main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Why did Lucas sell STAR WARS?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Trevius, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Ok I speculated that Lucas sold STAR WARS to get a ticket on a ship off planet before the Apocalypse. That thread was locked. Hmmmm ... could I be on to something here? Does Disney and Hollywood own the Force.net now? Hmmmm... difficult to see .. clouded by the Dark Side it is. It is only those with something to hide that 'lock' the truth. Hmmm yeeeaaaassssss.

So .. if you don't think Star Wars is a true story .. or .. don't believe in the coming apocalypse .. or .. don't believe that super rich people already have off world plans and ships too .. then tell me .. why did Lucas sell it?

PK EDIT: I don't think we really need another thread on this.

2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    wat

TheForce.Net is an independent website. Disney and Hollywood have nothing to do with it.

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Not sure if trolling or...

4. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    You mean you didn't get your ticket yet? Man, I feel sorry for you. Well...good luck with that.

5. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Everybody run! Star Wars is a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

thesevegetables and Varactyl like this.
  6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Cue "Looney Tunes" music.

thesevegetables likes this.
  7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Potato.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  9. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Get to know this thread, or get used to the locks my friend. Cheers.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...lease-read-here-first.50005551/#post-50188953

10. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, the truth is soon to come out of the bag, so I'm going to break it here:

The truth is that Lucas didn't create Star Wars, Disney created George Lucas.

The year was 1973. The Walt Disney company was ailing. Roy Disney knew that something drastic needed to be done to save the company. All around him he saw new, young filmmakers revolutionizing cinema. But he knew that no one would accept Disney producing one of these new style movies, and also that the new movies needed to reflect the Disney style. An ultra-secret meeting was convened, and it was decided to use a front, or "cover", to produce these new films. They carefully selected an up-and-coming young filmmaker named George Lucas. The deal gave him unlimited freedom, as long as he remained within the confines of the PG rating. George pitched the concept for Star Wars, and the Disney creative staff got to work turning his vague ideas into an entertainment juggernaut. Freed from the constraints of the Disney image, they produced their most modern and innovative work since Walt's death. Ever aspect of the experimental project was carefully stage-managed, even Lucas's employees were unaware of the truth. The film, called "GLXperiment 1" within the walls of Disney, was a success beyond their best hopes. But as the years wore on, audiences were baffled by the result of collective decisions, made internally at Disney as it experienced continual changes in upper management, all of which had to be portrayed as the singular "vision" of Lucas: Howard the Duck, the SE, the radically different style of the PT etc. In interviews, Lucas discretely referred to the films "he would have made" if not for SW, "small, personal, abstract films". None outside of Disney knew what Lucas was truly referring to. Everything proceeded as planned for decades, until Lucas finally tired of the charade, and decided to claim his well-funded retirement package.

All of this will become public knowledge in the coming months.

11. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe lil Wayne'll give u a seat on his spaceship if you ask really nice.

12. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Abovetopsecret is that way ->
    Please keep the lunacy there.

13. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    A cheetah has no spots unless It is on a mountain

14. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    Somebody watches too much History Channel....
    Oh man - years ago that would have been a tacit acknowledgement of one's intelligence. How the mighty have fallen.

(I mean, seriously: Ancient Aliens, MonsterQuest, Nostradamus Effect, 2012 Apocalypse, Axe Men, Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, and Swamp People? This is what passes for historical programming today? But I digress...)

15. gizmodeus

gizmodeus Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2012
    him want to raise money to have twinkie

16. The Man Who Sold the Moon

The Man Who Sold the Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2012
    I wonder if the fact that he had argue SW canon with Filoni for about 2 hours a week (the time interval is my speculation) contributed to him selling the franchise...

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The ignore feature on this new board is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.