main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Could Mortis have something to do with Episode 7

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by the-jedi-prince, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I don't want to see it in the movies, personally, I didn't like the idea of Mortis, It was a great episode arc, but I though it took away from the mysteriousness of the force.

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Apocalypse sent ten Jedi to look for the Mortis Monolith.

Crucible is featuring the Big 3 on what is billed to be "a quest only they can tackle and hope to survive..." - and other posters seem to have recalled that it was their last big adventure before passing the torch/baton.

Sword of the Jedi (a trilogy) features Jaina, Ben, Allana and Tahiri (according to the Wook).

There's a hypersecret duology by Paul S. Kemp supposed to be in the works too.

3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If Mortis is involved in the ST, then I just might be completely alienated from Star Wars, because the balance of the Force simply didn't need to be personified.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  4. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Wouldn't it be cooler if Lucas revealed some totally new aspect of the Force & Jedi history for our imaginations to go bugnuts on?

5. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 1999
    I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but you just described perfectly the Droids Saturday morning cartoon from the 1980s. Produced by Nelvana who also did the animated segment of the Holiday Special.

6. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012

Whoa. Whoa.

First of all Dont get offened because he doesnt agree with you. And don't jump on his posting threads either, thats rude.

Anyway about the actual conversation The Clone Wars.

Maul's return doesnt water down Obi Wan's accomplishment.To me it offers a fan fav character to show who he really is. Not just a silent killer, but an ambitious villian. Darth Vader was 'basically' 'killed' but brought back in a suit or machine and flesh. Sidious himself went through a transformation of sorts. Mauls return fits. If only because George says so.

About TCW. You can feel it is not a good series, thats fine. I just feel it to be moving, high larious, and gave me Starwars when I needed Starwars. Look, from Episode II to Episode III these characters look like they have been through alot. I feel like when it is done fans of the show will feel the weight of the Clone Wars into Episode III. Thats why us fans of the series want everyone to love it. So I do kinda feel bad ya don't like it... Hero wasn't trying to insult you.

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Obviously I was offended first yet I get attacked. No wonder why people quit coming here

8. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I wasn't attacking you. I just dont think its wise to be sensitive on these boards. We are all passionate about how we feel, somtimes it comes out as rudeness. If you have something against him talk to him in private, not accross the boards. I've got nothing against you.

9. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I
    I'm with Voss on this one. You read insults that were not there. You jumped to false conclusions before seeking clarification. I would encourage you to calm down and realize no one on here is out to get you. Sometimes the majority just sees things clearer from an outside perspective.

10. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm not sure how that's gonna work but would be awesome to see!

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Mortis being part of the ST—not necessarily Ep.7, but somewhere—could be a great idea. I wonder if the TCW arc was a setup for that all along... in which case the ST has been explicitly in the works for a while, then.

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Mortis seems completely out-of-context for the Clone Wars period, and with all the mentions it has been getting in recent books, my thinking is that it could well feature - probably as the place Luke retires to, both to do what Anakin refused to do (and fulfil that prophecy!) and - from GL's perspective, so that no subsequent film/book can kill him off!

13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Mortis is pretty much out of context anywhere in an adveture film - just too heavy metaphysics.:p Don't get me wrong - I personally think Mortis is an interesting plotline - just very dangeous to overplay. Also, I wouldn't even mind Luke stepping in for a time - if that's where this is going - but if he's supposed to hang around balancing the universe for all eternity - then I'm out. That's not what I hoped for the starry eyed farmboy who set out from Tatooine. I wouldn't even want it for my worst enemy. Immortality in general is highly overrated, I think - particularly in a universe like Star Wars where some kind of afterlife is more or less dokumented, at least for Force sentitives...

[face_thinking] Unless Luke's old (dead) friends can come and party with him while he balances the universe, of course - then I'm more ok, with it.;)

Darth_Pevra and Count Yubnub like this.
  14. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Revan and Bane nearly ghost-starred, so DF was saying; so probably possible.

15. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Mortis might have some influence in the episode. perhaps a cameo appearance as statues in the New Jedi Temple. who knows.

16. Varguitas

Varguitas Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    In all honesty How would Mortis ruin Star Wars? It simply adds up to the mythological, philosphical and religious aspect of the Force. It's a great story, as it adds up to these sort of semi-gods being involved. Star Wars is at it's best when it touches upon divine or spiritual topics. So if the Star Wars Sequels, as said by George Lucas previously, are much more ethereal and much more with moral and philosophical issues, I say go for it all the way. If anything has ruined Star Wars, it's essentially Dark Empire. It's the worst story to have ever come out of the EU. Have Luke become an apprentice to the cloned Palpatine? Give me a break.

17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

Yeah, it does seem to go towards that. I don't have anything against that, I do feel that we need an arc that spans all 9 movies—that is, a resolution to something that's introduced in the beginning in TPM—and if retconning the prophesy is it, then so be it, Jedi.

18. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    You didn't read my post carefully and you took it out of context. Go back and figure out what I was actually saying.

LawJedi likes this.
  19. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I just finished Apocalypse and know I'm wondering if VII might pick up where it left off, to an extent anyways, you know looking for the sword to kill Abeloth, or something.

20. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I feel the same way. I don't hate the "Mortis Trilogy" but I felt it was something that was on the verge of being over the top. Honestly I hope and even feel like Mortis won't be in any live action SW movie. Things like that will just remain in the EU.

21. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
  22. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Me, personally? I ADORED the Mortis trilogy. It's when I began taking The Clone Wars seriously, when I began saying (to myself, at least) that in terms of ideas and ambition, this series was beginning to feel on a par with the films for me. It was deep, it was risky, it was multi-leveled, and it was from G-Walt himself. And to my way of thinking, it never ruined my perception of the Force; midi-chlorians did that years ago; if anything, these episodes restored my original conception of the Force as something far more metaphysical than physical.

That said, does it have a place in the ST? My feeling was that having Luke essentially assume Anakin's burden-to-be - that of protecting the balance from within Mortis - would be a way of killing him off without killing him. I actually thought it would be a finale fitting for his character; I'm coming to the realization that no actual death would seem fitting enough for the Farmboy; why not then have him meet the fate of King Arthur carried off to Avalon, or of Frodo carried off to the Undying Lands? Ascension of Christ into Heaven, anyone? The mythological groundwork has already been laid; it would be one way out of a situation that would otherwise prove horribly divisive: if there are people who would object to him "dying," would they also object to him becoming "undying?"

But then the onset of news that there would even be an ST changed my perception: it seems more fitting, and more in alignment with the other trilogies, to have Luke die heroically in the first of the trilogy and pass the baton to the ST's principal hero/heroine, and somehow I think that's asking a LOT of the writers to squeeze Mortis into what would be the introductory film of the trilogy. If they then choose to do something different, to have Luke endure throughout the trilogy with a storyline running in parallel to that of the main character, then there could indeed still be room for Mortis in the overall story of the trilogy, and my old ending idea might still have a chance of working.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well it could definitely work w/o being "shoved" in there. At the end of Apocalypse Ten Knights are sent to find Mortis. Maybe Luke remembers Yoda telling him about this mission with Ani, Obi, and whats-her-name (mentioned in Apocalypse) and decides at that point that he will kill Abeloth and then "retire" to Mortis doing what his father chose not to do. That could work maybe even with a really cool flashback from TCW in live-action!

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Yeah, but right now, I'm just gonna leave the EU out of the equation altogether. It may later be proved safe to still invest, financially and emotionally, in the EU, but until LFL tells me differently, I'm going to just assume all bets are off. That still leaves a lot to be done with Mortis, if they choose to go that route.

25. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    We have to remember that it we were told the story would be original. I think adding Mortis to the ST wouldn't be orginal.