main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Morning peeps.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Good afternoon. It's amazing how much a cigar can relax me during a lunch break.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    A while ago I started smoking cigars on Fridays with a bottle of Tempranillo, still do it just to punctuate the week and move onto the weekend all official-like and such.

4. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    it was actually pretty cool, the new ownership is really trying their best for the fans

5. Sith_Bounty-Hunter

Sith_Bounty-Hunter Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    a cigar sounds really nice, i have an opus x at home in my humidor that is calling my name !!

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Ever smoke Cohiba's or Casa Magna's?

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Afternoon all. :)

JainaSoloYJK: I'm a wimp too, no worries. :p

On sports: Three points, Panthers. Three points.

One more day of work this week. I really love my job but it will be nice to sleep in for a few days.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    If only we knew of such things as multiple days off for a holiday here in the world of retail.

:(

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I can't believe you work Good Friday, Tunick.

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, that day means nothing personally to me, but working on certain days (July 4th, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, New Year's Day) really irk me. That, and the cumulative effect of not being able to use time off/vacation days during November or December. A simple period of time off (around 4-5 days) that so many get time off for this week (and Christmas week) would be beyond welcomed.

11. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    If you worked those days here, Tunick, you'd get paid penalty rates. Even for state or local holidays. But what you've said about lack of time off when you're sick...do they actually WANT ill people to come in and do badly and possibly infect other people?

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I know, right? It's a bit more forward thinking than usual. However, we usually have a few different versions of the Shamu show because of our moving screens. We have working shows where they move, then a variety of backups in case they are either broke/not moving or if it is raining.

And the Harlem Globetrotters were in the park today and part of our Pets Christmas Tails show. o_O

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't speak for Tunick but as to the general nature of businesses such as Wal-Mart--they don't care, so long as they don't risk anyone ever taking a "sick day" for any reason other than hospitalization, or ever having to pay anyone for doing anything other than actually being on the floor. And retail jobs pay poverty wages so if you're depending on that income to live, you can't afford to lose a dime of it, thus people come in sick unless they literally can't remain conscious. Sad but true.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    You don't get that luxury in most of healthcare either. Hospitals never close and while one may think holidays are slower, in my experience, they really aren't. 4th of July because people blow themselves up, Thanksgiving and Christmas people eat too much and think they are having heart attacks, New Years people get drunk and do stupid things...actually this pretty much applies to all holidays.

I actually volunteered to work Christmas so that at least one more person with kids could have it off.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have a friend who is an ER nurse. Every Fourth of July, she posts something on Facebook along the lines of, "If you decide to be an idiot with the fireworks, please put your severed fingers on ice before bringing them to me. Thanks!"

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As much as I hate to double-post, I have to for this:

HOLY *****! GO HEELS!!!!

17. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Are you short and just bought a new pair of shoes or something?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK about college sports, but the Pats had a great game yesterday against the Colts. 35 point difference. :D

20. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Ugh the Patriots.

Ramza likes this.
  21. SSkotnicki

SSkotnicki Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    Um I thought I was on a forum about Star Wars episode VII. Sorry I'm just bitter that there's no hockey to watch! Anyways I'm in line!

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We already mourned our bitter loss of an NHL season. We are now apathetic & calloused to hide our pain. The Sixers being worth watching has helped a little. But, only a little. There is nothing that compares to the Flyers in this city.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Ah I see, I don't really know much about American sports.

:-B

thesevegetables likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My preference is hurling since I am not a full native.
    [​IMG]

25. SSkotnicki

SSkotnicki Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    Kind of figured it would have been covered by now but i'm new and i don't really have the time to read 78 pages in this thread! anyone want to give me a run down of what happened in this thread that created 78 pages?

Oh and A Chorus of Disapproval I may have to block you, seeing that your a Flyers fan and me hailing from the Great Hockey City of Buffalo! but for the greater good of all things related to Star Wars I wont... and for the wicked choice of a screen name...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.