main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation When production starts...Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Nov 18, 2012.

?

Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

1. Spoiled Rotten ( The Dark Side )

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Spoiler Free ( Goody Good Light Side )

39 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    To me, it's like tasting the food before it's served on the table. you just get a taste and think, "mmmmm thats so good, I cant wait to sit down and eat it"

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's hard to be spoiler free on the internet these days, I'm only interested in the cast and crew and characters and so on I doubt there will be massive plot outlines leaked.
    Me knowing General Greivous was in ROTS didn't ruin the film, neither did the fact he used 4 lightsabers. Didn't know what he would do or when he would use them, which I found out watching the film.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm making my choice here and now!

I've given this some thought, and after remembering how overly spoiled I was For ROTS. I Have not forgotten My disappointment when I Saw it for the first time, already Having known about certain plot points that I would've much rather had been a surprise...(Things like Anakin force choking padme, or Darth Vader Laying waste to the medical room with the force after hearing Padme is dead-Even having it spoiled for me that Anakin kills count Dooku and finding out HOW it happens! Since I knew these things would happen I spent the whole movie pretty much just waiting for them to occur). I Hardly knew anything about attack of the clones before it came out that's what made the experience so exhilarating when I first saw it! Im going to do things right this time around and remain Free from those kind of spoilers...

At least as much as possible...I have to acknowledge that there will be some things that I'll have to enjoy besides just the trailers but I don't want to know any major plot points or twists this time around. I guess the only way to accomplish that is to limit my access to details on VII info Once principal photography begins...

Will I be able to resist for the next two years???

It will be difficult to resist the quick and easy path!

4. WOOKIE_WAMPA

WOOKIE_WAMPA Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2012
    Gimmie a SPOILER!!!!!

5. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I just hope the novelization is better than the ROTS one. It was awful (though it did inspire me to write my own novels when I figured I could do better, heh)

6. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I don't want to know too much until I see it on opening night. I waited for 5 of the movies (ESB, RotJ, tPM, AotC, RotS) I'm not in any rush to see Eps VII-IX.

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    To Wookie Wampa you should listen.

8. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I would give you one of my children ( of my choice ) for insider info on these movies.......I did say spoiled is the dark side

9. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    I want to try to be spoiler free, but knowing me , ill fail

10. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Do or do not there is no try,,,,,

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'll probably draw the line somewhere. If we get something crazy as the full leaked script, I won't read it.
    The rest, yeah, probably will spoil myself silly.

On the other hand, I think they'll be sure to keep a tight lid on what goes out during the production of these movies.
    Wouldn't be surprised if no one was allowed to get their smartphones and tablets and what have you on the set or anywhere near any material.

12. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Spoiled.... and these are the only movies I like to be spoiled about. This is not simply two hours of escapist entertainment for me... It is new mythology. And that needs to be slowly absorbed, pondered, and assimilated. The only Star Wars Movie I was relatively spoiler free on was TPM.... and that was a far more jarring experience than AOTC or TPM. The orriginal Trilogy was just so engrained in my life, both what happened in front of the camera, and behind it, that there was never a time that I did not know who Boba Fett was or what Ralph McQuarrie did. I will know every inch of these productions far more thouroughly than the most researched of Ken Burns Documentaries. Rumours, missteps, deleted scenes...l. bring it on.

Episode Swag likes this.
  13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    As a former 2NS and 3NS member and mod, here's my take:

(1) In 2002 or 2005, it was much easier (though still difficult at time) to be online and not get automatically spoiled. Now with facebook and twitter, countless blogs, etc., it's going to be much more difficult not to be inadvertently spoiled, especially if you're one of the "hardcore" 7NS people who don't want to know anything besides the title (they are out there).

(2) For the PT, the tricky thing was that we already knew most of what was going to happen, just not the details - so in some ways, those details were very important. This is going to be interesting because for the first time since 1983, we have no idea what is going to happen with these characters.

(3) So in some ways, I'm more curious and may want to find out where they're taking the story, and the spoilers won't affect me as much;

(4) I am also a little apprehensive about making new SW films at all, so all the more reason to be somewhat spoiled, at least to get one's expectations in check;

(5) The other part of me says, be reasonable and don't read any detailed plot summaries. I've never understood the people who want to know absolutely everything going in. SW has always been about the films first for me.

(6) I have never, ever been able to refrain from watching every single SW trailer. Quite frankly, the PT trailers were more exciting than the actual films. :p

Once this forum splits into 7SA and 7NS, I'll most likely spend 90% of the time in 7NS and pop my head into 7SA just to see what's out there in terms of info.

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'd like to try to be spoiler free but probably won't happen. LOL

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll most likely go the spoiler route. With all the twitter, tv and facebook out there to avoid I think it would be too hard not to be at least a little spoiled this time around. You'd have to avoid most major media outlets.

16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i think i'll only keep up on who's being cast other than that, i want to be spoiler free.

17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    what AC/DC Vader trailer?

18. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I voted spoiler free and I want to go in blind, but you ********s will drag me into the spoiled rotten I just know it!

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Mod types when will you be splitting off into two forums?

20. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I wanna say spoiler free but given how many of my friends are gonna be posting them everywhere mixed with my own lack of willpower and daily trips to these message boards I know I'm gonna be spoiled rotten.

Echo-07 and Julius Vernon like this.
  21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Spoiled, please...I was spoiled for all three prequels and it didn't do much to alter my enjoyment level. Reading about it =/= seeing it.

22. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I will be spoiler free. i only want to know the synopsis and characters.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I think we should split the forums after the Director is chosen, after that happens you'll have more people involved with pre-production and that is when leaks and spoilers will begin to come out.

24. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Does your darkness know no limits? If the shooting script leaked, would you dare read it? ;)

I'm on the fence but in all honesty I don't think I'll be able to resist.

What do you think the chances are of significant details being leaked? I mean, they're gonna keep it as secret as possible, will we have anything to spoil? Did it happen for the PT? I don't know because I purposely avoided anything Star Wars leading up to the release of TPM as not to be spoiled. How about Indy 4? (I avoided that too)

25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want to be spoiled rotten at all, but I probably will be. When Scream 4 came out I knew like literally everything that was going to happen.