main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree, I love Hondo and Obi together, unlikely acquaintances. The fact that they don't like each other in principle makes it even better :p

laloga and thesevegetables like this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The dynamic of those two is so much fun that I'll have to try to write them together more often than I did in the current story I'm posting (which only has 1 chapter left). I think Hondo admires Obi-Wan (to a point) and even likes him (but not at the cost of profit) but Obi-Wan more tolerates Hondo. After all (thinking about it), Hondo does/have his men kill folks - he's a bit amoral and I don't think Obi-Wan much cares for that, but the man (Weequay) himself is somehow endearing - kind of like some of Qui-Gon's strays. That struck me especially after the last TCW episode - get on Hondo's good side and he's your friend, but he will sell you down the river the next day. Obi-Wan is a bit wary of him.

ruth baulding likes this.
  3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree. Shoot! I didn't know you posted multiple chapters to that story! Darn it. I will catch up soon!

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

Me neither!! :oops:I guess with my limited time anymore I spend it on here, working on my story and reading Ruth's stuff....

I will also catch up soon.

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    @obi-mom, it's a full time job working (overtime, even), writing your own story and keeping up with Ruth. You don't need anymore on your plate.

ruth baulding: aren't you posting your newest here? That's twice the goodness, because I read both places when posted in both places.

serendipityaey: happy sigh...my review is full of emoticons.

serendipityaey likes this.
  6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yay! I'm glad you liked it! :D That was the dripping wet Obi I was speaking of writing awhile ago [face_love]

laloga likes this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ash,you give us dripping wet, show-off Obi-Wan and Ruth gave us an Obi-Wan who couldn't keep his pants on. Good stuff. What's Deb got in store for us?

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OMG Obinettes! (should i call us that? lol) i'm so sorry i've been MIA, but my laptop has decided to die and i'm limited on internet at home, and i've been busy at work.... but i still love Obi-Wan and all of u [:D]

ruth baulding likes this.
  9. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    chocolate covered, perhaps? /looks hopefully over Deb's shoulder at draft/
    I didn't post Lineage here because we are into Book SIX and that's a lot of catching up to do... and so...

10. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Have u all heard/seen this upcoming book? http://blog.farawaypress.com/2012/10/my-new-hardcover-for-2012-star-wars.html

[​IMG]

Kenobi is a sweeping story that’s part epic western, part high-stakes drama, part romance — but it’s all Star Wars, taking place in the early days of Obi-Wan’s exile to Tatooine. I shouldn’t expand too much beyond what Random House said on its panel and Facebook page, but I can say this. I’ve been working on this concept for years — I’ll talk more about that process later on — and the basics are pretty simple. The greatest hero in the galaxy faces his toughest challenge yet: He must stop being Obi-Wan — and learn to live as Ben.

It's shceduled for late 2013, but needless to say, i'm very much looking forward to it [face_dancing]

Darth_Kiryan and obimom like this.
  11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Dark chocolate w/caramel Obi-Wan? Mmmm. Sounds like an Ash story for ff.n - too spicy for here. Or for PM.

So - who's doing what and where for Thanksgiving? My mom is coming here (usually I go there) - we're only 12 miles apart. She knows of the one new cat - she does NOT know of the 2nd new cat (now you guys do). Haven't introduced the two yet. Maybe on Thanksgiving - they've pawed at each other and smelled each other and accidentally shared space this afternoon but both were too surprised to really react. I'd really like my neighbor Karen or my mom here so each of us can target one cat if the introduction does not go well.

It rained so hard here yesterday they closed the office at 2pm (I work til 5) - and they close at 2 or 3, I forget which, tomorrow for the holiday and no working on Friday. I'm rather hoping they'll offer me a permanent full time job...cross your fingers.

12. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Negotiated my way into staying local for Thanksgiving, and it feels /good./ This means unbridled gluttony and some quality alone time with my laptop..ahhhh... escapism, how I love thee...
    My fingers are twisted into impressive knots for your job prospects, Val. Seriously. And inquiring minds want to know how the second cat came into your life (I thought the Code forbade takkng two Padawans... are you playing fast and loose with the precepts????)
    This time next year we can all be digging our little claws into the new John Jackson Miller book! But anticipation is half the fun, perhaps.

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

:D

Val, you have two cats now??? Did you end up choosing one of the cats you showed me, or another one? Pics please!! (When you can) :)

Chocolate Obi- Something like that had crossed my mind, but that is more something for Ash...;)

That book sounds really good...can't wait!

