main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Value of Vader

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 19, 2012.

?

How Valuable was Vader?

1. Sideous would have died without Vader

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Vader & Sideous were serious business partners

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Vader was not as valuable as Sideous said he was

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. The Clone Troopers were more valuable to Sideous than Vader was

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Vader was just one of the many secret apprentices of Sideous

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Vader was just a weak fallen jedi in a black suite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 10 out of 10: Vader was the most valuable thing Sideous had

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. 5 out of 10: Sideous gives Vader an average score

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. Priceless. Vader was priceless to SIdeous

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. 0: Sideous never really cared too much for Vader

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Who killed the jedi in the Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith? Didn't the Clone Troopers kill most of the jedi under the order 66 that Darth Sideous executed? Because doesn't that reduce the value of Darth Vader, who was once Anakin Skywalker? Did Sideous really need Vader's help? Because most of the jedi were killed by the clone army that later become Storm Troopers.

Vader assists in zapping Mace Windu. Vader fails at murdering Obi Won Kenobi but was able to kill a bunch of children jedi.

So, how much value did Vader have, because I was pretty scared in A New Hope when "Ben" Kenobi described how Vader hunted down and destroyed almost all of the jedi. But in Ep.III, they do not show Vader killing jedi. They only show Vader going to kill children and trying to kill his own master.

I love Vader, but I am just saying that order 66 kind of weakened the Value of Vader a bit, in my mind. Someday, Disney & Lucas Films can go on to make films that show sith lord Vader killing and murdering jedi in order to show how valuable Vader was for Sideous.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's Sidious, not Sideous.

K'Kruhk and thesevegetables like this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's a comic book series (Dark Times) that shows Vader doing a lot of Jedi-killing.

4. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    It's not all about violence, dude. Vader played a mean banjo, who wouldn't want that on their team?

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Anakin watched as Sidious fried Mace. He didn't help one way or another after he disarmed him

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Dark Lord, set right after RoTS, Vader starts out listless, depressed, and grieving for Padme.

It's the hunt for Jedi, and would-be rebels, that pull him out of his depression and turn him into the go-getting villain we all know and love, as the book progresses.

thesevegetables likes this.
  7. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    How does murdering jedi cure you from the blues?

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin blames the Jedi Order for stuff that's his fault. Hence he gets a certain feel of satisfied revenge each time.

9. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    how did Sidious convince Anakin that the jedi are bad?

10. BoomBach

BoomBach Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    There were about 10,000 Jedi around the tie of the clone wars beginning, lets minus 1,000 for war deaths and then another 500 for....various others.
    The idea that Vader could overpower 8,500 Jedi is crazy. The clones were a major part. Mainly Vader just tracked down the few remaining Jedi.

11. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    did you see Revenge of the Sith?

12. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    I just watched it again last night.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]
    "Wendell, with all due respect, that don't make a whole lot of sense."

thesevegetables likes this.
  14. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Sidious just told Anakin a few things and then out of no where you see Anakin fighting Kenobi.

15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Troll.

K'Kruhk and thesevegetables like this.
  16. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Sidious told Anakin that the jedi were seeking to overthrow Sidious. Why did that get Anakin so upset? Was it because Sidious was like a father to Anakin?

17. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Just ban this pathetic troll already.

Vialco likes this.
  18. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    I seriously do not see how Anakin was seduced to the dark side. I see bits and pieces of how he fell, but I do not understand how Anakin changed so quickly. Half way through the Revenge of the Sith, Anakin says goodbye to Kenobi. So, they go their separate ways. Kenobi goes off to kill Grevious. Around twenty minutes after that, Anakin is fighting Kenobi. I am just not understanding how quickly Anakin snapped.

19. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Vader was worth keeping around to bring Luke closer to the dark side and Sidious, himself. Sidious knew that Luke was more powerful and would be able to defeat Vader. Vader was merely a vessel for the Sith Lord to complete his vision. The only hiccup being a fathers love for his son which, after watching Sidious killing Luke, ultimately overcame the evil inside Vader.

20. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Did Sidious know in the Revenge of the Sith that Anakin was going to have kids?

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You obviously skipped the twenty minutes.

Go back and watch it properly. No fast forwarding.

If you do that, you'll see that Anakin is obsessed with saving Padme from death. When Palpatine promises that he can save Padme, Anakin acts to save what he considers Padme's only chance at surviving. After that, Palpatine promises that they can save Padme, but first Anakin has to kill all the Jedi.

Anakin agrees and slaughters the younglings, and then goes to Mustafar to kill the Separatists.

Padme shows up and starts complaining. Anakin gets mad, tells her to shut up and do whatever he tells her.

Obi-Wan appears, and Anakin, deep in the dark side, believes that Padme betrayed him and brought Obi-Wan to kill him.

He force choke's Padme, and then attacks Obi-Wan in rage.

Now go watch the twenty minutes and see that I'm right.

PoorGreedo and tsunami1138 like this.
  22. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    No. I saw all of that but it still does not totally make sense.

23. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    The Dark Side changes people on a mental level. Voila. Your confusion = gone.

24. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Wanting to save your wife is a separate issue from "The jedi are now bad issue." I understand to some extent that Anakin wanted to save his wife, but at what cost? I think Padme asked Anakin the same question in ROTS. At what cost? Is Anakin so desperate that he is willing to do anything Sidious tells him, including killing babies and his best from named Kenobi? Anakin is willing to kill a bunch of babies in order to keep one woman and two new babies alive? Was Anakin really that selfish? Anakin really believed that his nightmare would come true?

25. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Yes. To all. Because it wasn't a nightmare, it was a Force Vision.

Sidious is very clever at what he does; twisting what the Jedi have said to make it seem like they are the bad guys. To a boy who never really subscribed to the whole "Be selfless. Think clearly" thing anyway, it would be remarkably easy to do. He plays on Anakin's moral dilemmas at the council asking him to do things he thinks are wrong, i.e. spying on Palpatine.

minnishe and Darth_Kiryan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.