main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    You can't top Vader. You might could get a Christopher Lee type to be the villain (I think he would have been great as the main villain of 3 movies, but he wasn't). It would take a strong actor...a very tough thing to conceptualize.

Oh, but Maul...he was a very minor villain...yeah they can do better than Maul. :D

2. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Darth Caedus....Natasi daala...Abeloth or a new villian Darth Fett how cool would a lightsabre wealding Fett be??

3. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    I wonder if they'll take the EU stuff and just cut it up and make what they want out of it, sort of how a lot of superhero movies are made?

In that sense, it would be kind of cool to see an Admiral Thrawn, despite perhaps timeline stuff now adding up. I think he would make a solid 3-movie villain, even if it screws with the EU.

4. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Michael Sheen would make an excellent young Palpatine (or Palpatine clone).

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    David Tennant... Who's the baddie?

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Thrawn Clone boys! You really think he'd only have one on Nirauran? He's Thrawn... there must be multiple backups. XP

In all seriousness I could see them canvasing the EU for villains but I doubt it'll happen. More likely they'll bust out a new dark jedi or nightsister.

7. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Luke or Leia has twins. One turns out "good", the other "bad" (a classic mythological concept) and must fight with eachother for the control over the New Republic.

It might be a bit repetitive of the fall of Anakin in the PT, but on the other hand it could be done better...

Oh, and old Lando has a scene where he teaches the son/sons of Luke or Leia how to pick up chicks...!

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Rings a bell...

9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    That seems familiar somehow.....

10. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Oops, I guess I just demonstrated my complete lack of knowledge about most of the EU (I had to Wookiepedia the stuff to realise my error).

11. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Honestly, the Jaina v. Jacen idea should be redone... it's got great mythical elements in it's backstory. The thing that I would suggest be done to make it fundamentally different is the endgame. Jaina killing Jacen was a bad idea... if Luke can redeem his father who he has known as a parent for only a year then Jaina should be able to redeem her twin brother... duh!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I just wish they still had their original helmets from the comics, instead of looking like a bunch of Bobas.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Will Yavin IV show up, and if so, will Exar's spirit be there?

14. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    The first mistake was calling them "death Watch"

15. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    You just know that there will be a similar approach to dealing with EU elements in the films.

Some things will be overwritten entirely (Mando culture for example... pity it didn't get Traviss to leave before she killed Mara Jade)
    Some things will be tweaked for use (Death Watch and Nightsisters for example...)
    Some things will be adopted wholeheartedly (Onderon in TCW is almost exactly how I expected the world, and all the subtle Mando influence you see there...)

Now... remember the backlash from the fandalorians when the Mandalorian arc started and how slowly they're coming back with a grudging acceptance of the changes? That will probably be the entire EU community when Episode VII hits, because it'll probably hit hard.

Considering the fate of most of the 'neutral' worlds in the Clone Wars once the Empire takes hold (occupation and enslavement due to disloyalty...) I expect a militant Mandalorian community to be around... plus there are a lot of indications that while Mandalorians on Mandalore may be pacifists, there are other militant or old school mandalorians in other systems. Concord Dawn is referenced with Obi-wan's bounty hunter alias and we're seeing Obi-wan in Beskaar'gam in the Season Promo. Geeze... I have to wonder just how much Obi-wan knows about mandalorians considering he tends to take the alias of them.

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I've just started watching the Clone Wars season I so I have some catching up to do.

I always liked the idea of the Mandalorians but if they have some canon (that iss if the CW are canon) then its likely GL would have avoided them in his treatments for post ROTJ movies.

17. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I liked watching the 'samurai jack' style clone wars cartoons, but when they switched to the CG animation I lost interest. I think an army would be the best baddies. Maybe a group trying a political coup. Maybe some kind of religious cult (force related or not)

18. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Thrackan sal-solo

19. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Sorry if someone has posted something similar to this but I didn't have time to read through 21 pages.

If balance is brought to the force then I don't see a reason to have episodes 7-9. So here's a way to tie all three trilogy's together, make a greater threat then Sidious/Vader, make Anakin relevant again without cloning or time travel, and finally have Anakin bring balance to the force.

Would if Darth Plagueis did learn how to stop himself from dying, and didn't teach his apprentice (Sidious) everything thing he knew. Similar to how Yoda, Obi and Anakin come back as force ghosts, Plagueis knew how to achieve this as well. Only instead of using it to guide and mentor like the Jedi, he uses it posses people to destroy the Jedi and rule the galaxy. So when Sidious killed him in his sleep, Plagueis flipped the tables and possed Sidious after becoming a force ghost. So basically Sidious is never himself and only a puppet and Plagueis is the puppet master.

Once his host body is destroyed by Vader in ROTJ he now needs to find a new force weilding body to posses, only he can't do it to someone like Luke cause Luke is powerfull in turning down the dark side. Let's say he finds a new force senitive host and is busy the last 30-35 years becoming powerfull enough to challange Luke, and training a Sith apprentice at the same time. It would give an explination to why Plagueis was absent since his death around the time before TPM, he really wasn't absent just nobody knew of his true power.

Maybe in episode 9 somehow the force ghost of Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin discover what Plagueis is doing. So Anakin must enter the netherworld of the dark side of the force and destroy Plagueis once and for all, and in doing so bringing true balance to the force. Yoda and Obi Wan cannont help Anakin because only the chosen one may enter the dark side netherworld, aka hell. Meanwhile Luke must destroy the heralds of Plagueis in the real world, Plagueis host body and his apprentice.

The bad thing about this is you would have to bring back Hayden Christensen as the force ghost of Anakin.

On a side note you could also have some dark Jedi, maybe one of Luke's students leaves the New Jedi Order and trains his own apprentices. Dark Jedi don't have the rule of two so that opens up a lot of possibilities. Would be cool to have Jedi, Sith, and Dark Jedi all in one trilogy in a struggle for power.

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    was that at all, even for an EU book even that worthwhile?

21. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Sorry I wrote a small novel.

22. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Sidious was obviously lying about being able to cheat death, the only way shown was to become one with the force, something you can only do if you 'let go' like ObiWan did or Yoda did etc,

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. Tallos Renkaro

Tallos Renkaro Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2012
    I could totally see them using parts of the EU... like Thrawn. He would be suitable for the main villian, having Joruus under him for some lightsaber action. Skippimg all that ysalamiri crap of course. .

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In the EU Darth Plagueis really did "cheat death" in a sense ( despite the fact that he was later killed ).

25. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Just thinking about the new trilogy introducing a new, flesh and blood female baddie (non-EU).

Disney has such a looooong history of evil women in their animated classics, it could be a possibility, however remote the idea may seem at first glance.

So many excellent starlet candidates to choose from. And with the rumors flying about a lady Skywalker, the range of plot points for examining the feminine dark side are deliciously intriguing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.