main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Tunick? Tunick! Wally World Black Friday worker boycott?

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Nov 16, 2012.

1. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i say let 'em unionize and if the company dies, ok. everything dies, just a matter of when!

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Tunick, is there a metro stop near that walmart? Or is it just the bus?

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Just the bus.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Seriously. It's not a yard sale and you're not buying a car or house. The prices are what they are, either pay the ticket price or do without, there's no bartering. And if there were, the employee behind the counter wouldn't be the one making the decision, so whining about the price to him just makes the whiner look like an ass.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    And Cyber Mondays. :p

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Even the Cyber Monday sales are apparently starting earlier and earlier this year.

7. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Are you working in the back that day or will you be on the floor?

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

90% of my day will be spent on the sales floor.

10. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Feel free to call 1-818-832-0643 for any more information.

:p

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Tunick giving out his digits to his new gal. Soon you'll have bearded, big-eyed young ones to cheer on the Lakers.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That is the store's number, not my number.

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    berkeley did a study on the catastrophic price increases that would ensue if walmart followed a living wage policy

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Tunick I need more information. Is the 5th generation ipod touch going on a black friday sale?

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  17. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    yeah, that might be true but a unionized workforce doesn't always lead to increased productivity or lower overhead. hostess had one fleet of trucks for bread and one for the sweet stuff, which means two completely separate deliveries for each store serviced which is kind of insane.

also yes, the company can absorb the increased payroll costs, especially a behemoth like wal-mart, and live with a lower profit margin but the thing about bidness is if you're simply treading water or experiencing negative growth even in the slightest, teensy-weensiest fashion, you are dying. and when you're dying, you have the plague. if you can't find a path back to growth, then it's just how long you can hold on (unless of course you're getting some of those yummy gubmint subsidies or some other revenue stream opens up).

i don't particularly care for wal-mart - i don't think i've ever shopped there and some of their strongarm tactics for keeping their prices down (costco as well) are kind of questionable. so i'll sit here all detached and bemused, watching how all this plays out.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    o but those are 4th generation. I'm looking for the 5th one, I don't trust the current line of 4th ones.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    As far as I know, they won't be on sale. And you should get an iPod classic anyway. :p

20. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I know this has already been dealt with but Montie, please, stop being horrifying. There has to be something in the TOS about bringing forth such mental images.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  21. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    hey tunes, have they made you a manager yet, at least?

22. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Those of you that work retail or other jobs that are required to stay open 24/7, 365 days a year...Why don't you quit your job and find something better to do? I'm sorry, but I'm getting tired of all the whining. You should do something to make yourself better to be able to get a better job with better pay and hours. I was in the military for 6 years. I went on a 6 month deployment and generally gone for the better part of a year. There are soldiers that have to be in a hostile country for an entire year. We didn't get a say on whether or not we could take off holidays. Yeah, nobody forced us to join. Some of us did it because we wanted to serve. Some of us did it because we were already in a bad place and needed a boost. Quit your b****ing or quit your job. And just so you know, I decided to not reenlist because I knew that I could have a better life. I did that, got into a good job field with a good growth rate, completed some certifications, and I'm going to college now.

23. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    where were you deployed, if i may ask?

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

25. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I was in the Navy, on an aircraft carrier deployed to the Persian Gulf (for the 6 month deployment). Various other places as well for shorter deployments. That's why I mentioned the soldiers, they definitely have it a lot rougher than I did.