main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Young Jedi arc has actually been rather good so far..

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Despite my assurances? I'm hurt. ;)

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's just face it, CVI was an incomprehensible mess for those who did not attend. :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Definitely need more Aayla Secura episodes.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Definitely need some more OCs. <<;

One of the things that makes this arc great.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Your post alone shows why this arc is so much better than the Hardeen arc (the most predictable arc ever) or the Slavers arc - it has a lot of Original characters.

Aayla is awesome and needs more appearances.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    IMO, the Rako Hardeen arc is the best example of how to properly use and explore characters like Obi-wan and Anakin. It shows how the wedges are starting to be hammered in, in a way that is interesting.

Wow, quotes fail...

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    And I come in and say that that is not the best way since is reuse of elements and making the movie weaker.

I presum that there are people who have not seen ROTS yet cause they are watching TCW first or something like that - such failure of an arc will damage their view of Revenge of the Sith. Arcs like Ryloth are the best ways to use them - have them there but have other characters we know less about be the focus - have Waxer and Boil as the main characters and Obi-Wan there too.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    How did the Rako Hardeen arc damage ROTS?

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    If you watch the Hardeen arc first and then ROTS, it would feel like ROTS is just a repeat of the Hardeen arc and it does not feel as unique. The Hardeen arc was done in such a way that it does not enhance the ROTS XP but kinda damage it and make it less unique.
    Like with the Dooku duel - When I watched ROTS in 2005 I thought the last time Anakin and Dooku met was on Geonosis and it felt right that Anakin would like a rematch for Dooku taking his hand but now they have met too many times and the moment in ROTS does not sound as good if your take Tatooine and Naboo and Zygerria and Naboo again into account.

Zeta1127 and Dark-Fox like this.
  10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Original characters are nice and all, but in the end TCW just goes back to being the Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan show. I understand keeping things fresh, but I'd rather TCW do something more with the less-featured characters it already has instead of making more and more original characters that they use and then move on from. How about having Barriss Offee with the younglings instead of Ahsoka? Or Sinube? Or just Yoda?

CT-867-5309 and Dark-Fox like this.
  11. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    You have a point. When Anakin says "my powers have doubled since we last met, count" he was actually referring to a fight they had the day before last ;) The Clone Wars is only about three years long isn't it?

On the other hand, I complain that we don't see enough Dooku so it might be double standards for me to nit pick too much. I liked the Obi-Wan Undercover arc and appreciated the ambiguity about how much the Count knew when Hardeen got to the box. Seeing Dooks smack Annie around at the end was a delight too.

That's a good call. I like Barriss. I was hoping to see more of a friendship develope between her and Ahsoka after the Brain Invaders episode but that never came about. Do you remember them lying on their bunks when Little 'Soka couldn't sleep? Barris was so cool and calming and it really hinted at a bond between them.

It's things like this I think the series lacks. Not every episode needs the focus to be a rescue, duel or space battle. Maybe that is what I feel is wrong with the latest Bound For Rescue episode; fine rescue Ahsoka but make the focus the relationship between the initiates in a Barris/Ahsoka style.

And Sinube was just pure awesome. Not enough of him in the series.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It's OK, IMO.

13. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    The more I think on it the more I feel that at least one of these children need to die to add another nail in Ahsoka's coffin of innocence.

Place your bets. I give odds of 2-1 that the Wookiee carks it first.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think these kids will all make it through this arc... probably... its possible one will bite it. I do fear for them later in the season.

There is a shot in the trailer of a funeral with six little coffins

15. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    :_|Sniff, that little scene hits me right in the feels.

16. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I really think if any of them was to go it would be the Ithorian.

17. San-Tarah

San-Tarah Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    Like DS 9 did with the Ferengi, they should have 2 episodes or one arc focusing on Tera Sinub or Panaka or other lesser known heroes each season.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would actually like to say 'TCW why all the feels?' to my TV this season. So...

Dark-Fox likes this.
  19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ki-Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti are my favorite jedi and they need more episodes as well.[face_phbbbbt]
    Dave's personal favorites Plo and Kit shouldn't have too much spotlight just because Dave likes them, but they could have eps of their own instead of hanging around with the big 3.

And about actual topic: I have liked this arc as well- surprising really- I was not that into this arc first but episodes have been rather entertaining so far. But it still bothers me that Ahsoka is without explanation taking care of younglings..... why is she having such a responsibility now?

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    As I have said it once and said a million times, for us to care more about the people who die in Order 66 TCW needs to spend some time on them... MORE than what they do give them.

And this arc proves the fact that I was right. You can do an arc without having Anakin in it and almost no Obi-Wan - mainly give other people time to shine like Hondo, Grievous and the Younglings.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I haven't seen all of this arc, so I'm wondering if this arc says anything about how lightsabers get their colors.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I think they did not mention about the color. Mainly the design of the hilts and that the crystals are the most important thing in a Jedi starting journey.
    Colors just happened I guess. It was not like the EU where each crystal has an awesome color. Some trivia material had little to say.

[​IMG]

http://www.starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep506/#!/media/slideshow
    "The crystals are colorless until the young Jedi holds it, upon which it becomes attuned to the Force-user. This appears to be what governs the colors of Jedi lightsabers. "

Seerow likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've since the episode where the Petro, Gungi, and Byph successfully construct their lightsabers. I noticed that Gungi had a blue crystal but his saber ended up being green. I also wonder how Sith construct their lightsabers.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gungi's saber color may have simply been an animation mistake. TCW does that occasionally. Maybe IU the color takes a little bit to settle? The rest all seemed to glow the color the blade would eventually be.

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't remember seeing any green crystals. I guess I better watch again. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.