main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Blowback from killing Jabba du Hutt?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BigAl6ft6, Nov 20, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is something I haven't seen anyone talking aboot when talking up the ST. It's all Dark Jedi this and more Sith that (not that I mind, it's kind of a part) but Team Skywalker taking out Jabba would seem to be a big deal. The underworld is a sub-plot of basically all of Ep.4-5 till it becomes the big deal main plot at the start of Ep.6, but it's definitely involved in the series. And I can't, for the life of me, remember much of any EU that had to deal with it, aside from "Hey, thanks!" from Karde or maybe Jabba's uncle in the "Glove of Darth Vader" series seeking vengeance. So, anybody?

Also Fett probably back. Hell, even if you listen to the commentary track for ROTJ Lucas even says he considered special-edition-ing Fett popping out of the Sarlac but said he didn't do it cuz it had nothing to do with the narrative of that story. And rightfully so!

2. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    Yeah a whole sub plot can involve the franchise wars now the Jabba is dead and who will take over his fast food empire

[​IMG]

3. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Good point, maybe some revenge on the skywalker clan ... Maybe a kidnapping of a lived one is possible

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

4. Neil lowery

Neil lowery Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    The max rebo bands manager , must have been mad . Lost revenue et al

thesevegetables likes this.
  5. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I was thinking of this too this morning. Killing a notorious gangster would definitely have repercussions.

Cheers, K

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    and could lead to some great scenes on Nal Hutta and Nar Shaada. (spelling from memory so forgive if they're wrong)

7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I certainly hope so. He was such a major deal over the course of the OT. To forget him so easily would be crime

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nerds want their Blowback... they'll get their Blowback...
    [​IMG]

Panakas_Dawg and thesevegetables like this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Would it?

There have been many killings of mafia bosses, by various individuals of various factions, that didn't really lead to any repercussions, just business as usual.

I think Jabba's rivals, both in family and out, would be quite happy with Jabba's death.

I guess it would depend on Jabba having someone who really loved him enough to seek vengeance, even though it's a very bad business decision. That someone would also have to be powerful enough to do something about it. With the way Jabba behaved, I find this highly unlikely.

There would of course be an enormous power vacuum, but in the criminal world they tend to get filled fast and things pretty much go back to the way they were. Perhaps business would change under new management, but even then I doubt it would affect whoever's going to be the main protagonists in the ST.

To be clear, I'm not saying there definitely wouldn't be repercussions.

10. Lando8813

Lando8813 Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    So they destroy the second death star, end the empire as we know it, kill the emperor and Luke finds redemption for his father. And than the next trilogy is about revenge for Jabba's death? Nah, I don't think that will be addressed.

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If there was a blowback from killing Jabba, it would probably have taken place sooner than 30 or 40 years after the deed was done.
    Yeah, the Hutts can live for a few centuries, but humans don't - and if they wanted revenge on the humans, they'd have done it sooner, I think.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The fact that you called it "Du Hutt" is cool. :cool:

BigAl6ft6 and The_Hellhammer like this.
  13. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    One thing I would love to see from the EU is the storyline of someone like Karrde being able to capitalize on the fringe in the absence of one of it's more powerful leaders.

14. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Hmmm, they introduced Jabbas son in TCW...

15. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Yes. If the seventh film was coming out in 1985. But if the seventh film is going to take place thirty or more years later, then people may just forgive them. Maybe Jabba the Hutt had a brother or a wife or a son or someone would would seek revenge. But they would most likely seek revenge as soon as possible instead of waiting thirty or more years later to do so. But if Harrison Ford is not in the next film, they could say that Billy the Hutt killed him out of revenge.

gregvader123 likes this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Li'l Stinky will want revenge, no doubt.

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    There was plenty of blowback. You just have to read, which I know is painful for the EU haters to do. As for whether it will happen on film, I doubt it, especially if decades have past.

18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Really don't think there will be much blowback 40 years after the fact.

thesevegetables likes this.
  19. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    It's not so much hate, as it is time consuming, and some of us may not feel as completely obsessed... also as far as a fan of the films and understanding the thinking of a general audience the films should not refer to the EU. Let it be what it is... if Disney/Lucasfilm want to make a few Movies based/loosely or not on some of the EU books I as a fan don't have a problem with it as long as its not intruding on the Ep's 1-9 which need to be seen as canon.

The rest can be set up as alternate universe, like how the Comic Book movies pretty much do with Reboots.

20. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    That fat dancer with the six mammaries became a lingerie model.

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm not obsessed, and I'm well aware of what how the general audience thinks. And the alternate universe thought is short sighted IMO, because this isn't a comic book franchise.

Jedi Knight Fett and tsunami1138 like this.
  22. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    If alterate universe happens, films will be canon over EU. And frankly, if alternate universe happens, I don't see myself as consuming any of it (unless it builds on an older storyline I like, such as Legacy). I don't read Infinities.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I honestly can't think of much of anything in the EU after Jabba's death that directly affects Skywalker / Solo / Droids / Lando. And the underworld is not a big part of the movies, but it's in there, and I figure that would be an dangling thread to pick up on for the flicks, since it was a running sub-plot of New Hope & Empire till it all came to the forefront in Jedi.

To be fair, I think it's stated in "Heir to the Empire" that the only reason that Karrde is as big as he is in the underworld is because of the vacuum of Jabba's absence.

rumsmuggler and thesevegetables like this.
  24. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I used to play...

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    May not have much to do with this post but I always love an excuse to post this vid:

I_Died_Once likes this.