Val...here's hoping (and praying) that job becomes permanent full time for you...do you have any indication it might? [face_praying]

Josh and I both got T-giving off, but we're not doing anything really - we might, just leaving it open. The last several years I've done the whole dinner (Turkey, ham, dressing, different casseroles, about three pies) mostly home made...but this year we decided not to do all that. My one day off, I didn't really want to work so hard. I cooked a ham with scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and sweet potatoes on Sunday - we might eat some of that, we might go out to eat, if it's nice we might even cook on the grill...we've leaving it open.

serendipityaey likes this.
  14. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    GLORIOUS, is it not?

worth breaking down and crying in joy/praise, IMO.

ruth baulding and Veloz like this.
  15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Mom and I just do what we want - turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing (made ahead) and pie for dessert - I love making pies but don't too terribly often.

As for the cat - well - I stopped by the same place, Homeward, after work Wed to look at Sophie who didn't seem in person (cat-hood?) to be a viable fit. Went to meet Buster Bailey Brown at MeowCatRescue on Thursday (the cutest little guy) - when his foster mom brought him out I almost gaped in surprise - Buster is 5 months and looks full grown now, is more alley cat brown/black than his picture and then he was so off by the noise in the shelter that his "mom" told me his behavior was totally untypical - kind of staying in the corner and jumping at noises.

BBB and I just didn't "connect" although I'm nearly certain it was the distracting circumstances, not a true lack of compatibility. Before I could arrange a 2nd meeting, on Sat. I was back at Homeward to look at Ginette who I saw when I went to look at Sophie - and Ginette came home with me.

And Kahlua and Ginette (not sure about her name, but have no prospects in mind for her) shared space since roughly 3 this afternoon - Kahlua swats at her (no hissing, no claws) if they get too close or Ginette comes to eat (I have to point Kahlua to her own food and they both eat in peace). Tonight, Kahlua is in the living room and Ginette here in the den (2nd bedroom) with me.

This is Buster's younger self: [​IMG] and his older self, such a quick one hand grab as he was moving it's a lousy photo: [​IMG]

This is Kahlua: [​IMG] but her spaying stitches have healed so she's off the collar:

[​IMG]

and this is Ginette: [​IMG] and [​IMG]

She is missing a couple of teeth.

thesevegetables likes this.
  16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Awww..poor Buster was scared. Poor Baby...The second pic looks sort of like my Maine Coone male I had.

And your new kitty!! She's a Black Tortoiseshell like my kitty. They could be sisters!! :)

I'll have my son take a good pic of her so I can show you.

17. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I might cry when it's released and i have it in my hands :p [face_laugh]

I'm not from USA, so i dont celebrate Thanksgiving... hope u all have a nice one! :)

18. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Thank you! I hope your day is wonderful, though, even if it's a non-holiday! :)

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha -! I'll be under the covers reading it like a little kid with a favorite comic book. Part of me is terribly amused that the concept design for the cover has "Kenobi" in about seventy or eighty-point type. YES!
    Thanks for the good wishes, too - we'll send some of the good cheer your way.

20. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Val.... you have two cats named Kahlua and Gin.... I'm starting to worry about you...

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hah - I do drink, but not often. :) Not much at one time, either.

What do you think of Kahlua and Brandi (Brandy)? [face_talk_hand] Kahlua MIGHT have been Dulce du luce, or Creme Brulee but that's area mouthful. Feel free to suggest names for Brand(i)(y). She's "Snaggletooth" due to missing teeth for a nickname, while Kahlua is "Squeak" for her squeackie (sp?) meows.

Veloz: I'll tip a glass of wine (or Pomegranate liquor - it was a gift) to you tomorrow. And the rest of you, my friends. Then *I* will drink. And not overdo it. Maybe overdo the food, though. It's tradition.

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Thanks! Make sure u dont overdo it, so we dont have to send Obi-Wan do to a mind trick on ya lol

23. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah, Kahlua and Brandy make quite a pair. And if they occasionally disagree with each other, that also makes sense. I had a particularly sweet tomcat as a roommate once (college rommmate's roommate, if that makes sense - I /am/ speaking of things feline here) by the name of FraAngelico, and the only snaggletoothed kitty of my acquaintance was a charming bastard by the name of Fishbone - a real Hondo Ohnaka among cats.

24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha ha! Yes, Val... "you want to stay home and rethink your life..."

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    To which I hiccup: "Stay here and persuade me with that velvet voice, those mesmirizing eyes and those too little kissed lips."

serendipityaey and obimom like this.