main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who do you want to direct Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I agree, I bet it gets pushed back unless someone is chosen by Christmas.

2. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I share your concern. It already has a release date which means it's on a schedule. Disney is a business and profit is first with business. You bring up a good point with the most successful directors being tied up. This is not good since Disney's Star Wars will wait for no man (or woman) and this could mean that a director may be "settled for" since better choices cannot direct because of previous engagements. Disney wants to put out a good product yes, but do you think they will hold up production and cost themselves more money for the sake of artistic integrity? I don't think so.

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    No way Oz or Howard should be in the directors chair for a Star Wars film. Same goes for Nolan. Nolan and Howard are really good, Oz is pretty good, but I've never seen a movie by any of them that made me think, "oh hey, they should do Star Wars. "

4. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, I was kidding about Ron Howard.

5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Fragwagon, did you just get déjà vu also? I feel like we've had this exchange before.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    I don't think they should either.

The thought of Howard doing this make me, shudder a bit. I mean, he has had his successes, but they are not Star Wars.

7. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Must go to sleep...I just realized I was replying to an exchange in another thread.

Anyway, let's roll out the Ron Howard Dexter Jettster flick!

8. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Consider The Return of a Man Called Horse. I mean, that guy should never touch Star Wars.

9. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I fell asleep during The Da Vinci Code, but I'd still be cool with him tackling the ST

10. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    So that leaves Faverau, Johnston, Nolan or another we haven't mentioned.

FinleySlade likes this.
  11. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Spielburg? He's wanted to get his hands on SW.

12. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Apparently he said no. "because its Georges territory", or something of the like.

13. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Darn it, he's missed his chance.

James Cameron? Ridley Scott? Christopher Columbus? David Lynch? Francis Ford Coppola?

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    LOL Classic! Ben Affleck sucks as an actor and director. He has Matt Damon to thank for his "career."

15. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    Give Affleck some acting credit. He would have blended in perfectly in the PT.

yodasbum likes this.
  16. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Is Mike Vejar still active? He did pretty good work with Babylon 5, IMHO.

17. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Could M. Night Shyamalan be directing?

I work in the indie Film/TV industry around Philadelphia.

Rumors are floating around here that representives from Lucasfilm met with Sharon Pinkenson and Adam Rowitt of Sun Center Studios near Chester PA. Don't see why they be intrested in shooting it near philly unless M. Night was involved.

Shyamalan has worked with Kathleen Kennedy before and is a huge Star Wars fan, lets just hope we don't get a silly twist ending on Episode VII. As cool as it would be to have them shoot close to home, i'm not sure if he is the right choice over contenders like, Bird, Spieleberg, or Johnston.

18. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I doubt he'll get it. Would be an instantly polarizing choice and I think Disney/ LFL will want to play this one fairly safe.

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Let's be honest, there were no movies by Kirshner or Marquand that made anybody think "oh hey, they should do Star Wars" and those turned out pretty good.

FinleySlade likes this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    No, because M. Night Shyamalan only directs movies he writes.

Besides, his movies are horrifically poor. He would not give the Star Wars franchise justice, it would be another The Last Airbender.

21. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    I know I started this thread, just wanted to get people to opine. I think they have already had a director set before the news broke of the Disney buyout. That would be the only way to keep the story under tight security. It goes out to agents....the story will be out on the Internet in a matter of weeks.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Tell me about it. I'm all for an eventual Boba Fett picture, but the concept of time travel doesn't exactly sit well in my Star Wars galaxy. The closest we've come are Jedi experiencing visions of the past and future through the Force and this was handled in an ethereal manner, as opposed to physically transporting oneself to another time.

23. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Shyamalan had a very ugly divorce from Disney a few years back when they passed on his script for Lady in the Water.

24. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    James is tied up in his own series.
    Ridley has Blade Runner 2
    Columbus is producing three films
    David Lynch- no way turned down Jedi and burnt by Dune.
    Coppola- don't see it.
    M. Night seems to be free.

25. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012