it comes to the movies.

23. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Because its already established he dies in Episode 3, duh!

24. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    have you seen the movies....or just the cartoons?...spolier Anakin turns to the dark side and becomes Vader

PS . I love how well made TCW Cartoons are

25. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I really don't think he has a grasp of what Star Wars is.