main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Whatever happen to the Separatists?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    The execution of Order 66 began the genocide of the jedi. The Clone Troopers of the Old Republic murdered jedi, but the Old Republic was still in a war with the Separatists, right? So, did Darth Sidious manage a victory over the Separatists around the end of the Revenge of the Sith? I know that the end of the Clone Wars was possibly near, but was it really near and when did the war actually end and what did the newly formed Empire do with the Separatists after the Revenge of the Sith?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin shut them down on Mustafar

Veloz and thesevegetables like this.
  3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    It's kinda in the movies...leadership killed, the rest absorbed into the Empire.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yep. There were some holdouts, but they were eventually dealt with.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. BoomBach

BoomBach Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    The leaders of the separatists were killed by Anakin on Mustafar. Shortly afterwards his first mission was shutting down the separatists if three months of genocide and nuclear bombs going total war until surrender.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Again, did you even see Revenge of the Sith?

even besides that, any holdouts were destroyed later in the early Imperial days.

7. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    Yeah the Anakin-killing-all-the-leaders scene was in there, but I didn't like how effortless it was, and how they all just stood around and let him slice them down. In fact I imagine a lot of the audience was kind of blown away at how simple it was for Sidious to end the war. Kind of makes all the Clones vs. Robots stuff seem a bit moot (I guess the clones were there to take out the Jedi in a 2-minute scene).

I think the Seperatists were such a vague idea though, that may be why Joey has some problems with it's abrupt ending, or perhaps it was so abrubt he missed it? I suppose there should have been some sort of Palpatine-in-the-senate declaration of the war ending, but we didn't really get anything like that.

8. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

Exactly. It was so easy for the war to be ended. I just watched the Revenge of the Sith yesterday again and was shocked as always on how easy it was. Because in the cartoon Clone Wars, they are on the fifth season. Why couldn't have Anakin jumped in that little ship and kill all those leaders before? And is that all you have to do to end the war? You just have to kill the leaders? And the Separatist armies were just robots and droids and ships and weapons that could all be turned off by a press of a button?

I just don't understand why the jedi couldn't have figured out how to kill the leaders in order to end the Clone War. Nine year old Anikin Skywalker in the Phantom Menace supposedly ends the blockade at Naboo by destroying a ship that controlled the robot armies. So, if blowing up a ship could end that war, then why struggle in a war for three years when all you have to do is destroy a ship?

In the Revenge of the Sith, Anakin & Kenobi jump onto a ship just to get Sidious. If they are able to hop on the enemies ship just like that then why not hop on the ship that had the separatist leaders and end the war like Anakin did in the Phantom Menace. Why not have thousands of jedi risk their lives together in blowing up key ships? Why spread out the jedi throughout the stars?

9. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    Ok, first of all you're forgetting the fact that Palpatine/Sidious was controlling both sides. He was able to give Anakin/Darth Vader the codes to get into the Separatists HQ in order to kill them. Palpatine/Sidious was also the one who told General Grevious to send the leaders there. Second, yes most (not all) of the Separatists forces are droids so once you kill the leaders and deactivate the droids, wars over. Thirdly, lets go with the premise that all the Separatist leaders are on one ship (which I find highly unlikely), the Jedi have to find out which ship out of the thousands the Separatists had which one the leaders were on, then find the location of the ship at any given time (since I assume the ship would be constantly moving), then get past all the defenses (which I assume would be great since the ship has all the leaders of the Separatists on it), then ensure that they capture or kill all the leaders (since if even one escapes he could conceivably continue the war, and finally (at least as far as I can think of things at the moment) they wuld have to learn the codes to shut down all the droids. I think that's a lot to ask of the Jedi.

10. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Did Vader ever figure out that Sidious was behind the creation of the Clone Wars?

11. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I think so.

12. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    If Vader found out that Sidious was behind the destruction of the Old Republic, then how could Vader continue to go along with that?

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    He also figured out that turning to the dark side was what caused him to kill his own wife. He was too far gone to come back. He was too far gone ever since he caused Windu's death.

14. honeybadger

honeybadger Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    JoeyArnold is my favourite poster on the internet.

Death T and thesevegetables like this.
  15. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

but then how does Anakin redeem himself then?

16. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    One would figure considering that Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. How could you not figure it out?
    Through the love of his son.

[/quote][/quote][/quote]
    Vader couldn't leave Sidious until the very end, he was too far into the Dark Side, hence their meeting on Endor and the whole "it is too late for me son" and the whole "You do not know the power of the Dark Side, i must OBEY my master"

Vader was trapped until Luke appeared on the scene,

17. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Anakin was redeemed by the love of his son and not by the love of his own wife?

18. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Hell no. His wife was dead. Vader didn't go back to being Anakin after he found out that he had killed Padme. His relationship with Padme pushed him towards the dark side. He was brought back to the light by his relationship with his son. Padme has nothing to do with it.

19. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Padme tried redeeming Anakin right before Anakin fights Kenobi in the Revenge of the Sith.

Jacob Aldrich likes this.
  20. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    It sure as hell didn't work in the least.

21. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Problem was Obi-wan was there.

thesevegetables likes this.
  22. Lumiyas_Head

Lumiyas_Head Jedi Master star 2

Jul 10, 2007
    The Separatist leadership was destroyed on Mustafar and most of their droid armies were deacticated shortly after the Empire's formation. Many of the corporations that had comprised the Confederacy were nationalized by the Empire and their assests were distributed to companies loyal to Palpatine. Some Separatists managed to reactivate the droid forces under their command and continued to harass Imperial forces until they were routed and destroyed. Years later, some former Separatists would join the Rebellion. But their cause was at an end when Palpatine signed Gunray's death warrant.

And in reference to Anakin...it's like doing something you shouldn't do. He wanted to save Padme but he wanted power more. Nothing anyone could have said would have saved Anakin from himself. The power was new and dangerous. When Anakin ultimately makes the decision to turn...he's become the second most powerful person in the galaxy and the apprentice to the galaxy's new Sith Lord Emperor. He's too selfish. He's not giving that up after he's only just "earned" it. It was only after years of "abusing" that Vader made the fateful decision to throw down the shackles after witnessing Luke's willingness to sacrifice himself for love. Because that "power" that Anakin ultimately craved was the power that destroyed him in the end. And it took Luke and years of abuse to finally learn the lesson of selflessness and that power isn't everything.

23. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Not all the Separatists leaders where killed, When anakin/Darth vader was order to to tell the leaders of the trade federation leaders to shut down the driods they where neimodens. Besides not all the separatists armies where droids!

Many where armed forces and bounty hunters just not humans like the Imperial officers and clone troopers who fought for the republic and would become the empire.

Some of the separatists became part of the rebel alliance. But most where killed in the clone wars and after. Vader not only hunted down the remaining jedi, he also hunted down other enemys of the Empire as well.

24. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    The deleted scenes in the Revenge of the Sith include the formation of the Rebel Alliance. While watching the Phantom Menace, I noticed that Sidious caused the blockade so that Padme would motion a vote of no confidence which basically impeached the former chancellor. So, the main focus of the first film is in how Sidious became the chancellor to begin with. Sidious was born on Naboo & took advantage of all his connections with people he knew. In the second episode, Jar Jar Binks motions for Emergency Powers which gave Sidious more power to fund the Clone War.

In A New Hope, on the Death Star, somebody says that Sidious just got rid of the Senate.

Now, is the separatists and the confederacy the same thing?

25. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    What exactly was the point of the first 95% of that post?

And yes, it is. It is the Confederacy of Independent Systems, CIS for short, known colloquially as the Separatists, or the Seps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.