main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Young Jedi arc has actually been rather good so far..

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Alright, I admit I like Hondo and admit that every situation in which the protagonists have gotten the better of his men have been in either his absence or, in this case, his inebriation. However, there is a risk episodes like BFR could undermine his character, forcing him into the role of comic relief.

My main problem with that last episode isn't even with Hondo and his pirates, rather it is with the fact that we didn't learn anything new. As was said by Seerow in an earlier post this episode has an early days of TCW feeling to it.

We knew the kids were going to rescue Ahsoka, it was painfully obvious. It would have been so nice and refreshing to have seen them actually obey Kenobi, because TCW seems to portray every jedi in a maverick light. Qui-Gon's defience I sense in you. And in you, in you, in you and in you!

Valairy Scot likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, I don't want to turn this into a "Lets Fix the Young Jedi" arc thread because IMO if it ain't broke don't fix it. But. How would this episode have been more exciting if the Younglings just did what they were told by Kenobi? Just landed the ship and sat there for 15 minutes showing off there lightsabers?

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It is far from broke! It is pretty perfect...

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can think of a few things wrong with this one. The Gathering could have just been a news real for all I care about it. Petrol could be less of a little punk, he would be better if one of the characters actually worked as a foil for him. Then the conclusion to Grievous's attack could have been more creative than the self destruct thing. But its not enough to be worth writing an essay over how to fix it though.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    50% of arcs can be newsreels. Like Onderon's first two episodes, Umbara's first episode, most of the Hardeen arc... Some amazing battles have been summed up in newsreels, some too awesome to have been like the Capture of Even Piell or the Battle of Malastare but I was happy to see Illum.

Yes, I would have loved an entire episode on the space battle and see finally Grievous in his fighter for instance. But for what it was, the space fighting was quite nice.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  6. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    That's why I said that the writers had missed a trick. Rather than have the story about the initiates rescuing Ahsoka, why couldn't Obi do it? Grievous's attack was a contrived plot device intended to render Kenobi helpless so that the younglings could be heroic. Would it really have been so bad for Ob-Wan to do the rescuing with a bit of diplomacy with his old chum Hondo whilst the kids did some young jedi-like stuff? Like repair the frickin' droid?

Or what if they tried to rescue Ahsoka only to fail because they are only kids against badass criminals? That would have been new.

Anyway, I'm sorry. My intention isn't to derail the thread. I have liked this arc but particularly liked the first two episodes. I'm hoping we get to see more initiate stuff in the next, plus more of Master Huyang please.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No, there is no derailment. This is a discussion forum and we are discussing this arc in here right? Not all the posts have to be "OMG this arc is awesome!"

We don't know that Obi-wan is out of the picture yet. The kids and Ahsoka have not safely flown away yet. Lets wait and see what happens in the last episode of the arc. We finally got some Clone Wars so the space battle was cool with me.

There was nothing wrong with the space battle or the battle in the hanger. It was all in how cheaply it concluded. I know it had to be done for times sake.

8. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Not sure about the newsreel thing, I prefer to see things happen in detail but I agree that it was nice to see Grievous win for a change. I object to him being used as a cheap plot device however. His victory deserved it's own show.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    That's in next week's episode.:D

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully this week's episode won't have to many pacing issues. It seems like alot is going to have to happen during this episode despite the fact we've already been through 3 episodes.

11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Should be another solid episode, like the rest of the arc.

I certainly didn't think I'd be enjoying these this much, though.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Neither did I. I thought I was in for it again when "The Gathering" kinda bored me. Christian Taylor has certainly redeemed himself with me.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope so too!

Same here. I had really disliked his writing cause of Mortis and A Friend in Need but this arc as genius as it is has redeemed him as an old school TCW writer as this arc has that awesome S1 feel.

Seerow likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I actually think both Mortis and "A Friend in Need" are just middling. Lol, I'm so going to get thwapped for saying that about Mortis still. But the "Young Jedi" arc is really amazing. I don't think it'll top my list but its a great arc.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree. Young Jedi is a great arc. I am having so much fun watching it,.

Darth Vader likes this.
  16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Eh.. it's better than Onderon. It's cool to see Jedi younglings. I just don't get why we're stopping to pay these kids this much attention. How about some of those background Jedi Masters?.. Kit Fisto's mini-me and his friends get an arc and Kit Fisto himself gets one episode.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is better than Onderon for sure.

The other Jedi!?
    We have been having an argument about that in the main CW thread.

I would love me some more Kit Fisto- or Plo Koon- centric episodes.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Plo Koon has been in many episodes, while Fisto, has been in like 3-4 episodes

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    By many episodes you mean like the 3rd wheel or the guy who is there.

I mean a Plo Koon as the star THE MAIN JEDI! ;)

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Rise of Malevolence and that Boba episode in S2 is a good example :p

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Rise of the Malevolence he was not the main Jedi. He had big role but the main. Not like Fisto in Lair of Grievous.

Plo Koon was the main star there, R2 was in the S2 finale.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Plo Koon was in the Season Finale, Lethal Trackdown, R2 was in R2 Come Home, the second last episode of S2

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That one... You are kinda right. He was and it felt right!

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea

25. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Uncle Paul loves this arc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.